Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

First Scratch

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/05, 02:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upon arrival at my gym yesterday, I'm walking away from the car and BOOM! There it is, my first scratch. It's on the high side of the drivers side front fender. Looked not horrible, but bad enough for me to be able only to think about buffing it out when I got home. It buffed out like 95%, and unless I point it out to someone, it's un-noticable.

Ya still gotta hate it even though you know it will happen.

Old 6/29/05, 03:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@June 29, 2005, 2:48 PM
Upon arrival at my gym yesterday, I'm walking away from the car and BOOM! There it is, my first scratch. It's on the high side of the drivers side front fender. Looked not horrible, but bad enough for me to be able only to think about buffing it out when I got home. It buffed out like 95%, and unless I point it out to someone, it's un-noticable.

Ya still gotta hate it even though you know it will happen.

I know the feeling. I came a little too close to a high curb and scuffed and gouged the front air dam right near the wheel opening. $287 later in our body shop she was a good as new.
Old 6/29/05, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

:bang: I know what you're feeling. It was bound to happen, eventually. We all hate to see that first one -- but at least its out the way now

Old 6/29/05, 03:14 PM

I have a scratch in almost the same place, its barely noticable anymore after being buffed out. The only thing is I know its there and everytime i look of course i can still see it. Oh well unless you keep it in a garage and dont drive it at all i guess its bound to happen eventually.
Old 6/29/05, 03:17 PM
GT Member

I've already gotten a big chip and a BIG dull mark where a freakin pterodactyl pooped on my car.
Old 6/29/05, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DeathMonk@June 29, 2005, 3:20 PM
I've already gotten a big chip and a BIG dull mark where a freakin pterodactyl pooped on my car.

pterodactyl ..... lol
Old 6/29/05, 05:56 PM
Bullitt Member

It's ok, my fiance thought it would be 'cute' to fly past me the other day on RT 43. Which would have been fine if the road didn't turn into one lane from two and the right side of the road wasn't torn up from construction. He flys past me as I slow down to let him in front of me, and two rocks come flying up and pop me in the rear-right side of my Mustang. I'm POed. Get back to his house and have him look at my car, he sad he 'really didn't see anything'...I walk over and see a good chip in my paint right by the door. I told him he's ordering me touch up paint, and if need be, he's paying for me to take it to the dealership so they can patch it for me cause I don't want him DIY-ing it and messing it up even more. And still nothing's been done yet. I'm usually a forgiver but this is my baby and I've treated her like gold and been ultra careful then he comes along and does this. I hate it when people are inconciderate.
Old 6/29/05, 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

but you are in love---
Old 6/29/05, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Same here. The apt. maintenance crew put a small dent in my car. I'm still trying to get reimbursed. Lets just say one way or another I will...
Old 6/29/05, 06:06 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya well I came home today, pulled into the garage, closed all the doors and walked into the house. I then heard something fall. Went back into the garage and a shovel hit the front bumper. Good size ding darnit. Glad I am replacing it anyway in a few weeks. If I wasn't I'd be pretty upset. Guess it is time to clean the garage a bit.
Old 6/29/05, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by DeathMonk@June 29, 2005, 2:20 PM

dude that made my day... sorry about the spot though... but at least you know that it brightened up someones day with a laugh
Old 6/29/05, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I found my first scratch the night I picked her up.
About a 3 inch groove in the drivers side rear quarter.

The salesman felt really bad.

He offered to fix it, obviously.

I opted not to have the dealer touch it.

It was bad enough in the clear coat that I could feel it with my fingernail.

It took about 6 different times with the wheel and a mildly abrasive polishing compund and it is about 99% gone.

I feel your pain. Hit it a few more times when you wash it and it will soon dissapear.
Old 6/30/05, 06:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by Imatk@June 29, 2005, 6:53 PM
dude that made my day... sorry about the spot though... but at least you know that it brightened up someones day with a laugh

This was pretty funny and I must admit, it did make me laugh in light of a difficult subject.

Thanks!

Old 6/30/05, 07:32 AM
GT Member

Old 6/30/05, 08:45 AM
GT Member

I have a few rock chips which :bang: just make me furious... but my man even tho he says he didn't .... I'm sure he did bumped my passengers door near the bottom w/ his fishing pole and i have 2 scratches. :bang: :bang: I feel sure he did because it wasn't there the night before! and I'm sure it wasn't! He left at 3:30 a.m. the next morning for a fishing tournament... I walk out to let the dog out at 5 and there are 2 white scratches...one horizontal and a vertical one running at the end of the horizontal one and both about an inch long and his pole is white... hum. He got a cussing!
Old 6/30/05, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, last night, my husband pulls up to his sisters house, we go to exit the car, and I hear CLANG!

I look over, --- hes standing there looking back at me with that "oh (insert own Expletives here) look.

It seems that as he "FLUNG" the door open, he clanged against the chain link fence. I thought I was about to turn into stretch Armstrong and reach clear over the roof of the car and strangle him.... but then I remembered I was 5'3 :P

Anyhow, it has 2 places that the paint is GONE, but it is on the seam of the door, so its not noticeable. But ITS THERE.

Believe me, the eyes I cut him could have killed. He knew he better not make light of that situation.

Wow, I just got mad all over again :bang: LOL
Old 6/30/05, 09:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Must.... Destroy.... him....

Bad Man.... hurt Mustang....evil man....

In all seriousness a bit of touch up will be able to hide it even better. Just put him in a child seat next and YOU open the door :P
Old 6/30/05, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@June 30, 2005, 9:28 AM
Must.... Destroy.... him....

Bad Man.... hurt Mustang....evil man....

In all seriousness a bit of touch up will be able to hide it even better. Just put him in a child seat next and YOU open the door :P

Old 6/30/05, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Kellarina@June 29, 2005, 5:59 PM
It's ok, my fiance thought it would be 'cute' to fly past me the other day on RT 43. Which would have been fine if the road didn't turn into one lane from two and the right side of the road wasn't torn up from construction. He flys past me as I slow down to let him in front of me, and two rocks come flying up and pop me in the rear-right side of my Mustang. I'm POed. Get back to his house and have him look at my car, he sad he 'really didn't see anything'...I walk over and see a good chip in my paint right by the door. I told him he's ordering me touch up paint, and if need be, he's paying for me to take it to the dealership so they can patch it for me cause I don't want him DIY-ing it and messing it up even more. And still nothing's been done yet. I'm usually a forgiver but this is my baby and I've treated her like gold and been ultra careful then he comes along and does this. I hate it when people are inconciderate.

And he is "still" your fiance?

Jay
Old 6/30/05, 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Careful Jay, you dont want to encourage Kelly to become this -- do you? :shock: :shock:

Quick Reply: First Scratch