Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

First bath

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/04, 02:53 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forget this. I just spent 2 hours out in the sunny cold washing her!

Pre bath:
Old 12/26/04, 02:53 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Two can't feel my body freezing cold hours later- no difference.....
Old 12/26/04, 02:55 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Why I had to wash her: I got a butt print on the hood....
Old 12/26/04, 02:55 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

But I love her anyway:
Old 12/26/04, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

Noone who TRULY loves their car goes to a car wash. Those induce micro-marring, swirl marks, and can damage your car.

If you need tips for washing/waxing just ask, don't go to a car wash. If you have the time, do it yourself.
Old 12/26/04, 03:05 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Badandy@December 26, 2004, 5:07 PM
Noone who TRULY loves their car goes to a car wash. Those induce micro-marring, swirl marks, and can damage your car.

If you need tips for washing/waxing just ask, don't go to a car wash. If you have the time, do it yourself.
asking asking..Tips appreciated.

I just spent a good 45 minutes hand drying her and doing the windows! That blew and I think I have pneumonia now!
It had to be done, she had black slime all over her. Did the alero too, and its Frigging FINE and shiny with no help.
Old 12/26/04, 03:26 PM
Cobra Member

Kinda stinks when you live in an apartment and have no alternative but to go to a car wash. I do the self wash thing, wont go thru an auotmatic wash though.

First thing I noticed, this car has TONS of little nooks and crannies that hold water. Where the grill meets the bumper, the mirrors and around the trunk. It takes me much longer trying to sop up all these hidden spots than it did to wash it.

I tried miguires (sp?) tec wax, forget the exact name. Was easy to apply and did not dry white and chalky. Wiped off very easily. I have mixed feelings about it though, need to probably apply another coat before I make up my mind on weather or not it's a good choice. Seems like I'm getting fine dust collecting on the car, and it is especially sticking to the wax, can tell because dust doesn't normally lay down in large swirl patterns...

Anyway, my best advice and what I generally did before this car, go pay 10-50 bucks to have someone else do a nice hand wash/wax. Will save you time and really money in the long run. Buy a "california duster" and after it's been cleaned if you don't get it wet, you can just dust it and keep it looking freshly washed.

I like looking at and touching this car so much I have been washing it myself, I feel a tad self conscience though. Everyone looking at my car and people comming up asking me about it makes me uncomfortable.
Old 12/26/04, 03:27 PM
Cobra Member

Tips?

Anyway, the back is the hardest part of the car for drying because of the spoiler and just the rear of the car. You should open the trunk for five minutes then start opening and shutting it about 5 times in rapid succession. Then dry and you are done. For the rear quarter windows, just blow into the crevices with your breath and the water will fly out of the seams. Makes it a lot easier. If you find a lot of water on the front that you can't dry and in the grill, go on a hill and face downwards. Press on the gas, then press on the brake fairly hard. Water should fly out of the front. Then open the hood and close it about 3 times and dry. Viola.
Old 12/26/04, 03:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by nynvolt@December 26, 2004, 2:29 PM
..Where the grill meets the bumper, the mirrors and around the trunk. It takes me much longer trying to sop up all these hidden spots than it did to wash
Yup, that is why i figured out all those little tricks

Those are by far the hardest parts to dry on the car.
Old 12/26/04, 03:42 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@December 26, 2004, 3:56 PM

Pre bath:
Wow, love the color! Mine is due between the 28th and the 4th of next month. Screamin yellow also!

BTW, is that kid on the bike in the first picture about to get hit by a truck?
Old 12/26/04, 03:53 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Eric R+December 26, 2004, 5:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Eric R @ December 26, 2004, 5:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@December 26, 2004, 3:56 PM

Pre bath:
Wow, love the color! Mine is due between the 28th and the 4th of next month. Screamin yellow also!

BTW, is that kid on the bike in the first picture about to get hit by a truck? [/b][/quote]
Naw- thats my bebes kid neighbor/son's best friend. The truck is his dads. They wanted to ride their new bikes, and Dad is following in his truck.

I dried and dried.....Then said forget this and took her for a ride around to finish! She actually looks okay.

On the bright side----------I ain't cooking tonight(scored bonus points for super cleaning the olds!) Thank heaven for Papa Johns!
Old 12/26/04, 03:56 PM
Cobra Member

The cleaning tips I posted really do help drying...honestly. Remember, only drive around and dry if there is barely any water left on your car or you will scratch it trying to dry it.
Old 12/26/04, 04:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Tons of info in the "car care" thread. Some great tips on how to use Zaino products.

April, I think you missed a spot.
Old 12/26/04, 04:04 PM
Cobra Member

hey mustangfun. I have been hanging around autopia, and I am going to try the Klasse AIO and SG followed up with P21S carnuba. They said that combo is better than Zaino and makes reds look very wet and liquid like. Just telling you because I know you have a red car and so do i
Old 12/26/04, 04:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@December 26, 2004, 3:58 PM
Why I had to wash her: I got a butt print on the hood....
Go purchase a Z wax kit and do a job on it. However you will not be able to sit on it when you finish as you will slide right off.
Your ride look great. Too cold in St. Louis to wash cars.
Old 12/26/04, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Better take the " Oldsmobile " to pick up that pizza from Papa Johns. Otherwise, that new car smell will not be there in the morning when you open the doors and get a whiff of that pizza you carried home the night before. Been there and done that. NOT going to do it again.
Old 12/26/04, 04:09 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Badandy@December 26, 2004, 5:59 PM
The cleaning tips I posted really do help drying...honestly. Remember, only drive around and dry if there is barely any water left on your car or you will scratch it trying to dry it.
The spoiler made me mad thats why I hopped in(also wanted to try new CD)= Everything else was amazingly okay.

Hand dried and cleaned all lights and reflectors. Inside still to do- she needs a vacuum.

Fixin on resting my miserable tired muscles. The gotta drive her every second bug is starting to rest(I found myself getting dangerous today) a ricer tried to show me who was boss, then played coward and hid when I called em, and I found a goat I wanted to play with, but they didn't wanna play too )

This week- I get to register her.......There goes my empty checkbook. I am also supposed to have XM installed(see audio mods topic) but am petrified to, I think I am going to ask B. to return it..
Old 12/26/04, 04:10 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Badandy, you sound like a rocket scientist. I don't know what any of those items are.
Old 12/26/04, 04:13 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Jaxxon@December 26, 2004, 6:10 PM
Better take the " Oldsmobile " to pick up that pizza from Papa Johns. Otherwise, that new car smell will not be there in the morning when you open the doors and get a whiff of that pizza you carried home the night before. Been there and done that. NOT going to do it again.
I wouldn't go pick up a pizza again if I had to walk to do it!

I order online and it comes to my front door! (mmmm italian sausage and pepperoni)

Oh and Crap again- olds has to have a new windshield- da...........dumptrucks.....She is all sad cause she got kicked outside- her name is snowflake.
Old 12/26/04, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Leaf Blowers work real good for blowing out the water from those hard spots.

Quick Reply: First bath