Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Exhaust systems

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/11, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust systems

What would you suggest for a 2004 V6 Mustang? I'm on a low budget and I can't decide on what type of exhaust I should get. A MAC dual exhaust conversion kit or a V6 catback. I don't have enough money for a decent catback system. I'm leaning more towards the conversion kit. But I didn't know if the conversion kit has the loudness that I want. I know that the conversion kit will basically make my V6 a GT, but it won't be as loud as a catback system. The conversion kit is $320 and the catbacks that I've seen are around $400-600. And I don't have that much money to spend.
Old 9/22/11, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrong section my friend, but i will add insight while the mods move this, save up your money. Dont jump into something just because you want to do it, do it right the first time. you have three options, get a Conversion that uses a Y pipe, get a single muffler exhaust or go custom. im a believer in custom exhaust work depending on the application, it will end up being cheaper as well than getting a full cat back. you can get two mufflers on AM or CJPony Parts cheap, go to a muffler shop and have them custom bend you pipes and there you go, dual exhaust, labor and pipes should run like 300 max. and one thing you have to remember, you dont have a V8, so the sound will be different you can get LOUD out of a V6 but it might not sound good, do some reasearch on youtube, check out different set ups, and makes sure its something you will like before you dive in, because it will be just as much or more money in the future if you end up not liking it after its all done.