Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/06, 02:36 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods, if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

When it comes to detailing our cars, we all have our little secrets or recepies. Being a detailing freak and after trying many products over the years I discovered these products at www.autogeek.net and wanted to share my impressions with TMS members.
I used P21S paintwork cleanser and concours look carnauba wax. The depth and shine are incredible. I must say...I'm stunned. In the past I've used 3M, Meguiar's, One grand, and nothing comes close to the result I have achieved with P21S. If anybody here doesn't agree that these products are not as good as I think they are, feel free to comment. I'M always open to suggestion or criticism.

After being in hibernation for almost 5 months, I decided today was spring and needed no other excuses to get the car out for a sunday drive so I could wash it when I got back. The finish is so smooth the water would drip a foot from the front end when I showered the windshield.

Then when I was done, I used their microfiber drying towels. Unreal! I'll never use a chamois again. It absorbs just as much yet it glides so much easier on the paint.

To say the least, I am very pleased with the results. Now I have to try it on a black car just to see the owner druel. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 05:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
John-
I'm sure there's a few high quality wax and polishes out there, your brand being one of them.

I can personally vouch for the Zaino treatment.

Drying off the car takes 5 minues and is touchless, compliments of a Toro Ultra Blower. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 05:48 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 5, 2006, 7:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
John-
I'm sure there's a few high quality wax and polishes out there, your brand being one of them.

I can personally vouch for the Zaino treatment.

Drying off the car takes 5 minues and is touchless, compliments of a Toro Ultra Blower. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Well then I guess I'll have to try both of these. Thanks. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 06:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ March 5, 2006, 6:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Bill at Lowes (or your favorite Lawn & Garden Store) "Yes I would like to purchase a new Toro Ultra Blower Please"
Salesman "Sure, you blowing the grass clippings and leaves off your driveway"
Bill "Nope, need to dry my car after Zainoing it, Here's your sign"
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 07:07 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ March 5, 2006, 8:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Bill at Lowes (or your favorite Lawn & Garden Store) "Yes I would like to purchase a new Toro Ultra Blower Please"
Salesman "Sure, you blowing the grass clippings and leaves off your driveway"
Bill "Nope, need to dry my car after Zainoing it, Here's your sign"
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 3/5/06, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have used some of the P21S line and its a fine product to be sure. However I personally feel Zaino has the durability and shine that I require, so thats my choice. Use what works for you, thats my motto.
Old 3/5/06, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I use Poorboys Natty wax, and Poorboys EX-P paint sealant with great resuts. Then I just use their spray detailer for touch ups.
Old 3/5/06, 08:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluestang2go @ March 5, 2006, 5:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Mods, if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

When it comes to detailing our cars, we all have our little secrets or recepies. Being a detailing freak and after trying many products over the years I discovered these products at www.autogeek.net and wanted to share my impressions with TMS members.
I used P21S paintwork cleanser and concours look carnauba wax. The depth and shine are incredible. I must say...I'm stunned. In the past I've used 3M, Meguiar's, One grand, and nothing comes close to the result I have achieved with P21S. If anybody here doesn't agree that these products are not as good as I think they are, feel free to comment. I'M always open to suggestion or criticism.

After being in hibernation for almost 5 months, I decided today was spring and needed no other excuses to get the car out for a sunday drive so I could wash it when I got back. The finish is so smooth the water would drip a foot from the front end when I showered the windshield.

Then when I was done, I used their microfiber drying towels. Unreal! I'll never use a chamois again. It absorbs just as much yet it glides so much easier on the paint.

To say the least, I am very pleased with the results. Now I have to try it on a black car just to see the owner druel. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
how much for just the wax??
Old 3/5/06, 08:55 PM
V6 Member

For what it's worth, I talked to a professional paint shop this week to inquire about ghost shelby stripes and we started talking about wax vs polish.

He has painted many cars for magazines, speed channel programs, movies, etc. and he told me not to use wax, but a polish. I didn't realize that one was better than another. He told me the best thing he could recommend to use is Mothers Detailing Spray. He said he uses it on all of his cars and it allows the paint to breath, which keeps the shine in and let's contaminants out. Wax obviously builds up, can not be removed, and eventually fades, oxidizes and causes the paint to crack and chip (because it can't breath).

I have been using the detailing spray for car shows and it sure does shine.

I have seen his work first hand. This guy is an artist, not just a paint shop.

[attachmentid=46415]
[attachmentid=46416]
Old 3/6/06, 04:40 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boltzman @ March 5, 2006, 10:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
how much for just the wax??
[/b][/quote]

A 6,2oz jar of paste wax goes for 32,00$
My impressions for now.....worth every penny.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OUPony @ March 5, 2006, 10:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
For what it's worth, I talked to a professional paint shop this week to inquire about ghost shelby stripes and we started talking about wax vs polish.

He has painted many cars for magazines, speed channel programs, movies, etc. and he told me not to use wax, but a polish. I didn't realize that one was better than another. He told me the best thing he could recommend to use is Mothers Detailing Spray. He said he uses it on all of his cars and it allows the paint to breath, which keeps the shine in and let's contaminants out. Wax obviously builds up, can not be removed, and eventually fades, oxidizes and causes the paint to crack and chip (because it can't breath).

I have been using the detailing spray for car shows and it sure does shine.

I have seen his work first hand. This guy is an artist, not just a paint shop.

[attachmentid=46415]
[attachmentid=46416]
[/b][/quote]

Well I'm not saying this guy is wrong Mike but I guess it all depends on the way you take care of your car. Personnally, I always use lay, then a glaze to seal the paint, then the wax goes on top. The complete job takes me about 5 to 6 hours in the garage. I do the whole work by hand. No buffer. And there are no spiderwebs on either of my cars.

Like I said before, we all have our little secrets or recepies but my 10 year old daily driver (which looks better than some 2 y/o cars) tells me I can't be wrong. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

In the end, whatever works for you is what matters Mike. But I do appreciate the input.
Old 3/6/06, 07:52 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Car Care [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/6/06, 08:08 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bluestang2go @ March 6, 2006, 6:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
A 6,2oz jar of paste wax goes for 32,00$
My impressions for now.....worth every penny.
Well I'm not saying this guy is wrong Mike but I guess it all depends on the way you take care of your car. Personnally, I always use lay, then a glaze to seal the paint, then the wax goes on top. The complete job takes me about 5 to 6 hours in the garage. I do the whole work by hand. No buffer. And there are no spiderwebs on either of my cars.

Like I said before, we all have our little secrets or recepies but my 10 year old daily driver (which looks better than some 2 y/o cars) tells me I can't be wrong. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

In the end, whatever works for you is what matters Mike. But I do appreciate the input.
[/b][/quote]

I am positive there are a hundred different methods of keeping our cars shining like pearly whites. I guess it is what works best for the individual. I am not a car care expert by any means, that's why I find these forums so valuable.

Thanks for the post, keep em coming.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/6/06, 08:30 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
You guys are still drying your cars?
Try Mr Clean AutoDry car wash. Works just as good as advertised.
I started using it when I had my BLACK '03 GT because of all the water that stayed under the hood scoop and would drip out later, leaving spots.
Now I don't have to drag a towel or chamois (or anything else that causes scratches) across my car after I'm done washing it. I'll never dry a car again.