Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Central AZ paint correction shop?

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/23, 12:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Central AZ paint correction shop?

I'm looking for a shop in central AZ (Phoenix and surrounding cities) to do paint correction and possibly ceramic on my Mustang and another vehicle. Not looking for recommendations for any specific product. First class paint correction is what I am looking for.

I'm pretty sure if I DIYed, I would not correct every flaw in the paint. And not comfortable anyway trying either the Mustang with its painted stripes and unknown clear thickness on every panel the stripes are on, or the Tesla with possible uneven factory clear.

If you have had paint correction done in this area and are still happy with the results, please post or PM where done.

I also posted in the SouthWest forum but the last post there was in 2018, so I hope it is okay to ask here. I understand if either are removed.
Old 9/15/23, 01:55 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,026 Likes on 2,221 Posts
How About These Guys!

https://wedetailaz.com/paint-correct...SAAEgLzr_D_BwE

Mgb,

KC
The following users liked this post:
HoosierDaddy (9/15/23)
Old 9/15/23, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Thanks. Maybe. But am mostly looking for references from forum members who used a shop.

I can find numerous local businesses that say they do any type of work but it's a crap shoot if they are as good as they say. You can't trust internet reviews in Yelp, etc or on the business' web pages because so many are shills.

The risk factor for these two is higher than most corrections. If they break thru the clear where Tesla didn't use enough or at the edge of one of my stripes, it's repaint time with everyone pointing fingers.

That particular site doesn't mention some kinds of flaws that are not uncommon on new cars. The correction is always removing some clear just like the other issues, but some types of flaws are only noticeable in certain light or angles. So need someone with the expertise and special lights, etc.. to find them. It's a pisser if you pay for ceramic and only after notice them underneath it.

I've found YouTube channels of people I would love to have do this but they are hundreds or more miles away.

I've done basic corrections on cars I owned that did not have these potential risk factors. I know I would look pretty silly pointing fingers at myself if I blew it. Plus, if I'm going to enshrine the correction under ceramic, I want more than my just-slightly-better-than-factory finish. LoL

Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 9/15/23 at 04:24 PM.
Old 9/15/23, 04:30 PM
The Analog Admin!

Personal Reference is Always The Best, Just Wanted to Get The Ball Rolling and They Had a Lot of Good Info on Some of The Processes.

I Hope To Start getting More Members and Get this Place Rolling Again. The Average Views are on The Rise and I Believe With the Current Friendly Environment in Here We Will Start to Grow Again! The Guests are All Candidates For Membership and The Better The Site Works & Looks will Pay Off As We Go Down The Road! The Sharing is The Enjoyment of Coming In Here!

All Years Welcome and Greater Attention to the Prior S-197 Era which Started a Lot of us Here has Been Needed For a Long time I Feel! I love All Years and Know The Early Stuff as I Drove Vintage Iron As a Teen and Still Have a Bunch From The 64-74 Era.

Mgb,

KC
Old 9/15/23, 05:04 PM

I'm going to visit them. I notice they are aware Tesla clear can be thin.

Site has some FUD but almost everyone does these days. Sigh
Old 9/15/23, 05:43 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I'm going to visit them. I notice they are aware Tesla clear can be thin.

Site has some FUD but almost everyone does these days. Sigh
We Look Forward to Your Telling The Tale!

Mgb,

KC
The following users liked this post:
HoosierDaddy (9/15/23)