Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Armour All Wash and Wax Gel

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/05, 09:09 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone tried this, or is this a bad idea ?
Love the commercial with the black GT.
Old 6/19/05, 02:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nope not tried it. But I too am wondering if anyone has tried it yet. I have considered getting it & trying it out on my mom's 03 Ranger of my grandpa's 98 Contour. If I do I will let you know.

Is there anyone out there that can give us any advice about using or not using this product? It would be much appraciated.
Old 6/19/05, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought some the other day after spending an entire day washing, waxing, and detailing mine by hand. I figured if I can do it one good one every so often the armor all would suffice in between my "extreme cleans." But I am a bit obsessive about cleaning it.

Anyway, it is definitely a time saver, which was what I wanted. You don't even need a bucket and the end result is not bad at all. It's actually probably alot better than I give it credit for since I am a little obsessed when it comes to cleaning. For the average driver it's probably perfect.

I have not used the wax-as-you-dry gel yet, as I didn't need it b/c I had already waxed the car. But the wash gel is great; squirts right on and ya don't even need a bucket. Cut down the time it takes to wash the car by more than half in my case. I'd reccommend it along with a really good wash and wax by hand every few months or so. I'll report back when I have used the wax.
Old 6/20/05, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have them, got the set from Walmart. The wash is great, but the wax/dry is a time saver! It works just as easy as it shows on the commercial. Make sure you dont put much on your applicator, and you should be happy with the results!
Old 6/30/05, 02:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@June 19, 2005, 5:38 PM
I have not used the wax-as-you-dry gel yet, as I didn't need it b/c I had already waxed the car. But the wash gel is great; squirts right on and ya don't even need a bucket.

I was kind of disappointed with the wash gel, but I love the Wax-it-Dry kit. You can see it work before your eyes.....well I guess that goes without saying since you are looking at the car.

It's kind of awkward at first, because there is a gritiness when waxing, but that's the wax sticking to the paint. The bottle says no heavy buffing, but to do it right, I buffed for like 30 mins...maybe more. I was searching for perfection.

When using the wash gel, I used a backet.....it might have diluted it too much. I might need to give it a second chance.
Old 7/4/05, 01:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, definitey try without the bucket, its made to be applied directly to the wet car. You might be a lot more satisfied with the results.
Old 7/29/05, 06:29 PM

Ive used it alot with my Stang.
The Wash is good as a wash can be I suppose. It is easy to use and does a good job.
The Wax is easy to apply and a good idea but doesnt hold up long to the elements.
They could improve on that aspect.
Overall I would give the system 7 out of 10.