Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Armor All Wheel Protectant!

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/10, 05:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Skip this stuff guys. I also tried the Eagle One "Wheel Keep Clean" because I got some free, what a joke. If you want a quality product that you can apply and use sparingly with good results, spend the $20 and get yourself some Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. That container of it will last for a LONG time if you're only using it on your vehicles.

Whenever I rotate the tires on my vehicle, the wheels get a full scrub down, and I re-apply the PWS. Brake dust rinses off, and the wheels are much easier to clean and keep a shine on with the PWS applied. I was skeptical at first too, but after doing my research in detailing, it is worth it.
I have to say that so far, I'm not impressed with this Armor All stuff. Is that PWS safe for chrome?
Old 4/27/10, 09:07 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Armor All does not , I repeat does not need to be sprayed on a HOT, WARM or EVEN SUN WARMED WHEEL.
Causes the worst %&*@#$! mess that you have ever tried to get off of the wheel, it instantly hazes over, and takes serious elbow grease/cleaners to remove.

Now I am talking about this wheel protector and not the reg. old Armour All protectant.

TDS
Old 4/27/10, 09:09 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by John H
I have to say that so far, I'm not impressed with this Armor All stuff. Is that PWS safe for chrome?
I agree 100 percent, just clean the wheels when needed, and treat as needed.

TDS
Old 4/28/10, 01:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
now why didn`t the guy in the video try that on his head . I may try that I really hate having too do the inside of the rims that part theres always cling ons and you have to remove the wheel to get it right. Now to find it !

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 4/28/10 at 01:40 PM.
Old 4/28/10, 01:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, should be.
Old 5/2/10, 01:34 PM
Cobra Member

Yes, should be.
Cool. I have to say, I'm not at all impressed with this Armor All stuff. Both sides of my truck's wheels are pretty close to equally dirty. I still have most of the bottle left so I'll use it til it's gone, but I'm not satisfied with my first application of it.
Old 5/2/10, 01:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

does it not need to be applied to a clean surface John I assume you did & they got equally gunge after ward.
Old 5/2/10, 02:02 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool. I have to say, I'm not at all impressed with this Armor All stuff. Both sides of my truck's wheels are pretty close to equally dirty. I still have most of the bottle left so I'll use it til it's gone, but I'm not satisfied with my first application of it.
I'm really not surprised.

Here's the product page for PWS.

http://www.poorboysworld.com/wheel-sealant.htm
Old 5/2/10, 03:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
does it not need to be applied to a clean surface John I assume you did & they got equally gunge after ward.
I don't have the bottle near me, but I'm pretty sure it says to apply it to a cool, dry, clean wheel. I washed my truck, sprayed the tire spray on, wiped the wheels off real well to get the tire spray overspray off, then applied the Armor All stuff. I have to say I was skeptical that it would work real well, and the first application of it has done nothing to eliminate my skepticism.
Old 5/2/10, 04:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

humm maybe just wax on wax off is good enough I`ve done that before seemed to work.
Old 5/2/10, 04:08 PM
Cobra Member

It's possible.
Old 5/2/10, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

I'm really not surprised.

Here's the product page for PWS.

http://www.poorboysworld.com/wheel-sealant.htm
I'm not really surprised either. Thanks for that link.
Old 6/17/10, 02:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Ordered some Poorboys Wheel Sealant this morning. The two front wheels on the wife's CC gets break dust on them like nothing I've ever seen. German cars must be particularly bad about this. If it is successful on her wheels, i will use it on the GT. By the way, with shipping, the total was $28.