Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Armor All Wheel Protectant!

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/10, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NastyStang if you like PB products, check out Chemical Guys. Chemical Guys is kind of known to produce PB's formulas and there are equivalent products from CG that are cheaper than Poorboy's as well.
Chemical Guys has a product, Fade2Black that is awesome for black plastic trim! I also use it on my tires and they stay looking black and protect them for a VERY long time! I highly recommend that stuff... I haven't tried any of their other stuff though, but based off my experience with F2B, I am sure it got to be quality products!
Old 4/3/10, 05:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imatk I never said you were a hack. I have never seen your work or you in action detailing. Do you not agree with what I said about it? If you've been detailing for 5 years than you've seen many hack jobs out there. There are guys running around washing cars for $10 and "detailing" cars for $100. It's just the business. I never said you were a hack so there's no need to get defensive and put words in my mouth. I apologize if you thought I was calling you a hack. Like, I said I wouldn't call you a hack since I have never seen you work. I just disagreed with your post about any wax working and voiced my opinion on it. Detailing is a very opinionated subject and that's why I never said "WRONG" when you said the "Armor-All Wheel Protectant" worked. Again, sorry if it came off like that.

As far as the product, I never said I used it or didn't. I wasn't even going to post on this thread the first time I read the thread but felt compelled to reply to your post. Regardless, I have in fact used the product because another avid detailer friend of mine threw it my way because he was throwing it out because he wasn't using it. I tried it out on another car and didn't think it worked any better than a wheel sealant and dulled the finish slightly. Like I said, it's an opinionated subject.

A lot of detailers will buy tons of products. A lot of guys will buy every single product that comes out, sell it if they don't like it, and move on. I don't buy essentially every product out there but I've got a LOT of it. I don't do detailing to make money but I do it for myself, family, and close friends who are willing to help. I spend way too much on it but it's a hobby. I've got a closet inside my house full of detailing supplies that slowly get used up. I agree though, Chemical Guys makes some great products! If you ever have a chance and find some Chemical Guys Pete's 53 or 5050 wax, BUY IT! They are both great waxes. I've got a lot of 'favorite' products from all sorts of different companies but they are all from "non mainstream" companies. Meguiars is about the only exception, in my opinion, that makes good products but mostly so in their professional detailing line-up.

Last edited by NastyStang113; 4/3/10 at 05:52 PM.
Old 4/4/10, 10:54 PM
GT Member

I bought this product and used it last weekend for the first time. The wheels stayed really clean although I never drove it in the rain. The car did get rained on yesterday in the driveway but the wheels looked just as good today as they did last weekend. After washing the car today and just washing the wheels with car wash soap the water did not sheet off the way it did yesterday although they did dry almost spot free. After I sprayed the wheels last weekend I also noticed that any tire shine I had on the tires where the Armor All ran down was completely removed. On that subject please let me know what you all are using on your tires (if anything).T he last stuff I used was TERRABLE and ended un slung all down the sides of the car even though I didn't drive my car till the next day.
Old 4/4/10, 11:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is what I use for any plastic/rubber on the exterior of the car (Fade2Black):

http://www.chemicalguys.com/SPRAY_DR...ir_spray_1.htm

The stuff is awesome!
Old 4/4/10, 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mdun6
On that subject please let me know what you all are using on your tires (if anything).T he last stuff I used was TERRABLE and ended un slung all down the sides of the car even though I didn't drive my car till the next day.
Meguiars Hyperdressing.
Old 4/5/10, 07:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm always appreciate it when a member posts something that I might or might not be interested in , IMO that's one of the things I like most about this forum , then I can decide for myself whether or not I am. As in this case I did picked up a can , but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how well it does or doesn't work , but for the price to me it was worth a try. So thanks from me anyway ...
Old 4/5/10, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey mdun6 Stoners Tire Shine is good stuff. Their glass cleaner is excellent also.

Last edited by 2006stang; 4/5/10 at 07:58 AM.
Old 4/5/10, 09:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I tried it out on my rims before my 1250mile trip from NJ to Fl and I'm pleased with the results. The rims still look clean and shine nicely. I did run mu finger across them and there is a fine coating of dirt but it might have been a lot worse if w/o the Armor All Protectant.

Also did 3 coats of Zaino and after swatting away the dead bugs off the bumper with a microfiber towel just had to hit it with a little detail spray and she looks just washed. Great stuff!
Old 4/6/10, 03:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mas35NYR
I tried it out on my rims before my 1250mile trip from NJ to Fl and I'm pleased with the results. The rims still look clean and shine nicely. I did run mu finger across them and there is a fine coating of dirt but it might have been a lot worse if w/o the Armor All Protectant.
Are your wheels chrome or polished? I'm really wanting to know how this stuff works on/affects chrome.
Old 4/6/10, 05:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

They are chrome dd bullitts from American Muscle.
Old 4/6/10, 05:42 AM
Cobra Member

Cool. Thanks.
Old 4/6/10, 07:55 AM

Cleaned my wheels and applied the armorall wheel protectant on saturday. I put on way too much, because it left a haze. But then I wiped/polished/rubbed away the haze and reapplied a reasonable amount (about 3 second spray per wheel).

Wheels still look great today, but it's only been a few days. I touched at some of the light brake dust, and it came off immediately on my finger, suggesting that if I sprayed the wheel down with water, that it would all come off immediately. (Also, guessing rain might clean them)

But rubbing with my finger also took off some of the protectant, so I'm guessing washing with soap & water would definately remove the protectant.

Also, the can says it lasts about a month, so I'm guessing this is something you would have to re-apply every time you wash your wheels.. but I think this might make it really trivial to wash your wheels (i.e., quick wipe down, instead of hard scrubbing to get all the brake dust specks out)
Old 4/7/10, 05:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Those of you who have used it did you do anything to keep it off the calipers and rotors ?
Old 4/7/10, 06:33 AM

I haven't used it yet, but I'll be removing my wheels to apply it, not only to eliminate the potential for overspray, but also to give the wheels a good cleaning and complete coating of protectant (inside and out).
Old 4/7/10, 08:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05YellowGT
Those of you who have used it did you do anything to keep it off the calipers and rotors ?
Nope, not at all. I figured whatever got on the rotor or caliper wouldn't stay long because of the pads and friction heat. So I didn't see a need to worry about it.
Old 4/16/10, 03:14 PM
Cobra Member

So this stuff is apparently safe (both physically and visually) to use on chrome wheels? I might have to try it out...
Old 4/19/10, 07:12 PM
Cobra Member

I bought some of this today at Advance Auto Parts. I washed my truck today and sprayed some on the driver's side wheels. In a few days, I'll compare the two sides. My Ranger has crazy brake dust on the front wheels. If this cuts it down by a decent amount, I'll be sold on it.
Old 4/24/10, 12:34 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by John H
I bought some of this today at Advance Auto Parts. I washed my truck today and sprayed some on the driver's side wheels. In a few days, I'll compare the two sides. My Ranger has crazy brake dust on the front wheels. If this cuts it down by a decent amount, I'll be sold on it.
So... how do you like this stuff?
Old 4/24/10, 02:14 PM
Cobra Member

So far, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the two sides. They both have a comparable amount of dirt and brake dust. I haven't put too many miles on it though since I applied the stuff. I'll really be able to tell this coming week since I'll be driving it almost all week to work.
Old 4/27/10, 05:44 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Skip this stuff guys. I also tried the Eagle One "Wheel Keep Clean" because I got some free, what a joke. If you want a quality product that you can apply and use sparingly with good results, spend the $20 and get yourself some Poorboy's Wheel Sealant. That container of it will last for a LONG time if you're only using it on your vehicles.

Whenever I rotate the tires on my vehicle, the wheels get a full scrub down, and I re-apply the PWS. Brake dust rinses off, and the wheels are much easier to clean and keep a shine on with the PWS applied. I was skeptical at first too, but after doing my research in detailing, it is worth it.

Quick Reply: Armor All Wheel Protectant!