Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

anohter NXT vs Zaino thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/05, 10:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes i know its been beat to death, but as I have two almost identical 05s i thought i would post pictures of them: one with Zaino and one with Meguires NXT:

before:

after:

ok so on the vinyl the black turned out better with Zaino
Old 7/6/05, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

heres some other shots
this is FOUR coats of Zaino:

and TWO coats of Meguires NXT:

Old 7/6/05, 11:06 AM
Cobra Member

I like the Meguires, it was easier to use, more convient to than having to order the Zaino online, and it was cheaper.
The NXT feels incredible, probably the same as Zaino.
Here is the picture that sealed the deal for me

further away, but as my son and i were outside talking i saw the reflection of the wheel and side emlem in the door my jaw dropped.
Old 7/6/05, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

You are driving me nuts.
Those look awesome.
I have been using the NXT. Just put coat # 5 on this past weekend.
I think it looks great. But all of the hype about the Zaino makes me want to go out and buy some.

I have never used anything like the NXT before. It goes on great and comes off with ease. The feel of the surface is like nothing else I've ever experienced. And the deep, rich look is not comparable to anything I've used.

Where did you get the fender badge? I was thinking of having those painted on mine.
Old 7/6/05, 11:19 AM
Cobra Member

i bought the fender badges, which are vinyl, from Mustangs Unlimited.
thanks for the compliment.
I would stick with the NXT, Zaino is great, but if you don multiple coats in one day, you have to mix the Z-2 with an accelator and I think the NXT went on and off easier the the Zaino.
Old 7/6/05, 11:44 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
They both rule..its up to personal preference.

I personally love how zaino works/looks...
Especially after 6 coats and Z6+Z8

And you don't NEED the accelerator on every coat.
Old 7/6/05, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with you Boomer. I have the exact same Zaino application on my car as you do. Here in AridZona we don't need to use the accelerator too often. I am 100% pleased with my Zaino, but again it's personal preference. Kev, you cars look great!
Old 7/6/05, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I like NXT better because it is cheaper, easier to get and easier to use. Whats not to like?? Your vinyl stripes wouldn't look good with NXT it is not NOT not for vinyl or rubber. I got a little on my black vinyl and now its white. It is hard to get it to look black anymore. Its good for paint but keep it off vinyl.
Old 7/6/05, 01:04 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the best comparison would to have done half the hood with zaino and the other with meguires. To say that zaino did a better job on the stripes isn't a great evaluation becauce the stripes are a different colour and the black stripes would show more "gloss effect" compared to the blue stripes regardless of the wax used.

By the way, they both look great.
Old 7/6/05, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by kevinv-6+July 6, 2005, 12:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kevinv-6 @ July 6, 2005, 12:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>yes i know its been beat to death, but as I have two almost identical 05s i thought i would post pictures of them: one with Zaino and one with Meguires
[/b]

Ok, more comparisons though! More comparisons!!

1. Time involved/ease of use
2. Price difference
3. (last but definitely not least) be sure to come back and let us know which finish lasted longer!!

Oh yeah, and your cars look gorgeous!

<!--QuoteBegin-jwenger
@July 6, 2005, 1:27 PM
Your vinyl stripes wouldn't look good with NXT it is not NOT not for vinyl or rubber. I got a little on my black vinyl and now its white. It is hard to get it to look black anymore. Its good for paint but keep it off vinyl.
[/quote]

Does it say on the product or something not to use NXT w/ vinyl? (I obviously haven't purchased any yet...) Just wondering why you said it's "not NOT not for vinyl." How long ago did this happen? Like, is it possible the "white" will fade as the wax breaks down? I hope it's not a chemical reaction or something awful. Most of all, for your sake, I hope it's not permanent!!!

Hey, Adrenalin, ever heard of anything like this happening before?
Old 7/6/05, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

On the NXT label it states the following:

KEEP OFF VINYL, RUBBER, and CLOTH SURFACES.

I have gotten bits of it on the trim and it seems to come off very easily with no discoloring.
Old 7/6/05, 02:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Anybody use that foam applicator that comes with the NXT? It seems like its a bit coarse. I've been using a chunk of good ol' 100% cotton made-in-USA white towel.

Just curious.
Old 7/6/05, 02:19 PM

Yikes!! Thanks for the info ponyboy66.

I was thinking of maybe going with the NXT... BUT, more importantly, I'll be vinyl striping my car. Guess my waxing options are a little more limited than I'd thought. Anyone know if any other products have similar warnings about using them on vinyl? Mother's? Zaino?
Old 7/6/05, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@July 6, 2005, 4:19 PM
Anybody use that foam applicator that comes with the NXT? It seems like its a bit coarse. I've been using a chunk of good ol' 100% cotton made-in-USA white towel.

Just curious.
It works perfectly.

I actually apply dabs of it in various places over my work area and take an orbital applicator to work it in. Remove it by hand with a micro figer towel. I have used the applicator to do horizontal surfaces that take direct sunlight, hood, roof, trunk lid. Those probably have about 10 coats on by now.
Old 7/6/05, 02:56 PM
Bullitt Member

They BOTH look fantastic Kev. It's hard to tell which one has the deeper shine.
Old 7/6/05, 03:20 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Originally posted by jwenger@July 6, 2005, 12:27 PM
I like NXT better because it is cheaper, easier to get and easier to use. Whats not to like?? Your vinyl stripes wouldn't look good with NXT it is not NOT not for vinyl or rubber. I got a little on my black vinyl and now its white. It is hard to get it to look black anymore. Its good for paint but keep it off vinyl.
Really, now there is a first. I always put wax over vinyl. Sure mine are Pearl white but there was not difference, other than shine, after I put NXT on them. Guess I'll have to test this out on my brothers truck.

Ah, I think you are talking about trim and not the stripes. Big difference. He is talking about the stripes on his car. Not the trim.
Old 7/6/05, 03:21 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Guys, when they are talking about vinyl, they are talking about trim. This has nothing to do with stripes on the car. Wax over them with no problems.
Old 7/6/05, 03:37 PM

Phew!!!
Old 7/6/05, 05:56 PM
V6 Member

Okay, this may be a silly question to those in the know, but I am going to wing it anyway.

The dealer put Perma-Plate Paintguard on my car and it has an awesome shine. My question is this.....If I decide to use NXT or Zaino, will I need to remove the Perma-Plate somehow or just wax over it?

[attachmentid=26598]

Should I even bother using another wax?

Any advice or thoughts is appreciated.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1528398
Old 7/6/05, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@July 6, 2005, 3:24 PM
Guys, when they are talking about vinyl, they are talking about trim. This has nothing to do with stripes on the car. Wax over them with no problems.
Agree, waxed my stripes with the NXT about a week ago and made them look even better. No streaking or turning white for me. And that's on an MG w/ black stripes. I say waxing the stripes only helps protect them more. Keeps them from fading and blends them into the rest of the car. At a carshow I was at last week, actually had to get people to put there face to it to convince them that the stripes on my car where vinyl and not paint.

Quick Reply: anohter NXT vs Zaino thread