Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

American Waxing Products

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/12, 03:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Waxing Products

Hello, all!
I've been looking at the forums for a while and it really helped me out as I waxed my Mustang for the first time this afternoon.

I'm an American, but I live in Japan and as far as I can tell, we don't have most of the wax products that are available in the States. For today's job, I used the popular Japanese wax, Soft99. I wasn't very impressed and I'm thinking about asking my brother to send me some good stuff from back home.

I have a black 2011 GT. I'd like to get a good, easy to use wax, a plastic cleaner and possibly a compound for scratches and clay bar.

There is good info spread all over the forum, but it would be really helpful to get some reccomendations here. I'd totally appreciate hearing what everybody uses on their black Stangs.

Thanks!
Old 5/20/12, 12:11 PM
V6 Member

Do they look at you're car funny? Or is there alot of fords out there
Old 5/20/12, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tommy d
Do they look at you're car funny? Or is there alot of fords out there
I see a few Ford Explorers once in a while, but Mustangs are pretty rare. Lots of people look, but younger people don't seem to know what is is most of the time.
Old 5/20/12, 04:33 PM

For a really good american wax .... Give Adams Polish a try..... I bought their stuff and was really impressed.
Old 5/22/12, 05:56 AM
Bullitt Member

I use Mothers or Meguiers clay bars. For polishes, swirl removal, & wax I use Poorboy's. Natty's Blue wax by Poorboy's is easy to apply/remove, & gives excellent depth & wetness. All available at www.autogeek.net.
Old 5/28/12, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mcate
I use Mothers or Meguiers clay bars. For polishes, swirl removal, & wax I use Poorboy's. Natty's Blue wax by Poorboy's is easy to apply/remove, & gives excellent depth & wetness. All available at www.autogeek.net.
Another Poorboy's user here. I give them a big thumbs up for sure. Easy on and off, and good results. I use White diamond glaze, then EX-P, then Nattys blue. And their QD+ after washes.
Attached Thumbnails American Waxing Products-photo-2-001_filtered.jpg