Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

2012 Black 5.0 with light scratches

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/12, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Black 5.0 with light scratches

Hey guys! i have a 2012 black mustang gt and ever since i got it, there have been swirl marks and slight scratches all over the car. It has been back and forth to the dealer trying to get them out, but it never seems to make a difference. I was just wondering if you guys could recommend any "black waxes" or scratch removal products that might be worth trying. I'm up to trying anything! Yes, i understand black is gonna show eveything and tough to keep clean, but im up for trying something new.
Old 10/16/12, 05:37 AM

Try hand glazing it then wax it again.. Should remove all swirls
Old 10/16/12, 06:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My dealers idiot savant prep crew put scratches in my car too. Complained to dealer. When we went to talk to the prep guys they were washing new cars with a **** brush on a long stick!! They tried to buff it out .. looked good for a week but you can still see them. I wash my car with vertical wipes. All of my scratche are horizontal from the dealership. I have yet to have a single vertical scratch and I use the two bucket wash method.

One of these days I will have a professional buff out the car .. The best way to get them out it with a high speed polisher and somebody that knows what they are doing. I'll take spider webs over Holograms any day!!!
Old 10/22/12, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by dmhines
My dealers idiot savant prep crew put scratches in my car too. Complained to dealer. When we went to talk to the prep guys they were washing new cars with a **** brush on a long stick!! They tried to buff it out .. looked good for a week but you can still see them. I wash my car with vertical wipes. All of my scratche are horizontal from the dealership. I have yet to have a single vertical scratch and I use the two bucket wash method.

One of these days I will have a professional buff out the car .. The best way to get them out it with a high speed polisher and somebody that knows what they are doing. I'll take spider webs over Holograms any day!!!
Yea, the idiots at the dealership do not know what they're doing. I believe I will just wait a little while and get it professionally done. It may not be cheap but will definitely be worth it!
Old 10/23/12, 09:06 AM
GT Member

this should work.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-733-a...isher-kit.aspx
Old 10/23/12, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by dmhines

You are verifying what I thought might happen at the dealership when I took delivery of my 2013 GT in April. I told the dealer to NOT wash it, and got that in writing. You should have seen the filthy thing when I went to pick it up, and if they had washed it with the one bucket method and the broom stick with a sock on it, it would be a mess. I can thank this forum for learning that awhile back.
Old 10/23/12, 09:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss2511

GO WITH THIS.

I have a 2011 black gt though i got mine used it only had 800 miles on it. And def had micro scratches all over. i figured they would put a bit of time into trying to make it look nice.

I bought the porter cable polisher and made a huge difference on my car. Took out all if not most of the tiny scratches.
Old 10/23/12, 10:25 AM
GT Member

I actually have the flex kit and it works really fast compared to the porter cable. It just cost 399 for that kit figured the porter cable is the cheapest option out there.

Autogeek.net also sells the porter cable as a kit with wolfgang or almost any other brand polish you want and they have different pads to choose from as well.
Old 10/23/12, 10:43 AM

Thanks for all the replys. I have been considering the Adams kit for quite some time now but recently have been told that there's a kit from autogeek that works just as well (I'll post the link below). Both kits have the porter cable. I read the Flex polisher is better but of course costs more haha. Just let me know what you think.

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/poca74pofcop.html
Old 10/23/12, 12:06 PM
GT Member

I can say that the adams kit works. it does take some time though. be sure to watch the junkman videos on the adams forum to see how its done. the adams videos on there site are edited to such that it looks like it takes three seconds.....expect to spend a weekend on the car if its really bad. but once you get it back to where it needs to be if you maintain it right you wont have to do it again for a really long time.

the kit you linked looks to be a good one as well. I have actually consider going to a ccs pad as the new gen 4 pads from adams tend to cake up badly for me.
Old 10/23/12, 12:08 PM
GT Member

I highly recommend getting this with the kit
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-743-a...ing-brush.aspx
autogeek sells it too.

adams discount code bliss gets you 5% off I think.