General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific
View Poll Results: Would You Watch the Knight Rider Series?
Yes! I'd TiVo it so I didn't miss a thing!
40.73%
I'd make an appointment to watch.
19.10%
I'd watch it if there was nothing else on.
25.84%
I'd rather watch C-SPAN.
14.33%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Would You Watch the Knight Rider Series?

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/08, 07:49 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Would You Watch the Knight Rider Series?

If NBC picked up Knight Rider, would you watch?
Old 3/6/08, 03:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd rather use my dewalt and drill holes in through my fingernails
Old 3/6/08, 03:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are people being serius about this poll??? i hope not. i rather watch reruns than watch this
Old 3/6/08, 04:12 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Id watch it, mostly for the car though
Old 3/6/08, 04:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
what stang man said!! Its a car show how could you not watch it.
Old 3/6/08, 09:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
what stang man said!! Its a car show how could you not watch it.
you serious ?

Im intrested to know the age of the guys that like this show. Im 25 and during the first 2 min i couldnt belive this was even on t.v . it's stu pid !!!!! watch the speed channel if you want to watch cars

the reason im asking for age is that i think the older crowd are the ones who like this stuff, guessing they passed there prime and think this is cool.

Last edited by touring; 3/6/08 at 09:03 PM.
Old 3/6/08, 09:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I thought the movie was really stupid and ridiculous. I voted "If nothing else was on," mainly because I'd be too lazy to drag myself off the couch at that point and would enjoy falling asleep to the sound of the car. Unless of course the terrible acting prevents me from doing so.

+1 on Speed Channel btw
Old 3/7/08, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
I have to agree on it being a little on the stupid side and unbelivable but compared to half the other stupid stuff on tv it has a car in it so it wins out. lol
Old 3/7/08, 06:24 AM
GT Member

I think I am only watching it to give support to the car. The acting and plot does not really interest me since it is already not to far from the original, but I gotta give my support to the KR in whatever role it may land.
Old 3/7/08, 09:20 AM
The Man... keeping you down.

Well I'm going to be devils advocate here and say that is sure beats the heck out of any other prime time reality show. Of course, I remember watching the original one when I was younger. As a child of the 80's I enjoyed Knight Rider, Airwolf, Miami Vice, The Highwayman, and Viper (even though it was more of a 90's show). Would I watch it if NBC picked it up? Sure, but I think they need to tone down the branding.

Now keep in mind that this is coming from someone who thinks they should have a cable channel that plays movies such as Delta Force and American Ninja 24/7. Kind of like Spike was before UFC.
Old 3/7/08, 04:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Sendero
Well I'm going to be devils advocate here and say that is sure beats the heck out of any other prime time reality show. Of course, I remember watching the original one when I was younger. As a child of the 80's I enjoyed Knight Rider, Airwolf, Miami Vice, The Highwayman, and Viper (even though it was more of a 90's show). Would I watch it if NBC picked it up? Sure, but I think they need to tone down the branding.

Now keep in mind that this is coming from someone who thinks they should have a cable channel that plays movies such as Delta Force and American Ninja 24/7. Kind of like Spike was before UFC.

AMERICAN NINJA!!!!!! Everytime i watch it i think what it would be like to try out in that. Wish it was in the states
Old 3/11/08, 01:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still need to watch it on my DVR!
Old 3/11/08, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm 27, so not one of the "older crowd" and I voted that I would make an appointment to watch. It doesn't appear to be the best thing ever, but the car alone made it worth watching.
Old 3/12/08, 06:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'd make a point to watch it. I like the branding but I'm a Mustang guy and a Ford guy. I realize for the show to have a broader appeal they have to tone it down. The 80's TV movie was a Pontiac/GM commercial. I will watch it for the car. I had complaints but it's a million times better then most of the "reality" crap out there.
Old 3/12/08, 07:17 AM
The Man... keeping you down.

Originally Posted by touring
AMERICAN NINJA!!!!!! Everytime i watch it i think what it would be like to try out in that. Wish it was in the states
You're thinking of Ninja Warrior and I'm talking about American Ninja. Nothing wrong with including Ninja Warrior on regular rotation.
Old 3/12/08, 07:28 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by touring
you serious ?

Im intrested to know the age of the guys that like this show. Im 25 and during the first 2 min i couldnt belive this was even on t.v . it's stu pid !!!!! watch the speed channel if you want to watch cars

the reason im asking for age is that i think the older crowd are the ones who like this stuff, guessing they passed there prime and think this is cool.
Ouch! I am 23 my self but thats a little disrespectful dont you think? I seen the show I thought the acting ranged from decent to horribly forced. I also am not much for the whole "angry 20 something has emotional scars and a wheres my Daddy complex" The car was awesome, but we knew that before. I think the show needs sometime to mature and possibly take a turn for the better. That being said I would still watch it if it came on and I happened to want to watch TV then. My father and my self like to watch reruns of of shows like Miami Vice, Gunsmoke, and other 70's and 80's shows. I liked the original Knight Rider, but there was something a little cooler about the original. Almost like the cheesy-ness is overlooked because in the 80's being a little corny and cliche' was part of what made it cool, you kind of forgive it because it came from a time when the standards were lower. Firday night on CBS is primarily when I watch TV, Ghost Whisperer (J.L. Hewitt is hot, but yes I actually like the show), Moonlight is one of favs (love vampires) and Numbers is awesome. Other then that I just watch movies.
Old 3/12/08, 09:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yes................it has potential!! I enjoyed the pilot!!
Old 3/12/08, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I still not seen it as yet, I would watch it as a TV series and when they needed ideas to make it work the writers would chime in on TMS for some !
Old 3/14/08, 02:41 PM
x21
Bullitt Member

You may forget how ridiculous the original serious was as well. A little older now, I watch the original KR saying "yeah right, like that would really happen"- but then again, its just tv. Even though I thought they should have stayed with a Trans Am as the "star" (because I never really paid much attention to the human counterparts) I actually enjoyed watching the Mustang. Although agreed with the branding- because I also call the pilot "The Ford & Shelby Mustang 2-hr commercial"
Old 3/14/08, 08:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The Dukes of Hazzard was ridiculous.....but I watched every night!!!!! Yee Haw!!

Quick Reply: Would You Watch the Knight Rider Series?