General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Worst thing you've bought for your car lately

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/14, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst thing you've bought for your car lately

I was cruising through Walmart the other day with the wife and kids. After wondering off to browse without the ball and chain attached to me, my son and I found ourselves in the car care aisle of the store. I grabbed a few of the cleaning items that I prefer and while I was looking I saw a microfiber drying cloth. This had the claim that it could dry the car without ringing the water out of it like a chamois cloth. I figured why not, picked it up and paid the $7 for it. A few days later I went out to do a little cleaning of my car. After it was all said and done I used the microfiber cloth and as advertised it went over the whole car with no ringing needed. I noticed that it did a little bit of streaking with the water, leaving extremely small lines of water. I used a second rag to give these a quick wipe and put the car back in the garage. The next morning when I went out to go to work it looked like all of the pollen and dust from up here was vacuumed into my garage and put onto my car. My theory (unproven of course) is that the microfiber that I had dried the car with had almost magnified my car and attracted an abnormal amount of dust to it. I won't be using this thing again, after giving it a quick wipe down with the same towel I had the issue again before breakfast. It made me wonder if anyone else had bought a bad product and wanted to share what issues they've had with it.
Old 8/17/14, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I bought Autozone microfiber and, while it may just be the synthetic fibers regardless, sometimes when I wipe down the car after a cleaning on dry days static build up is huge and I get whacked pretty hard by it on the steel panels.
Old 8/17/14, 08:28 AM
V6 Member

About 95% of everything in those "aisles" you speak of is horrible. Stick on air vents, stick on hood scoops, stick on chrome flames.....do ya see where I'm going haha.
Old 8/20/14, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Bought chrome billet looking door locks from pirate mfg. one screwed on properly, the other just slid right over the bolt without threading. Thot something was wrong with the bolt, so tried the first lock on it & it threaded fine. Complained to seller & they sent me another one-didnt it do the same thing but slide right over the bolt...grrr. Finally just gave up. Seller says he measured threads and all were same size. Funny, then why did one work properly on both door bolts, but the other 2 didnt...mmmm...lessons to ponder.
Old 8/24/14, 02:18 PM
V6 Member

Half of everything I buy nowadays seems to junk. I always keep receipts and original packaging for weeks because I wind up returning a lot of purchases.