General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific
View Poll Results: Who is the best candidate for Mustang owners?
Mitt Romney
9.43%
Mike Huckabee
11.32%
John McCain
30.19%
Rudy Guiliani
5.66%
John Edwards
5.66%
Barack Obama
13.21%
Hillary Clinton
3.77%
Other
20.75%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Who is the best candidate for Mustang owners?

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/08, 05:45 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 1/22/08, 05:50 PM
Cobra Member

Since I haven't heard any of them say "I will abolish the ridiculous SMOG testing practices in California" or "I will make sure each and every dealership treats mods and improvements that do not void warranties", I say "none of the above"

But, really, do you think what we drive has any bearing on who we would vote for?
Old 1/22/08, 05:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Me Myself now where can I pick up my new gas guzzler Shelby GT 500 ?
Old 1/22/08, 06:16 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think any of them are good. Ya know what's scary... with as bad of shape as the Republican party is in right now, they'll still probably end up winning the election because the Dems are going to end up nominating someone who's not electable nationally.
Oh well, it doesn't seem to matter too much anyways. One big party with two heads. Call them the Republocrats.
Old 1/22/08, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

So are you asking which candidate we think would own a mustang, or which candidate we would vote for cause we own a Mustang? The wording of the question is a bit ambiguous.
Old 1/22/08, 07:24 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I don't think any of them are good. Ya know what's scary... with as bad of shape as the Republican party is in right now, they'll still probably end up winning the election because the Dems are going to end up nominating someone who's not electable nationally.
Oh well, it doesn't seem to matter too much anyways. One big party with two heads. Call them the Republocrats.
werd!
Old 1/22/08, 07:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Exactly....... like last time when pretty much the whole country hated Bush over the war, and the Dems put up their best dude-Carey- and still lost.
Old 1/22/08, 07:36 PM
GT Member

what the heck does this have to do with mustangs? lol. somebody must have been bored to think this up.
Old 1/22/08, 07:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should put Monica Lewinsky in a mustang....she could blow by Clinton.
Old 1/22/08, 07:41 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
what the heck does this have to do with mustangs? lol. somebody must have been bored to think this up.
Eh, give him credit for asking what candidate would be best for Mustang owners.

It's that time of year, nothing wrong w/ one semi-political thread IMO, just as long as people keep respectful of everyone's point of view... that's the difficult part for some people.

Edit: None the less, I doubt this thread will be around for long, which is kind of a shame IMO.
Old 1/22/08, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Republocrats Oh that is such the truth!
Old 1/22/08, 08:06 PM
GT Member

I guess you could make the argument that the candidate that keeps fuel prices down would be the best president for the Mustang. That would include protecting out interests in oil producing countries as well as start drilling domestically, including Anwar, Alaska. This will inturn keep the fuel supply up and maintain less fuel restrictions in the future, keeping the Mustang alive, especially the V8. V8s are becoming endangered. We're seeing this in the 2010 Explorer. This would most likely become evident in a Republican candidate.
Old 1/22/08, 08:09 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by jeffgall
I guess you could make the argument that the candidate that keeps fuel prices down would be the best president for the Mustang. That would include protecting out interests in oil producing countries as well as start drilling domestically, including Anwar, Alaska. This will inturn keep the fuel supply up and maintain less fuel restrictions in the future, keeping the Mustang alive, especially the V8. V8s are becoming endangered. We're seeing this in the 2010 Explorer. This would most likely become evident in a Republican candidate.
True, but devil's advocate would point out that gas prices were under $2 when Pres Bush took office. Inflation hasn't gone up that much.
Old 1/22/08, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Current polling has every republican losing to either Hilary or Obama, with the only close race being a statistical tie between Obama and McCain.
Old 1/22/08, 09:06 PM
V6 Member

It comes down to this...

There WILL be a Democrat in office this time... End of story.
Check your history books kids.

President Barack Hussein Obama

Kinda scary eh?
The LEAST of my concerns are who is "Mustang Friendly" ......whatever that means.

Last edited by Okiewan; 12/12/14 at 09:51 AM.
Old 1/22/08, 09:12 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by jedikd
Current polling has every republican losing to either Hilary or Obama, with the only close race being a statistical tie between Obama and McCain.
And we've seen how accurate polls are recently. Not only in national elections, but in primaries and caucus'.

Another issue is that currently there are only 2 frontrunners w/ the dems, while 3 for reps. If the media were to focus on 2 republican candidates vs 3, people's perceptions would change.

One big question mark is what will Ron Paul's supporter's do. Will they stay w/ the Republican party, or jump ship and sail w/ the anti-war crowd. Nobody knows righ now.
Old 1/22/08, 09:26 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by Okiewan
It comes down to this...

Wager? And there has not been another situation like this in history, so I don't know what that's going to tell.
Let me be politically incorrect - History doesn't show any women or (1/2) black men being president. The fact is that there are still way too many racist people in this country, and that will influence their votes. I'm not going to break down into the specifics because it may end up getting offensive to some, and in today's world any time you mention race or sex, you end up having things twisted to imply you're either racist or sexist.

If you're referring to an election after a party's poll numbers, then that gets just as sketchy as the dem's approval ratings aren't so hot either. Most people are fed up with both parties.

And I'm not breaking this out separately to imply anything about you at all. But, this is kind of what I mean. When taking a poll, it's a lot easier for people to say 'Obama'. But when they're standing in a voting booth, and it looks like this:

FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

JOHN MCCAIN (R) ____

BARACK OBAMA (D) ____

Then people pause a moment. I think national security and 9/11 are still in a lot of people's minds, and voting for Barack Hussein Obama as President will cause difficulty for some.

We'll see, right now it's all just speculation and none of us have the facts. For anyone to claim otherwise would be pretty dumb.

Edit:
Anywho - back to presidents and Mustangs - Mustang One - Whoever gets elected - hopefully they have good taste in American automobiles.

Old 1/22/08, 10:15 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MUSTANGLOVER73
EXACTLY

lets move in to something else
Old 1/22/08, 10:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Polls are accurate if you know how to read them and where their weaknesses are. Obama WAS up in NH by 10% among people who had made up their mind, but lost because of the huge number of undecideds.
Old 1/22/08, 10:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

It comes down to this...

Kinda scary eh?

The LEAST of my concerns are who is "Mustang Friendly" ......whatever that means.
Yah...scary because someone's name has ANYTHING to do with how good of a president they are.

Quick Reply: Who is the best candidate for Mustang owners?