General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

well it was bound to happened

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/05, 11:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

well started out as any other day and parked my car in the street in front of my house. left it there and in my lunch breack i came back only to find out i got a parking ticket. not worried about paying the fine but just mad because i would have to drill holes now, which i dont wanna. im thinking of just mounting it with double sided tape and get it as a fix it ticket. also i've heard that those wannabe cops(parking patrols) can't give you a missing plates ticket if you aint in the car at the time. i know, i know, i know what u guys are thinking. not another front plates topic but oh well.
Old 6/4/05, 12:42 AM
GT Member

Jose, there are a couple of recent topics on a non-intrusive bracket fabrication, real easy, that you can use to get your ticket signed off without drilling. Search, man, search!
Old 6/4/05, 02:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Welcome to the Peoples Republic of Maryland. :bang:
Old 6/4/05, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

What I never understood is why are front plates important? When would anyone ever need to see it?

Friggin' law makers......
Old 6/4/05, 07:52 AM
GT Member

Move to a state that doesn't stink?
Old 6/4/05, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Rampant@June 4, 2005, 9:51 AM
What I never understood is why are front plates important? When would anyone ever need to see it?

Friggin' law makers......
1. Just another infraction to generate revenue for the State.

2. Another reason for a cop to stop you if he thinks your acting "suspicious."

3. It makes clocking you with a laser easier, as they have to hit a highly reflective surface like your headlights or license plate.
Old 6/4/05, 10:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

I have a front plate. It looks like this:

[attachmentid=23226]

Old 6/4/05, 11:24 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

initiative 908 in the state of washington is trying to remove the front plate requirement - I Hope it gets on the ballot.
Old 6/4/05, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Move to PA
Old 6/4/05, 06:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

You could always move to TN.
Old 6/4/05, 07:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by chevy_slayer@June 3, 2005, 11:39 PM
well started out as any other day and parked my car in the street in front of my house. left it there and in my lunch breack i came back only to find out i got a parking ticket. not worried about paying the fine but just mad because i would have to drill holes now, which i dont wanna. im thinking of just mounting it with double sided tape and get it as a fix it ticket. also i've heard that those wannabe cops(parking patrols) can't give you a missing plates ticket if you aint in the car at the time. i know, i know, i know what u guys are thinking. not another front plates topic but oh well.
Now was it a parking ticket or a ticket for no front plate ? go down to DMW report your plate missing like someone stole it and maybe the ticket can get waved. I guess that is lying now ?
Old 6/4/05, 07:59 PM
GTR Member

Conneticut doesnt make u have a front plate
Old 6/4/05, 11:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@June 4, 2005, 8:00 PM
Now was it a parking ticket or a ticket for no front plate ? go down to DMW report your plate missing like someone stole it and maybe the ticket can get waved. I guess that is lying now ?
it was a parking ticket and i guess im going to put the front plates this next week and get the ticket signed off
Old 6/5/05, 01:30 AM
Cobra Member

If you live in a state which requires a front plate, and CA is one, it's a whole better to put one on than to drive around and give Officer Friendly a reason to stop you at any time.
Old 6/5/05, 01:48 AM
Cobra R Member

They cannot give a ticket for No Front Plate if you're not driving the car (a.k.a. being in the car)......plain and simple.
Old 6/5/05, 05:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Move to Alberta no front plate required.
Old 6/5/05, 07:52 AM
GT Member

Cops Perspective

OK. I just drilled two holes in my front bumper and installed my front plates. It won't hurt the value of the car. If you live in a two plate State, then if you ever sell it the new owner will most likely appreciate it.

As far as the rationale is concerned, plates are not really there for any other reason other than identification. Plate numbers are there so that when bad guys do something, someone can possibly get the numbers so that cops can follow up and catch them. Two plates makes it easier to solve things like hit and runs, robberies, etc. And don't say that real bad guys don't have the plates on their cars because they do. Even if it's not the correct plate, they are clues. It is difficult for a cop in a one plate state to see a car coming head on, then try to read the rear plate in the rear mirror as it passes. It makes cops jobs easier. It makes it easier for clearance of many crimes. It also makes it more difficult for those that refuse to pay taxes and license fees. That is extremely common in Missouri. People don't ever license, inspect or renew their cars and just run on an old plate, steal expiration stickers, or one plate off a car. I just makes it easier for us to detect.

I know you all hate cops, but that is my chosen profession. We are not all our to be ***** and just jack with you, but this is a tool that makes our job a whole lot easier.
Old 6/5/05, 08:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by fleasome@June 5, 2005, 7:55 AM
I know you all hate cops, but that is my chosen profession. We are not all our to be ***** and just jack with you, but this is a tool that makes our job a whole lot easier.
Whoa! I don't think the notion that "we all" hate cops. The topic here is a law that many don't agree with nor see the need for. Obviously, there a difference of opinion.

Besides, out of all the cops out there...I'm sure there's at least one or two nice ones.
Old 6/5/05, 08:31 AM
GT Member

No! Admit it! You all hate us! And I'm not paranoid, wait, who said that.....
Old 6/5/05, 03:31 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I certainly dont hate cops, if I get pulled over - I most likely deserve it and I take my medicine. Your just doing your job far as I am concerned. How many of us have commented "Wheres a cop when you need one" when some Jack hiney pissed you off on the road?

I just really hate front license plates!

Quick Reply: well it was bound to happened