General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Types of Mustang Drivers and the "Wave"

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/13, 08:06 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,179 Likes on 1,626 Posts
Been passing a hottie in a GHIG GT and we've been waving to each other. I'm gonna have to put the moves on her! :-)
Old 7/26/13, 12:27 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Been passing a hottie in a GHIG GT and we've been waving to each other. I'm gonna have to put the moves on her! :-)
Just rev it a bit goin by her! Not too much, just enough to get her to play the game. Then youre in

*personal experience*
Old 8/4/13, 11:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jsimmons- I too am reliving my youth. I am 76, and have been modifying a 07 GT for about a year now. After over 50 years of motorcycling, my reflexes are not as sharp as in the past. Back in the day (50s) custom cars and hotrods were the thing. My wife said "get a life", so my attention turned to my youth. Will be making my second trip from here in New Mexico to Sturgis, South Dakota for the Sturgis Mustang Rally. Small rally, but good times.
Old 8/6/13, 03:59 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
And you mostly won't get it at a stop, because clutches and brakes require attention, it's not a great idea to be in neutral at a stop, after all. We do nod instead if we're actively lookin' at each other's heads in that case.
Absolutely the worst thing you can do is keep your bike in gear with the clutch in at a stoplight. With a hand clutch, it is way too easy to accidentally release it and going flying forward into the vehicle in front of you or the cross traffic of the intersection in front of you. Slippery hand, hand cramps, strong wind gust, slight bump, wiggly passenger, clutch cable slippage / failure all can launch you unexpectedly into harm's way.

Don't ever do it.
Old 8/8/13, 10:13 AM
Cobra Member

I ride motorcycles, drive a Jeep TJ & drive our 2 Mustangs. I'll flash some respect to owners of similar vehicles when I'm in the mood.

But to expect this wave and get all upset about it to the point of posting numerous threads about it online is not just a reflection on our society but amore a reflection of your own ability to handle rejection of random strangers not bonding with you over a common aspect of your lives.

Your ride choice may very well represent you and you lifestyle. Recognize that to others, a car is just a car. Make or model may be irrelevant; they just need to get to work.

If you really need to feel you're accepted as part of a group, join a local Mustang club and for crying out loud, stop worrying about every other person who just happens to drive the vehicle model but doesn't acknowledge your presence.
Old 8/8/13, 10:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
I ride motorcycles, drive a Jeep TJ & drive our 2 Mustangs. I'll flash some respect to owners of similar vehicles when I'm in the mood.

But to expect this wave and get all upset about it to the point of posting numerous threads about it online is not just a reflection on our society but amore a reflection of your own ability to handle rejection of random strangers not bonding with you over a common aspect of your lives.

Your ride choice may very well represent you and you lifestyle. Recognize that to others, a car is just a car. Make or model may be irrelevant; they just need to get to work.

If you really need to feel you're accepted as part of a group, join a local Mustang club and for crying out loud, stop worrying about every other person who just happens to drive the vehicle model but doesn't acknowledge your presence.
Well said
Old 8/8/13, 05:28 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow

Who said anyone was upset? I made an observation and decided to share it to gather opinions of others on the subject. Anything you derive from this thread beyond that are purely your own assumptions. What I question is your need to feel some sense of superiority through demeaning the conversation of others on an internet forum. Seeing you bring up rejection, maybe that is how you cope with your own rejection issues? Maybe being condescending to others makes you feel better about your own problems, which you are entitled to do its a free country. This is just my opinion, but why else would someone take the time to rehash points all ready made just with negative connotations?
Old 8/9/13, 06:47 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 950 Likes on 578 Posts
Originally Posted by DRaider90
Who said anyone was upset? I made an observation and decided to share it to gather opinions of others on the subject. Anything you derive from this thread beyond that are purely your own assumptions. What I question is your need to feel some sense of superiority through demeaning the conversation of others on an internet forum. Seeing you bring up rejection, maybe that is how you cope with your own rejection issues? Maybe being condescending to others makes you feel better about your own problems, which you are entitled to do its a free country. This is just my opinion, but why else would someone take the time to rehash points all ready made just with negative connotations?
I'm with ya. That UOP Shadow response was way over the top and unnecessary. This was a fun thread and I enjoyed it.
Old 8/9/13, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I wave only if:
- clean/undamaged car with tasteful mods
- V8, nothing against V6 but I dont even bother when I see one as if a person is a muscle car guy, he would of got a V8 without the compromise of " oh gas mileage, don't need all the power blah blah.." and its mostly young/midage women in my area and few older guys driving those. A V6 drivers are really hard to judge, I always wait for them to wave first.
-If you wave at me, even if your in a s**tbox I will wave back, who knows maybe the guy drives a 1969 boss on his free weekends.

I remember when I got my car, as it was probably one of the first 2013 rolling around in CT ( ordered like 1-4 days after order banks opened) Coming back from work I had an older gentlemen in a nice 2005 model pass on the opposite side of the street. He waved at me, but I had my **** WINDOW UP. by the time it opened the guy passed me... I kind of felt stupid not acknowledging his approval .

Last edited by =HYPERDRIVE=; 8/9/13 at 07:37 AM.
Old 8/9/13, 09:56 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,179 Likes on 1,626 Posts
I pretty much wave to all the Mustang owners. If they don't wave back it's no big deal to me! Only the Shelby bullies that don't wave back bother me to the point of crying myself to sleep!
Old 8/9/13, 10:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DRaider90

You got me, I'm that guy. I hate the Beatles too.

Based on your long-winded response, looks like you're that guy too. See ya at the next meeting.