General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Turbo Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/12, 09:57 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Charger?

right now I got a 11 Gt and I have seen super chargers, turbo chargers etc.. that bump up the horsepower from 412hp to 1000hp.

After installing something like a turbo charger wouldn't you have to upgrade all the other internal stuff as well to handle the extra huge amount of horsepower?

For example like a single Hellion turbo at (american muscle.com) which in the description says it will bump the hp up to 850 depending on tuning.

Just wondering what you would have to upgrade

Thanks!
Old 6/21/12, 09:29 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FIVE POINT OHH
right now I got a 11 Gt and I have seen super chargers, turbo chargers etc.. that bump up the horsepower from 412hp to 1000hp.

After installing something like a turbo charger wouldn't you have to upgrade all the other internal stuff as well to handle the extra huge amount of horsepower?

For example like a single Hellion turbo at (american muscle.com) which in the description says it will bump the hp up to 850 depending on tuning.

Just wondering what you would have to upgrade

Thanks!

FIVE POINT OHH,

Turbo Mustangs are always insane! I definitely think you should go turbo over a supercharger, mostly because it's less common.

Build up- stock internals for the 11-13 5.0L can safely put down about 550rwhp. In order to put down this much power you will need to upgrade your fuel pump or add a boost-a-pump, along with new injectors. Also, the factory clutch will be on borrowed time with this much power for sure!

If your goal is to really push the single tubro and put down 800+ rwhp, then you'll need to have the block built with forged internals. At 800rwhp, 93octane will be difficult to use as well. In this case you could use a Snow Performance Methanol injection kit, to keep the pump gas from pre-igniting. Again, it goes to the weakest link, which means your tranny is on borrowed time, then your rear diff/axles, etc.

When doing a large build like this you need to set some hp goals, along with a budget in mind. It's easy to get carried away! (I may be speaking from experience haha)

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. I love talking about extreme forced induction builds!

Shane
Old 6/21/12, 11:29 PM
V6 Member

Wow!! that sounds like that would be alot of work and also alot of fun lol.
I didn't know stock internals could handle up to 550hp.

What about if i did twin turbo's? I've seen this one guy put down 1000hp with his 11 GT.

When doing a large build like this you need to set some hp goals, along with a budget in mind. It's easy to get carried away! (I may be speaking from experience haha)
hahaha!!
I agree with this, so many options to choose from and so much power to get.
I'm thinking right now this is a future project for my 5.0. Like you said having the money to do this and how much power do I really want out of this car.

Thanks!!

another thing I have seen American muscle vids on youtube and am wondering about "project blackout" on your 5.0. when the next vid will be up. addicted to it lol
that 5.0 car you guys got looks amazing!!
Old 6/21/12, 11:31 PM
V6 Member

also how much money was spent on project blackout to look like that 5.0

Last edited by FIVE POINT OHH; 6/21/12 at 11:47 PM.