General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Is it time for me to cue up the old sad bastard music?

Old 12/24/14, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tman5293
I try not to be too stupid. I don't do drugs and I'm not a big drinker. I just enjoy fast cars like almost every other guy my age. Thanks for the words of wisdom guys. I'll try not to kill myself.

I for one am glad to hear from young guys these days who still like cars and especially cars like the Mustang instead of some overpriced and under powered torqueless wonder like the FR-S. So you're alright in my book Tman. We just want you to be careful out there. I've seen too many young guys get hurt and killed. Have a Merry Christmas bro.
Old 12/24/14, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well aren't you just special? The road must belong to you then. Did you pay for its construction? I drive fast too but only when I'm not endangering others. Based on your grammar and poor sentence structure I'm going to assume that you're about 16 or 17 years old. You sound just like me when I was that age. That kind of attitude towards driving only has two outcomes; prison or death. It took me four speeding tickets and 4 years of driving to understand that. How long is it going to take you?
Uh oh, Tman tellin it straight!

Hey, what part of Texas Tman? I spent a few years at a little place called Fort Hood.
Old 12/24/14, 03:28 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love it. Two young guys ready to go at the drop of a hat. Sound familiar to any of you other "more experienced" guys out there? To Everyone: Have a wonderful Christmas, and spend it with someone you care about.
Old 12/24/14, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe I'll end up like you guys some day but I don't see it happening any time soon. I'm just trying to make the most out of the time I've got. l
You will, Tman, barring any unforeseen disaster, and you'll be just fine with it. Enjoy your youth while you can, the strength and the energy and the good health; just keep your wits about you and you'll have plenty of good stories to tell your grandkids (and not too many scars to show them). Best of luck to ya.
Old 12/24/14, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3point7
Uh oh, Tman tellin it straight!

Hey, what part of Texas Tman? I spent a few years at a little place called Fort Hood.
I'm about 30 miles east of Dallas.

Originally Posted by Mickstang
You will, Tman, barring any unforeseen disaster, and you'll be just fine with it. Enjoy your youth while you can, the strength and the energy and the good health; just keep your wits about you and you'll have plenty of good stories to tell your grandkids (and not too many scars to show them). Best of luck to ya.
Thanks!

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a good one!
Old 12/25/14, 08:05 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys let's not turn this thread into a flame war, I don't want it locked
Old 12/25/14, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm about 30 miles east of Dallas.

Ah Dallas, home to my favorite football team. I'm hoping Romo doesn't choke on us in the playoffs.
Old 12/26/14, 11:07 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3point7
Ah Dallas, home to my favorite football team. I'm hoping Romo doesn't choke on us in the playoffs.
Wait till next year- The big D will have All day Peterson behind Romo in the backfield- THEN you guys got a shot. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion up here on da tundra the child whippers ain't allowed to play for a tree hugging, liberal state like Minnesnowtah.
Old 12/26/14, 11:11 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Earlsays
Alright, I might be looking for insight, I'm not sure. Let me start this off by saying, I am very, very VERY happy with my 2014 Mustang GT.

I have wanted a "premium GT" for at least 15 years. Definition being, Mustang GT, leather interior, nice factory stereo.

Now I have one. Finally. I am 32 years old, and now, I finally have my nice, fun, fast, stylish dream car.

Over the years, I have owned three separate 4.6 powered Thunderbirds, Two 96 birds, and one 95 bird. I loved those cars, and had various stages of modding done to all three over the years, from nearly stock, all the way up to WAY wild and over done.

This is my third Mustang. Ten years ago, I bought my first Mustang, it was a Competition Orange 2004 V6 with a manual transmission, and every option with the exception of leather.

My second Mustang was a 2013 V6 with a manual transmission and ZERO options.

I threw some mods at both of those Mustangs, none of which was never satisfying. Trying to go fast. Ultimately money and time wasted.

I had a 2013 F150 5.0 - I really liked that one, did some things to that one as well, but it wasn't satisfying, because I wanted a Mustang. Again though, all mods on this one = money wasted.

And Now, like I said earlier, I finally have one. A legitimate fast sports car.

But here's the thing...did I get old? I completely enjoy the car. I am grateful to have it, after all these years, and such a long journey to get to this point in life (and that statement reflects far more than anything related to cars)

I have no desire to drive really fast or crazy. I have a slight itch to change things, modifications, all that, but I am really basically fine with it stock, and that's a first for me. This is also a first where I got the car as close to how I wanted as possible.

So, I don't know...is this just a normal part of coming back to this world a bit older? Can anyone relate to what I am saying here? I'm not even entirely sure what the point is that I am trying to make, if any at all.

Anyway...any insight? Like I said, really happy with every aspect of the car.

You haven't changed, I'll bet. You will mod your car. I am 61 and the mod bug has not left me yet.
Old 12/26/14, 11:16 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
If that means crankin the blues, with some greasy slide, while pushing #901 on my favorite two lane twisties up the side of the Cascade mountains... count me in!!

http://www.charliehorse.com/Bullitt-Crater%20Lake.htm

Ah, I miss Oregon. I lived in Beaverton from 1991 until 1993. Beautiful place. Loved the ride along the Columbia and also down through Tillamook.