General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

The Story Of A Kill...

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/08, 05:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Story Of A Kill...

I do not condone racing on the roads and never make a habit of doing so, but I did have an encounter I couldn't refuse last night and thought I would share it with my Mustang friends. Leave the racing to the track.

Last night was just another quiet evening in the suburbs of Orange County; the roads were wide & open, and the absence of cars around us allowed me to appreciate the sound of my Mustang growling down the boulevard.

Finally, we arrived to a stop at a light that had just turned red as we slowly approached it. While waiting for the light to turn once more, we, Ashley (SuperAFick) & I, were entertaining ourselves with some good conversation about the movie we were on our way to attend. Unfortunately, our engaging little chat came to an end when I was rudely interrupted by the ear-shattering commotion which emitted from the exhaust of the vehicle beside me. This was not the traditional revving of the motor, this was a dreaded slow and steady climb from idle which finally peaked at redline. Yes, my attention was caught.

I slowly glanced over in order to assess my challenger only to find a spineless 90's Civic coupe driven by what appeared to be a recent DMV graduate and his 14 year old girlfriend, both readily waiting for the light to turn green with an audacious smile. I turned back to face the road shaking my head in disdain for I knew I was about to eviscerate all hope for him that night. I looked over at Ashley and apologized in advance for what I was about to do. I reached for the TCS OFF button and its glowing message ensured me that his little hard on was about to be deflated by the wrath this V8 would unleash upon him. First gear was locked in and the light turned green.

In that singular moment, the silence around us was shattered by shear power as we tore down the night road leaving our rival and his fast deflating unit far behind. What was once a Civic beside me was now an ever-diminishing dot in my rearview mirror. Victory. How I love thee. As fate would have it, the next light turned red again and once I came to a slow and controlled stop I revved my engine hard, feeling the car's body twisting from side to side each time, ensuring that he was put in his place. I'm sure my point was made as he refused to pull up next to me staying over 1/2 a car length behind. Green light once more, tires ignited, we vanished into the distance leaving them far behind.

The End.

Last edited by TheDarkKnight; 8/16/08 at 05:20 PM.
Old 8/16/08, 05:20 PM
Cobra Member

Street racing is bad

Great writing. You had me entertained. Hondas are like flies... I guess every once in a while you have to swat one
Old 8/16/08, 05:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superfly s197
Street racing is bad

Great writing. You had me entertained. Hondas are like flies... I guess every once in a while you have to swat one
What a great love story! I'm impressed with your writing skills Danny.

Last edited by Ray Man; 8/16/08 at 05:49 PM.
Old 8/16/08, 08:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Very cool. Street racing is wrong, but when you gotta kill a honda you gotta kill it.
Old 8/16/08, 08:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Street racing is bad

Ditto on your writing skills! Now go to the track and find some real competition

We love ya Dan just bust'in your chops!

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 8/16/08 at 08:59 PM.
Old 8/16/08, 09:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I think we should confiscate his car for street racing.
Old 8/16/08, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
or worse toss a manikin in front as he zips by ? theres an awakener ! Nicely worded , something worthy to pass down to the younglings.
Old 8/17/08, 06:35 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man
I don't consider it street "racing" if you don't have to go over the speed limit to blow the other car's doors off.
Just a good kill.
Old 8/17/08, 08:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
funny stuff you beat a honda civic
Old 8/17/08, 10:39 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
dude, sweet story
Old 8/17/08, 12:54 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Civic Syndrome, it's a disease effecting the younger population of America. This disease makes you think 130hp and front drive is the shiz, and that each sticker adds 10hp.

Old 8/17/08, 02:12 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
and that a "downforce producing" wing on the back help out traction on your front wheel drive car
Old 8/18/08, 11:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Nice story Dan!

Old 8/18/08, 11:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well written.
Old 8/18/08, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Street racing is bad

Originally Posted by habu
Very cool. Street racing is wrong, but when you gotta kill a honda you gotta kill it.
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Ditto on your writing skills! Now go to the track and find some real competition

Jed
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
or worse toss a manikin in front as he zips by ? theres an awakener ! Nicely worded , something worthy to pass down to the younglings.
Originally Posted by karman
I don't consider it street "racing" if you don't have to go over the speed limit to blow the other car's doors off.
Just a good kill.
Originally Posted by StangMahn
dude, sweet story
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Nice story Dan!
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Well written.
Thanks a lot you guys. I'm glad you enjoyed the read and appreciated the writing.

Last edited by TheDarkKnight; 8/18/08 at 01:43 PM.
Old 8/18/08, 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

I don't think you really needed to quote everyone
Old 8/18/08, 02:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Like this?
Old 8/18/08, 02:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Street racing is bad

Jed
Just a good kill.
Originally Posted by Glenn
dude, sweet story
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
Civic Syndrome, it's a disease effecting the younger population of America. This disease makes you think 130hp and front drive is the shiz, and that each sticker adds 10hp.

and that a "downforce producing" wing on the back help out traction on your front wheel drive car
Nice story Dan!

Well written.
Like this?
Nope... like this.
Old 8/18/08, 03:01 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX
I do not condone racing on the roads and never make a habit of doing so, but I did have an encounter I couldn't refuse last night and thought I would share it with my Mustang friends. Leave the racing to the track.

Last night was just another quiet evening in the suburbs of Orange County; the roads were wide & open, and the absence of cars around us allowed me to appreciate the sound of my Mustang growling down the boulevard.

Finally, we arrived to a stop at a light that had just turned red as we slowly approached it. While waiting for the light to turn once more, we, Ashley (SuperAFick) & I, were entertaining ourselves with some good conversation about the movie we were on our way to attend. Unfortunately, our engaging little chat came to an end when I was rudely interrupted by the ear-shattering commotion which emitted from the exhaust of the vehicle beside me. This was not the traditional revving of the motor, this was a dreaded slow and steady climb from idle which finally peaked at redline. Yes, my attention was caught.

I slowly glanced over in order to assess my challenger only to find a spineless 90's Civic coupe driven by what appeared to be a recent DMV graduate and his 14 year old girlfriend, both readily waiting for the light to turn green with an audacious smile. I turned back to face the road shaking my head in disdain for I knew I was about to eviscerate all hope for him that night. I looked over at Ashley and apologized in advance for what I was about to do. I reached for the TCS OFF button and its glowing message ensured me that his little hard on was about to be deflated by the wrath this V8 would unleash upon him. First gear was locked in and the light turned green.

In that singular moment, the silence around us was shattered by shear power as we tore down the night road leaving our rival and his fast deflating unit far behind. What was once a Civic beside me was now an ever-diminishing dot in my rearview mirror. Victory. How I love thee. As fate would have it, the next light turned red again and once I came to a slow and controlled stop I revved my engine hard, feeling the car's body twisting from side to side each time, ensuring that he was put in his place. I'm sure my point was made as he refused to pull up next to me staying over 1/2 a car length behind. Green light once more, tires ignited, we vanished into the distance leaving them far behind.

The End.
Street racing is bad

Jed
Just a good kill.
Originally Posted by Glenn
dude, sweet story
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210

Nice story Dan!

Well written.
Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX
Thanks a lot you guys. I'm glad you enjoyed the read and appreciated the writing.
Like this?
Nope... like this.
Yipee!
Old 8/18/08, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I wanted to make sure you all felt special.

See. It's working.

Quick Reply: The Story Of A Kill...