General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

starting problems, PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/13 | 11:48 PM

Unhappy starting problems, PLEASE HELP

i am tearing my hair out trying to figure out whats going on with my car
its a 2006 4.6L gt with a procharger, fully tuned and running an SCT tune.

it rained like crazy last night, the car has ran and started in the rain before just fine.
drove to work just fine, however when i went to lunch the problems began.

it started up, i backed up and stalled it trying not to peel out in the water.
i tried to start it back up and it died. will not start now. it kind of tries to, it just sits there and cranks over endlessly
slight smoking out back, however it is cold out, and it just smells like gas. is not tinted blue like oil burning. smells like unburned gas.

replaced the fuel filter, pump is pumping fine there is pressure at the fuel rail (at least i think its okay, it has pressure and is pumping. doesn't sound any different either)
all the coils seem to be okay, tested them with a meter and they all read when you turn it over. all the fuses and relays are okay
intake is clean.
there is no way in hell all 8 spark plugs went out at once i dont think
injectors say they are fine on the datastream taken on a genisys evo

it is throwing a AUDIO CONTROL code B1342 which says its a ecu, but that should be for the radio i would assume. there are no engine/pcm codes present.

i'm lost. HELP HELP HELP
theres probably more that i've missed but if you mention it and i tried it i'll know lol
Old 9/26/13 | 06:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

try rentering your tune?? Push the fuel pump reset switch just for good measure. Other than alls I can offer is good luck
Old 9/26/13 | 10:51 AM

i dont think it would be the tune, a tune doesnt just go away after working fine. someone told me the coil packs, since it did get wet. i tested them but i'm not sure what they should be at. they did how ever each jump in power when starting the vehicle. my buddy said he could hear the sparkplugs firing when i was starting it as well.

could one of the coils be bad and i just dont know it?
Old 9/26/13 | 11:40 AM
GT Member

Could be just a bad charge going through from batterie. I would red top the batterie keep you're radio off and see if that will start it....no stick huh?
Old 9/26/13 | 11:41 AM
GT Member

Re entering your tune could help too, but it seems to be more if a short some place.
Old 9/26/13 | 01:04 PM

well i'm getting ready to pull the plugs, maybe they are fouled. when i stalled it it tried to start a couple times but just died so my buddy and i are thinking its fouled them or they got gas on them. i've never actually changed the plugs, so i'm not sure whats in it, but if they're iridium i know that they are extremely sensitive to carbon build up and gas

it did this once before when i first had the procharger put on, but it started eventually. so maybe they've been foulded once from a slight flooding of the engine and this did them in. idk hopefully this fixes it. becuase it isn't even attempting to start up. cranks over like there's no tomorrow though lol just not igniting.
Old 9/26/13 | 01:08 PM
Post *****

Seems like I've read where some of the early S197's had issues with water leaking on the fuse box (or junction box) in the passenger well.

EDIT:
https://themustangsource.com/search....archid=4057113

http://www.francescos.de/documents/M...B/08-26-07.pdf

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...-mustangs.html

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/26/13 at 01:34 PM.
Old 9/26/13 | 09:58 PM

so i replaced the plugs and it started, however the air-fuel ratio gauge that was reading about 15 is now reading like 11-12??
Old 9/26/13 | 10:17 PM

there is a piece mounted to the fuel rail on the drivers side, is this my regulator?? it has an electrical connection and a vacuum line it looks like
Old 9/27/13 | 06:10 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by MrGeorgia
there is a piece mounted to the fuel rail on the drivers side, is this my regulator?? it has an electrical connection and a vacuum line it looks like
I believe its the fuel pressure sensor.
Old 9/27/13 | 07:38 PM

so where the heck is my regulator located at?