General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Repair under Ford warranty - 0% over 13 years.

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/14, 02:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slow.stang
yelp, cargurus, google, dealerrater, edmunds, all bad ratings. Worked for me...
Nah. Maybe I'm excessively patient, overly tolerant or just a pushover but I've already traded in two previous Fords with outstanding warranty repairs that I could not get successfully completed. Actually, I traded them in because I couldn't get them fixed under warranty. Yet here I am again, with two 2013 Fords trying to get warranty work successfully completed on both of them.

I've given up on Ford fixing the MT82 in my Boss 302. My Blowfish Racing bracket arrived yesterday and I'm confident that it will fix the issues I have with that car.
Old 9/14/14, 05:28 PM

Toyota Recalls..

Originally Posted by White2010
Having owned three Toyota's in the last few years I can assure you that you won't be any happier with their level of service. The reality is that in this day and and age large corporations just flat don't give a crap about you and large corporations based in other countries give less than a crap.
I have a Toyota which had two recalls 9 months ago, both safety issues. I was told that it would 'take a couple of months' to get the required parts. Now my service manager says that Toyota hasn't even started to manufacture the parts. I also own a brand new GM truck...brought in for warranty repair. Told it would take two days. GM no longer provides complimentary 'loaners', only for 'hybrid vehicles'. The dealer didn't have the parts for repair ready for installation. I had to leave the truck for over a week, having to pay for a rental car myself.
Old 9/23/14, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, part 1 of the plan is finished. They have replaced the switch in my truck. I can chalk up one successful warranty visit.

But it's two steps forward, one step back. I have a Ford service voucher that can only be redeemed at a Ford dealer so I talked to the service manager about installing Trackey and lower control arms on my Boss. I also mentioned that I had the Blowfish Racing shifter mount on the way and they offered to install it at the same time as the other items. I talked to him late last week and he said the parts were in and ready to go. We set up times to drop off the truck and when the truck was finished, I would pick up the truck and drop off the Boss on the same visit. I picked up the truck today and dropped off the Boss.

As it turns out, they didn't have Trackey ready to install and they didn't have the control arms there either. When the adviser gave me the service order to sign, I asked her why Trackey wasn't listed, just the Blowfish bracket and control arms. She said it's because the Trackey package wasn't there and they couldn't install it. I had to ask her "then why am I here?" The deal was that I waited until everything was ready to go and everything would be installed at the same time.

I work too early in the morning to drop my car off in the morning and take their shuttle to work. I have to drop it off after work the day before and catch a ride home. Assuming that they can get the control arms shipped in overnight and complete that task, it still means that I will have to drive there after work, pick up the keys and return later with my wife to pick up the car. Then I will have to repeat the process another time to have Trackey installed. It's a troublesome, time consuming process that I would rather avoid but I've had to do it so many times with this Boss that I'm not sure I can accurately count them any more.

There may be hope for an alternate solution. The hot mess known as my previous Ford dealer ordered Trackey with my VIN under some sketchy conditions last year but I never had it installed. It may still be sitting there. I mentioned that to the service manager today. He might be able to acquire the previous dealer's Trackey with my VIN and have it installed tomorrow as planned. I hope. I don't want to make another series of trips to the dealer.
Old 9/24/14, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Part two of the plan is progressing. I have the Blowfish shifter mount installed and it is a fantastic piece. I can finally shift the Boss without flinching after two years of delicately finding my way into second and third gears without causing damage.

The Ford Racing control arms with poly bushings are installed and they seem to have made a solid improvement in the Boss' handling. I've only been able to hit one left then right on ramp at speed but he's feeling much more stable and confident in the handling dept.

Now, I'm only waiting on Trackey to arrive. I think with the above mods, Trackey is going to be a heck of a lot more fun, especially with the restored use of second gear. Somehow, I don't think Trackey would be all that much fun if you couldn't use second gear, which is the only reason that I have delayed getting it for this long.