General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Real world Ford PremiumCARE experience review

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/13 | 10:05 PM
V6 Member

Thumbs up Real world Ford PremiumCARE experience review

Greetings brothers and ladies,

I just wanted to share my experience with my local dealer and the Ford PremiumCARE warranty plan.

Last Monday I brought in our 2009 GT 5sp vert for a few issues and it was a good time to change the oil too.

Issues:

* Chirp from front end over bumps at any speed
* Drivers lumbar blows fuses (at least 8 times on my watch)
* Passenger window rolls back down if you try to roll it up
* Terrible squeaking from vert passenger latch area

The stigma for a dealership usually sucks and I think a lot of folks head there expecting the worst... including myself. I feared being given a hard time and I was reluctant to purchase an extended warranty from the beginning. WOW, I was wrong.

2 days later I was called to say both ball joints and front struts were being replaced under warranty, the lumber motor would also be replaced, and they would look into the window issue even though it was replaced (with factory glass from 3rd party) a week prior due to a break in.

Today a courtesy ride picked me up and I was reunited with my love. BLOWN away how tight the front end feels. No vert latch squeaks and my lumbar works.

For those who do not plan on heavy mods a Ford ESP my be a valuable option. Technically the Mustang is my wife's wedding gift but let's get real... it's mine too. =)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
Old 11/13/13 | 06:58 AM
GT Member

Glad It worked out. I have had similar experiences with FORD ESP. I guess the bad news is you need the work done, the good news is that it was covered by the insurance.

Like lots of other insurances, your good if you don't need to use them, and your glad you have it if you do need it.
Old 11/13/13 | 07:03 AM
GT Member

The 7 year / 48000 for under 1K seemed like a no brainer to me. This car does not drive that much and it is covered until 2020. Easy. Done.
Old 11/13/13 | 02:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good to hear Jefe. I had the same experience with a previous vehicle. Drove it in, told them what was wrong, and they fixed it without question. Fifty bucks, and I was off. I have bought the ESP ever since. Eases my mind to know I have the car covered for 7 years.

BTW, I bought this car as an anniversary present for the Wifey. Like you the good part is I get to drive it too.

Last edited by wanted33; 11/13/13 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11/15/13 | 06:03 AM
GT Member

Please read the details. a seven year warranty means seven years from date of purchase. That means four extra years past the original factory 3, not seven above the original three.

Same goes for drive train warranty. its still seven years from purchase date of car.
Old 11/19/13 | 11:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by oldnjguy
Please read the details. a seven year warranty means seven years from date of purchase. That means four extra years past the original factory 3, not seven above the original three.

Same goes for drive train warranty. its still seven years from purchase date of car.
I know brother. When I said seven that was from the day the car hit the road. Thanks though.