General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

A question gentlemen.

Search this Thread

Old 8/3/06, 09:47 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tricky02GT

And why does your car run out of breath at 4500?
cos it has the crappy non-pi heads. power drops off completely at 4500......Scothew tried to warn me when I had a choice between a 95 5.0 or a 96 4.6, but I didn't listen
Old 8/5/06, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by poldrv
The girlfriend understands that the mustang is my hobby. Although she thinks sometimes I spend to much time detailing the mustang. But then I wash and wax her car too so she does not complain to much.
Yep, thats how I get around the situation.

Well she bought me the tuner ($409) and she got a ring ($1800) out of me and that was AFTER I got them to drop $600. Sometimes being a salesman helps certain situations.
She isnt complaining about the car anymore. I have taken her to work the last 4 days, please understand she has a fully functioning, newer car of her own. She wont admit it but I think she has fallen ill with stang fever. I hope so because I want more mods and dont want the complaints associated with them.
Old 8/6/06, 04:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My girlfriend makes fun of it, and then asks me to let her drive. I aksed her to turn it around one day while I was taking out the trash, and she was gone for half an hour!
Old 8/6/06, 06:20 PM
GT Member

When I got my new exhaust my husband asked me if I was going to get a tattoo next. He keeps telling my I will get tired of my car & I never do.
Old 8/7/06, 07:54 PM
GT Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
I had to get my husband into his own mustang- NOW he gets it.
Before he could not understand why I love the friggin car so much, or how I could spend hours washing her, or spend time here drooling over more of them.......Now he knows. Its a disease, and there is no cure.
Exactly!! To borrow a saying from Harley Owners "If I have to explain then you wouldn't understand". I've spent weekends & vacation time keeping my '05 shined, waxed, & looking nice and when someone asks me "what did you do over the weekend?" and I tell them I spent it doing such things they just give me that "deer in the headlights" look and go away shaking their heads...and when I ask them "When's the last time you got to spend time with a bunch of your closest friends & lots of classic Mustangs"? Then when the see the results of all that waxing and say "Holy CRAP!!" I get to tell them "you wouldn't understand"
Old 9/17/06, 09:38 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

I guess I'm lucky, my boyfriend is a Mustang guy through and through (he's the director of sales at a Ford dealership).

I know for myself, I could never date anyone that wasn't a car or motorcycle person - I hate having to explain it to people why I love them. People are always surprised that it's me who owns the car...but I normally just get compliments.

My family and friends don't question my obsessions, they understand and just know that's how I am. They even buy my Christmas and Birthday gifts for my car .

From a female perspective, perhaps if you GENUINELY included your wife or girlfriend into your Mustang-life, they might understand more. Instead of disappearing for a few hours and leaving them alone, maybe offer to teach them something about detailing or the car, and even if they say "oh, no thanks", insist, because girls are just like that (they say 'no thanks' when they really want you to insist).

If they can't drive stick, teach them!! And don't be **** or irritated when they grind gears or stall it. A couple hours of that won't kill your transmission...someone in your life was nice enough to donate a car for you to learn, so pay it forward! I learned on my boyfriends older Mustang ('99 GT w/lots of mods) and he never made me feel badly for stalling it or anything, he was really encouraging.

Also, DON'T be 'huffy' in your daily life like when they walk past the car. THEY KNOW YOU'RE OBSESSIVE and don't want them to scratch it. They don't need a constant reminder about it. Perhaps if you didn't remind them, and they actually put a little scratch in it, they'll REALLY learn that way, and it'll NEVER happen again. To me, that'd be a better way to fix the situation then years of tension.

Bottom line, women are sensitive and generally possesive/jealous when it comes to their man, either with other women, or inanimate objects like a car or TV! if anyone disagrees, they are just ignoring the obvious

good luck!
k

ps - i once dated someone where i had to explain what a V8 meant/was. it did not last long.
Old 9/17/06, 10:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kristina is cool

Many friends just don't understand my obsession

They'll always tell me "You'll never get a Mustang"

I'll love to see their look on their faces when my Stang can beat thier imports

Old 9/18/06, 06:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

She will come around, just be patient. My wife had a 390 AMX years back so she gets it. My biggest problem now is having to let her drive it now and then. We both enjoy the car and have been going to local car shows on the weekend. BTW - I took second place this weekend at a show sponsored by the SCMC (Cobra Club) in the 99-07 class.
The whole car hobby thing is surely more fun when you have someone to share it with.