General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Question about Winjet products

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/24, 10:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Question about Winjet products

So I'm thinking about replacing the stock tail lights on my 2015 with either smoked or clear. One of the brands I'm considering is Winjet but I don't know anything about them. Does anyone have any experience with them? How is the quality? While experience with the gen 6 Mustang tails would be great I'll take any info for any vehicle.
Old 2/11/24, 06:06 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,720 Posts
I've never heard of Winjet before... I would first do some background research on them, such as the BBB to determine if and how many negative reviews they may have... Also do a google search as well.... I would then find out how good their warranty policy is and most important, find out if they have a legitimate customer support phone number... If they only can be contacted by either e-mail or by live chat? This is a red flag they are more than likely not a very reputable company who operates somewhere overseas...

You could always look into Raxiom/American Muscle, as Raxiom also offers smoked taillight kits for the S550 Mustangs as well... Meanwhile, hope you find the info provided as useful...
Old 2/11/24, 06:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I've never heard of Winjet before... I would first do some background research on them, such as the BBB to determine if and how many negative reviews they may have... Also do a google search as well.... I would then find out how good their warranty policy is and most important, find out if they have a legitimate customer support phone number... If they only can be contacted by either e-mail or by live chat? This is a red flag they are more than likely not a very reputable company who operates somewhere overseas...

You could always look into Raxiom/American Muscle, as Raxiom also offers smoked taillight kits for the S550 Mustangs as well... Meanwhile, hope you find the info provided as useful...
Thanks for the input.

Winjet products (more than just lights) are carried by both American Muscle and LMR. They seem to have good customer reviews but I've been burned by that before, The only reasons I'm considering them are 1) they still sell lights in the original 2015-17 design (most others are 2018+ design) and 2) price. Morimoto sells original desgin lights but they are nearly twice the price. I'm going to keep researching as I'm not in any particular hurry.
Old 2/11/24, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by TomServo92
Thanks for the input.

Winjet products (more than just lights) are carried by both American Muscle and LMR. They seem to have good customer reviews but I've been burned by that before, The only reasons I'm considering them are 1) they still sell lights in the original 2015-17 design (most others are 2018+ design) and 2) price. Morimoto sells original desgin lights but they are nearly twice the price. I'm going to keep researching as I'm not in any particular hurry.
As long as they're both carried by American Muscle and LMR, I would therefore consider the Winjet products as legitimate... I would just want to make certain they back their products with a solid warranty in place... Otherwise, I think you're on the right track with doing more extensive research for additional peace of mind.
Old 2/11/24, 09:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

As long as they're both carried by American Muscle and LMR, I would therefore consider the Winjet products as legitimate... I would just want to make certain they back their products with a solid warranty in place... Otherwise, I think you're on the right track with doing more extensive research for additional peace of mind.
It drives my wife crazy about how much research I do before pulling the trigger on something. "Will you just do it! has been uttered many times in my house!
Old 2/11/24, 09:03 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,866 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Old 2/11/24, 09:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So I looked up their warranty info: 1 year from purchase.
Old 2/11/24, 11:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I know everyone has different tastes, but there's a couple of late 550s around here with the clear taillights. Just not for me, when I see them first thing I think is the original Fast and Furious movie cars.
Old 2/12/24, 06:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I know everyone has different tastes, but there's a couple of late 550s around here with the clear taillights. Just not for me, when I see them first thing I think is the original Fast and Furious movie cars.
Having seen them on the Euro / Aussie Mustangs, I like the way it looks. I considered smoked tails since I have a black car and would give it more of a monochrome look but I didn't like it when I saw it in person.
Old 2/12/24, 07:50 PM

It drives my wife crazy about how much research I do before pulling the trigger on something. "Will you just do it! has been uttered many times in my house!
When it comes to forking over $400.00 + of your hard-earned money, I will always do extensive background research on a company's product before making a such a financial commitment... I can certainly respect and understand your wife's stance, but once again, when it comes to my hard-earned money, I expect no less than the best quality made products for my car along with a reliable customer service department that values their customers with respect in both a courteous and professional manner.

So I looked up their warranty info: 1 year from purchase.
I believe Raxiom also has a similar 1-year warranty from purchase as well, so I suppose 1 year from purchase is acceptable... However, I would much rather prefer a 3-year warranty from purchase, but it is what it is.

I also am not very fond of the clear taillights either... For me personally, they just look too plain or washed out without any color to them... I much prefer the Gen 5 smoked taillights for the older 2005-09 S197 cars which are almost nearly identical to the OEM 2013-14 taillights.
Old 2/12/24, 08:33 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I also am not very fond of the clear taillights either... For me personally, they just look too plain or washed out without any color to them... I much prefer the Gen 5 smoked taillights for the older 2005-09 S197 cars which are almost nearly identical to the OEM 2013-14 taillights.
I liked the 13-14 factory taillights better than the ones on my new one. They're alright, but just not quite what I want in the design. I know they're more of a nod to 67, 8 and 9, but I liked the recessed look of 13-14. Kinda like my 70, compared to a 69.
Old 2/12/24, 09:45 PM

I liked the 13-14 factory taillights better than the ones on my new one. They're alright, but just not quite what I want in the design. I know they're more of a nod to 67, 8 and 9, but I liked the recessed look of 13-14. Kinda like my 70, compared to a 69.
The 67-68 taillights were my favorite because of their concave design, the "69" taillights were my second favorite followed by the recessed design of the 1970 taillights... The only reason Iam not fond of the S550 clear taillights is they look too plain and washed out without any color to them... If they however had a reddish/amber color to them, I would then purchase the Vector V2 taillight kit for my 2006 GT in a heartbeat... Being as Raxiom only offers the clear taillight option for the Vector V2 kit, I much prefer the look of the Gen 5 taillight kit which is nearly identical with the OEM 13-14 factory taillights...
Old 2/14/24, 08:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I found some negative comments about WInjet on another forum (pealing surfaces and moisture inside the lights). Since the choices for original 2015-2017 style tails is limited, I think I'm just going to hold onto my money to spend elsewhere. Thanks for all the input.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (2/14/24)
Old 2/14/24, 01:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I found some negative comments about WInjet on another forum (pealing surfaces and moisture inside the lights). Since the choices for original 2015-2017 style tails is limited, I think I'm just going to hold onto my money to spend elsewhere. Thanks for all the input.
You know, with all the technology and stuff we have now it sucks you can't get a decent product in a lot of things. Guess it's gotten to be so expensive to make a quality piece that people won't buy it because of what you have to charge.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (2/14/24)
Old 2/14/24, 08:08 PM

I've also read similar comments on the Raxiom taillights about surface peeling and moisture getting inside the housings as well... I suppose this is the main reason I've remained with my OEM taillights for so long... I did however purchase the sequential wiring harness upgrade kit for my OEM taillight housings from Classic Design Concepts well over 11 years ago and they still function flawlessly.... The only reason for continuing to have an interest towards upgrading to the Raxiom Gen 5 taillight kit is for the brighter LED technology, but until Raxiom addresses the surface peeling and moisture related issues, I'll just continue sticking with the current OEM taillight assemblies...

Meanwhile, I think you made the right decision by holding onto to your hard-earned money by sticking with your factory taillight assemblies.

You know, with all the technology and stuff we have now it sucks you can't get a decent product in a lot of things. Guess it's gotten to be so expensive to make a quality piece that people won't buy it because of what you have to charge.
Another reason it's so difficult to find a good quality product, is because the majority of automotive aftermarket products are outsourced and manufactured in either China or Taiwan... Heck you're looking at over $400.00 alone for those Raxiom taillight kits which are all manufactured in China which is totally outrageous IMHO!

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 2/14/24 at 08:12 PM.