Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Putting Brembo brakes on a 2013 GT with stock brakes

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/21 | 02:35 AM

Putting Brembo brakes on a 2013 GT with stock brakes

Hello everyone, first time posting on this forum.
I had a couple of questions that I could not find the answer for on Google.

I recently bought a set of take off Brembo calipers for my 2013 GT with stock brakes and wanted to know:

1. Will they fit with my stock 19 inch wheels? Picture below:

2. Do I need to upgrade my brake lines from the stock ones?

Thank you guys in advance for any help!
Old 5/24/21 | 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

1) probably not . . . but maybe . . . the spokes need to be out toward the edge of the wheels, looks like those are . . . are those really Ford OEM wheels? I don't remember any that looked like that, but there were lots of them and I don't remember all of them

2) No -- but braided stainless lines will help with pedal feel

3) You need rotors too -- assuming you got the 4-piston Brembos (like on the Brembo GT's) then you can get the standard 14" rotors that go with those brakes; Rock Auto has a few options, I like the premium coated Centric rotors as a good price/quality point.

EDIT: spelling correction . . . "braided" not "braides"

Last edited by Bert; 5/25/21 at 06:21 AM.
Old 5/24/21 | 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bert
1) probably not . . . but maybe . . . the spokes need to be out toward the edge of the wheels, looks like those are . . . are those really Ford OEM wheels? I don't remember any that looked like that, but there were lots of them and I don't remember all of them

2) No -- but braides stainless lines will help with pedal feel

3) You need rotors too -- assuming you got the 4-piston Brembos (like on the Brembo GT's) then you can get the standard 14" rotors that go with those brakes; Rock Auto has a few options, I like the premium coated Centric rotors as a good price/quality point.
Thanks for your reply! Yes, those are one of the rims offered on those years GTs. I was looking at some pad and rotor options from AmericanMuscle.
Old 5/24/21 | 02:47 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Originally Posted by Bert

2) No -- but braides stainless lines will help with pedal feel

Agree with Bert on all three points. There is only one stock V6/GT rim that fits over the Brembo brakes. I have a picture below. All other stock rims will not clear the brakes. All GT500 rims will clear though. I too did not remember the ones posted in the original post, but looked them up and sure enough those are stock, but no they won't clear the Brembo brakes.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 5/24/21 at 02:49 PM.