General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

A Prius killed my mustang.

Old 6/12/14, 09:29 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Sounds like this will be a happy ending! Great news... Best of luck with the new ride.
Old 6/12/14, 09:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Dennasty
Good news! The at fault drivers insurance looked at the damages and totaled the car out. Went to the ford dealership, and ive got a brand new 14 on its way and im even getting the car for 53 dollars less than what the insurance company is giving me for my totaled one Also, ive sent over the receipts for all my mods and the insurance company said they are going to work with me to get them all on the new one!
Awesome!!! I told you it would be totaled!!!
Old 6/12/14, 10:07 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good news!
The at fault drivers insurance looked at the damages and totaled the car out.
and ive got a brand new 14 on its way
A 14 Prius?

: jester :
Old 6/15/14, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now don't make fun of the Prius. I bought one for the 45mpg and it handles quite well. Blame the Driver. By the way I am giving my Prius to my wife and this week will be getting a 2014 v6 Ruby-Red Metallic Premium Manual 6 speed convertible with the pony package. I am almost 62 years old and am a defensive driver(you have to be in Florida). This a car that I wanted since I was 17. Oh yea I also have a 1998 Ford F-150 Fully restore. Some people should just be off the road.
Old 6/15/14, 11:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pguilmette
Now don't make fun of the Prius. I bought one for the 45mpg and it handles quite well...

By the way I am giving my Prius to my wife and this week will be getting a 2014 v6 Ruby-Red Metallic Premium Manual 6 speed convertible with the pony package.
Wait till she sees that. It's gonna be the the dog house for you!
Old 8/16/14, 08:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Tank Crushes Prius - Just The Fun:

Comes to mind
Old 8/16/14, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't just take the offending party's insurance adjuster's estimate (about the car being totalled). I was rear ended and the adjuster stated that my vehicle was $50 below the 'totalled' value (they said they would pay for everything). Being a young idiot, I took his advice. The back had to be replaced and the frame straightened. It never drove right after the 'repairs'.
Afterward my own insurance agent looked at my photos and said that the vehicle should have been totaled and replaced with a new vehicle (I only had 6 thousand miles on it!).

My advice: never agree to anything until you have had your own insurance agent look over everything and okayed the deal.
Old 8/16/14, 02:10 PM

Good news!
The at fault drivers insurance looked at the damages and totaled the car out.
Went to the ford dealership, and ive got a brand new 14 on its way and im even getting the car for 53 dollars less than what the insurance company is giving me for my totaled one
Well ... where are the pics of the new ride?
Old 8/16/14, 06:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
heck yea pics or it never happened
Old 8/16/14, 08:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Tank Crushes Prius - Just The Fun: http://youtu.be/nscmRHXYbwY

Comes to mind
Couldn't happen to a more deserving piece of ****.
Old 10/9/14, 11:15 AM
V6 Member

Talking new pics!

Ive had some time to get some work done to the replacement. Ive gone a few different routes this time in terms of styling, but I feel as if it is coming along nicely!
Attached Thumbnails A Prius killed my mustang.-image.jpg  
Old 10/9/14, 11:18 AM
V6 Member

another shot!

Rooftop photo session.
Attached Thumbnails A Prius killed my mustang.-image.jpg  
Old 10/9/14, 02:07 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice! I am happy it all worked out in the end.
Old 10/9/14, 02:34 PM
V6 Member

So today on my way to work, I hit some traffic, it was almost rush hour so it was expected. traffic on the highway came to a stop, I stop. and BOOM!!!!! my front end is in the back of a Dodge Ram Pickup truck.

A prius came from behind me doing what I am assuming highway speed, so about 65 and slams into the back of my 2014 and hurls me into the back end of the truck, the force was enough to push the truck into the prelude that was infront of him and cause some serious damage as well.

=[

Didn't notice until after the fact, but the first thing I did, before I even assessed my own well being was jump out the car to see how bad the damage was. After my stomach dropped after seeing the carnage the dang prius caused, I then went to check on everyone else who was involved.

I personally think the damage is pretty bad, but then again it is my car, so maybe you guys can take a look and let me know what you all think.

With this happening at about 5 PM on a Saturday insurance informed me I am going to be without a car until Monday, and I will also not know about the extent of the damages.

This is the first time I have been involved in something like this, so any input is appreciated.

Ive had this car for less than six months and have babied it since the day I got it. With this sort of accident with impact forces from both the front and the back I am worried about frame damage, and even if the insurance does get the car fixed, im sure that the car will no longer hold its value at all, and perhaps this will lead to problems down the road, which really scares me, with this car having less than 8k miles on it.

Ive been trying to think of all the outcomes of this, and if they do total the car, all of the investment into the car, are they a complete loss? Will I be able to retrieve the parts I put onto the car to put onto a replacement stang if this is the case? (i.e CAI, Salleen wheels, Viper alarm system, sound system, etc etc.)

Sounds like the loser in the Prius was texting... Anyway, I was in a similar accident a while back and ended up in someones trunk. No fault of my own till I found out that I had to pay for damages to the car in front of me. Yeah, I know what your thinking. It should have been the A hole in the Prius paying for everything! Hell no!! They told me that I MUST have my car under control at all times. So.. I ended up paying for damages for the car I ran into in front of me. Go figure...
Old 10/9/14, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedwagon
Sounds like the loser in the Prius was texting... Anyway, I was in a similar accident a while back and ended up in someones trunk. No fault of my own till I found out that I had to pay for damages to the car in front of me. Yeah, I know what your thinking. It should have been the A hole in the Prius paying for everything! Hell no!! They told me that I MUST have my car under control at all times. So.. I ended up paying for damages for the car I ran into in front of me. Go figure...
I once got "sandwiched" in a similar situation. When I was asked by the insurance investigator if I had my vehicle under control, my answer was "my foot was on the brake pedal, my vehicle was stopped. If the idiot in the truck behind me wasn't driving at Mach 1 and had his vehicle under control, he wouldn't have hit me in the rear and pushing my vehicle into the car stopped in front".

His reply to me was "I'll take that as a yes"...
Old 10/9/14, 02:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DaGonz

I once got "sandwiched" in a similar situation. When I was asked by the insurance investigator if I had my vehicle under control, my answer was "my foot was on the brake pedal, my vehicle was stopped. If the idiot in the truck behind me wasn't driving at Mach 1 and had his vehicle under control, he wouldn't have hit me in the rear and pushing my vehicle into the car stopped in front".

His reply to me was "I'll take that as a yes"...
Lol, exactly. You can't control your car beyond the limits of physics. (But we can try!)
Old 10/9/14, 04:32 PM
V6 Member

That is to bad man. At least no one was hurt. Glad that it all worked out for you. Looks good as new

Last edited by Brandon@fattysmotorsports; 10/9/14 at 04:40 PM.