General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/08, 12:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome pics. Can't wait to do it all over again next weekend. Jed bring the car down next Saturday.
Old 1/14/08, 06:52 AM
Cobra Member

We should change this thread to SoCal on the Run, like Tom said when you guys are here its total kaos and when your gone its quiet as a mouse.

Nice pics though, nice NAV unit George, how did you get by the speed error? I'm with Brian I've got both eyes on the NAV unit.

Like the tires Leo, the tread pattern is totally cool. Oh, whats up with the comment about Eli, geez some of us NY fans could take that totally wrong. HA

You know whats cool is everyone there has a unique Mustang, everytime I see Ray's I like it more and more! And Brian I like that blue demon of yours. Leo I'm not saying anything nice about your cool Mustang after your Eli comment JK Bill when you going to get wider tires, painted calipers and forced induction, geez oh geez get going pal. We got your butt-o-meter pal.

Oh and Leo I did get my grill inserts installed, they look great, Ford should have used this in there design or year over year improvements. The install took about 45 seconds as they snap in.

Oh and I did see the common theme in all the pictures I reviewed and that is there was a lot of morale support personal (Brian, Ray, Leo, Jed). And we have to put up with this again next weekend?...........................
Old 1/14/08, 07:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Can't wait to do it all over again next weekend. Jed bring the car down next Saturday.
This time it'll be Leo and Jed under the car workin' up a sweat!
(Seperate cars that is. )

I got to see Jed's painted rear axle yesterday, it looks great! I may have to do this mod myself if any more rust starts to accumulate on it.

Originally Posted by philster2003
We should change this thread to SoCal on the Run, like Tom said when you guys are here its total kaos and when your gone its quiet as a mouse.

... Bill when you going to get wider tires, painted calipers and forced induction, geez oh geez get going pal. We got your butt-o-meter pal.

Oh and Leo I did get my grill inserts installed, they look great, ...

... And we have to put up with this again next weekend?...........................
Hey, we can't help it if we have a strong presence here!

What's great is this is a cool bunch of guys on and off the Mustang playing field.

I may have some of those mods planned up my sleeve for 08.

Where's the grille insert pics?

... yes you do.
Old 1/14/08, 08:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Gett'in ready for MacWorld

I'm of to MacWorld this morning crusin up to SFO in the Highlander. Coverage of the event to follow, along with senic views of the Napa Valley. I won't do a Salt Flats run this time in the Highlander I need stuts & shocks all around Ray and I usually do this trip but I'll be flying solo this time next year Ray!

On deck for purchase after the show...

Buying a new Mac not sure if I'll go IMac or Tower. Ipod, Hopfully Apple increases the storage on this thing. I'm dropping Sprint and the Treo 700.

As I was gazing under the Roush last night I was thinking about ROUSH off road mufflers to replace the Flow's. Not 100% sold on this idea I'd like to hear them on a 427R before I do make that move. Might consider Magna Flow I need to hear some sound clips.

Jed
Old 1/14/08, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
I'm of to MacWorld this morning crusin up to SFO in the Highlander.
Have a great trip Jed!

Some Napa wine and clam chowder in a sourdough breadbowl sounds like a winning combo!

Bring back some Mac freebies too!
Old 1/14/08, 08:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Nice pics though, nice NAV unit George, how did you get by the speed error? I'm with Brian I've got both eyes on the NAV unit.

Like the tires Leo, the tread pattern is totally cool. Oh, whats up with the comment about Eli, geez some of us NY fans could take that totally wrong. HA

You know whats cool is everyone there has a unique Mustang, everytime I see Ray's I like it more and more! And Brian I like that blue demon of yours. Leo I'm not saying anything nice about your cool Mustang after your Eli comment JK Bill when you going to get wider tires, painted calipers and forced induction, geez oh geez get going pal. We got your butt-o-meter pal.

Oh and Leo I did get my grill inserts installed, they look great, Ford should have used this in there design or year over year improvements. The install took about 45 seconds as they snap in.

Oh and I did see the common theme in all the pictures I reviewed and that is there was a lot of morale support personal (Brian, Ray, Leo, Jed). And we have to put up with this again next weekend?...........................
Sorry I haven't liked Eli since the draft when he thought the name "Manning" entitled him to play for a team of his choice. If it helps though I rooted for them yesterday just as much as I did the Packers the day before.

If you guys start buying more mods you'll have something to talk about when were not around.
Old 1/14/08, 08:23 AM

Some Monday morning humor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRQK5G6yKvM

I could only stand it up to 1:20 and had to 'X' off of it, the Folgers can is what did it.
Old 1/14/08, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

If you guys start buying more mods you'll have something to talk about when were not around.
Yea, Yea, Yea, if I could win the lotto or find a job in the golden valley I might be able to afford some more mods. Oh and the big issue is paying for two college educations (at the same time) has been a huge drain on potential mod money. Some of you will soon be at that point and I can't wait for that
Old 1/14/08, 08:32 AM
Cobra Member

If your looking for Monday morning humor I had this sent to me and its kind of funny.

http://www.funnieststuff.net/viewmovie.php?id=657
Old 1/14/08, 08:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yea, Yea, Yea, if I could win the lotto or find a job in the golden valley I might be able to afford some more mods. Oh and the big issue is paying for two college educations (at the same time) has been a huge drain on potential mod money. Some of you will soon be at that point and I can't wait for that
Good thing I've got no kids.
Old 1/14/08, 09:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Quote:

Leo- Oh I think I've purchased plenty of mods lately...... I just talk about them mostly in the other parts of the forums. Maybe when you guys stop doing panhard braces and wheel spacers but instead graduate to blowers and bigger wheels etc., we'll talk more......

Phil, I hear ya.... I'm about at my mod limit. However there is a Vista blue with white stripes Shelby GT500 sitting on the dealership floor just minutes from my house...... It is very tempting.....
Old 1/14/08, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by tom281
Maybe when you guys stop doing panhard braces and wheel spacers but instead graduate to blowers and bigger wheels etc., we'll talk more......

Yeah, yeah, yeah... We have Jed representing us SoCal guys. Anyone up for a pi$$ing contest against him? (I thought so! )
Old 1/14/08, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Yeah, yeah, yeah... We have Jed representing us SoCal guys. Anyone up for a pi$$ing contest against him? (I thought so! )
Bring it on! Forum racing at it's finest!
Old 1/14/08, 10:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Quote:

Leo- Oh I think I've purchased plenty of mods lately...... I just talk about them mostly in the other parts of the forums. Maybe when you guys stop doing panhard braces and wheel spacers but instead graduate to blowers and bigger wheels etc., we'll talk more......

Phil, I hear ya.... I'm about at my mod limit. However there is a Vista blue with white stripes Shelby GT500 sitting on the dealership floor just minutes from my house...... It is very tempting.....
Ouch!
Old 1/14/08, 10:41 AM

Ouch!
Leo, George, Brian & Ray, let's go Whipple and sho these MidWesterners how we roll here in SoCal!
Old 1/14/08, 10:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo, George, Brian & Ray, let's go Whipple and sho these MidWesterners how we roll here in SoCal!
Wow your going to buy one for all of us? Thanks Bill.
Old 1/14/08, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey fellas, it's been awhile. Hope everyone has been doing well.

My Friday afternoon event. PICS

I was getting on the Interstate to go grab some lunch. The people on the On-Ramp came to a complete STOP.

So to avoid them, I saw an opening, accelerated, merged to the middle lane and the *** end came out from underneath it.

I controlled the car well enough to not hit anyone else on the Interstate but me and the retaining wall became real close friends.
Old 1/14/08, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ouch!
That's for those Cowgirl comments.....

Whipple Schmipple..... what good is torque at 3000rpm when us centri guys are shifting at 6500rpm? hahahahaha peace man I'm just kiddin'..... kind of.

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT

Oh man Daryl, I'm so sorry...... that sucks! Are you OK though?
Old 1/14/08, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh man Daryl, I'm so sorry...... that sucks! Are you OK though?
Yea I am fine. Sore in a couple spots, but it could have been so much worse.

Only my car was damaged and I was the only one in the car, so all in all, it's just a car and I can get it fixed or replaced.
(After 20yrs of driving my insurance actually has to pay something out.)LOL
Old 1/14/08, 11:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT

I was getting on the Interstate to go grab some lunch. The people on the On-Ramp came to a complete STOP.

So to avoid them, I saw an opening, accelerated, merged to the middle lane and the *** end came out from underneath it.

I controlled the car well enough to not hit anyone else on the Interstate but me and the retaining wall became real close friends.
I can't see the pics which is probably a good thing. Sorry hear about your accident. Hope your all right. So since I can't see the pics is it just some bumper damage or is one side of the car all messed up?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)