General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/07, 10:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill has the pic of it so I'm sure he'll post later.
A couple of 4.10 in action vids.

BTW-I think I got Bill in trouble with the warden. I probably won't be welcome back at Kevins anytime soon. We were working on the car from 9-5. Basically a full work day.
What a day, huh Leo!

Nice vids, looks like it was taken by a pro!
btw, I can attest, Leo's car is MUCH quicker off the line now.

Not in trouble, just went out for sushi this evening and took Amber home.

No prob on the help, and thanx for the In-N-Out, it hit the spot!

Here's some highlights...

Stock

Side-by-Side

BMR Relo-Bracket and LCA installed

Paperweight (Drivers side shown, Passenger side has one too, but looks a little different)

Old 11/10/07, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Thoughts? It doesn't look like the greatest thing in the world, but it doesn't look terrible, either.
I wouldn't mess with the cowl weatherstripping. There's enough open spaces around the engine bay (Hood cutout included) to expel any hot air.

If you have the Shaker shroud trimmed like me and Leo's (or intend to), having the duct attached to the rear of the scoop looks goofy IMO. The way we have it, sans the ductwork, cool ram air is directed into the engine bay, directing the hot air out (has to go somewhere ).

On a side note, got my custom engine bay placard today, it looks great! (sorry, no pic).
I'll post pics as soon as I mount it on my new MWAG radiator cover, which will be sometime next week.
Old 11/11/07, 12:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking great Leo!

Originally Posted by TacoBill
What a day, huh Leo!

Here's some highlights...

Paperweight (Drivers side shown, Passenger side has one too, but looks a little different)

What are those (for)?
Old 11/11/07, 12:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Especially if it isn't painted...
You caught me as I was editing my post.
Old 11/11/07, 07:14 AM
GTR Member

If you have the Shaker shroud trimmed like me and Leo's (or intend to), having the duct attached to the rear of the scoop looks goofy IMO. The way we have it, sans the ductwork, cool ram air is directed into the engine bay, directing the hot air out (has to go somewhere ).
It's not trimmed like you guys. I still like the cover since I'm not planning on painting my cam covers.

I already changed my mind about leaving the tube on. I might leave it on and cut it where the bathtub ends (where the tube is a rectangle).

Hope I get my radiator plaque soon, too!
Old 11/11/07, 07:45 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Gears fun factor: 10
4.10 gears have been put through the paces. All I can say is wow. It's right up there with intake and tune as far as mods go. I'm so glad I went 4.10. The cars pulls like a SOB and spins the tires through the 1-2 shift. Bill went for a ride along and I think he was impressed.

So as I'm sure you guys can tell I'm more than happy with my choice.

Also didn't help Ford decided to put these wierd support brackets on my car. Bill doesn't have them and niether does anyone who I've seen pics of LCA's. Needless to say the 10lb paperwieghts have been removed. (Please check your cars and let me know if you have these.) Bill has the pic of it so I'm sure he'll post later.

BTW-No noises or vibration as has been reported by others.

GMS A-arm support.- 5-6
Easy install. Car doesn't feel any more rigid so not sure if it made a difference. Eitherway it only cost me $30 so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.
I have no paperweights on my '06.
Where did you get the A-arm support for $30? I can get one cheaper than JR advertises but not $30.
Old 11/11/07, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Man
What are those for (paperweights)?
I have no idea. It makes no sense being there. It appears to be some sort of support to itself. Each block is solid and weighs around 5-7 lbs.

I have the same threaded boss on my axle, but it's circled with a marker (on both sides).

It's not trimmed like you guys. I still like the cover since I'm not planning on painting my cam covers.
After 5G's on a turbo, cut loose of a couple hundred for some FRPP camcovers. Now's the time to replace those fugly OEM covers since you have things apart.

Originally Posted by karman
Where did you get the A-arm support for $30? I can get one cheaper than JR advertises but not $30.
I think it was on a Group Buy from another Forum.
Old 11/11/07, 11:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

[quote=TacoBill;1043350]I have no idea. It makes no sense being there. It appears to be some sort of support to itself. Each block is solid and weighs around 5-7 lbs.

I have the same threaded boss on my axle, but it's circled with a marker (on both sides).

Did you leave them on or remove them and did the bolt have to be replaced?
Old 11/11/07, 04:44 PM

Ray Man: Did you leave them on or remove them and did the bolt have to be replaced?

The factory never installed those blocks on my axle. The bolt has one of those retaining clips (similiar to the ones that hold the rotors in place over the studs) and stays attached to the block.

Since I didn't have those blocks installed as well as most all others seen on the net, Leo decided to remove them. One other important reason was because the block on the Passenger side was prohibiting the relo-bracket from laying flush up against the axle mount.
Old 11/11/07, 06:07 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
I think the paperweights were for NVH purposes.
I don't think you guys care much about that.
Old 11/11/07, 06:26 PM
GTR Member

I think the paperweights were for NVH purposes.
I agree... I thought I typed it earlier, but I guess I didn't - they are a damper for something (and I guess it helps with Noise, Vibration, and Harshness, like Karman said).

By the way - mine doesn't have the paperweights, either.

Anybody else with a slush-o-matic wanna check?
Old 11/11/07, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have no paperweights on my '06.
I got it from GMS. They advertised it on special on ModFords. It was actually $15 but they charged $15 for shipping.

Ray Man: Did you leave them on or remove them and did the bolt have to be replaced?

The factory never installed those blocks on my axle. The bolt has one of those retaining clips (similiar to the ones that hold the rotors in place over the studs) and stays attached to the block.

Since I didn't have those blocks installed as well as most all others seen on the net, Leo decided to remove them. One other important reason was because the block on the Passenger side was prohibiting the relo-bracket from laying flush up against the axle mount.
Yup what he said.

I agree... I thought I typed it earlier, but I guess I didn't - they are a damper for something (and I guess it helps with Noise, Vibration, and Harshness, like Karman said).

By the way - mine doesn't have the paperweights, either.

Anybody else with a slush-o-matic wanna check?
If they are I sure as heck didn't notice any nvh yesterday on my 100+ mile trip back to SD.

So no one else has the paperwieghts?

PACKERS 8-1 after blowing out the Vikes.
Old 11/11/07, 07:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
PACKERS 8-1 after blowing out the Vikes.
And heading towards an NFC championship buttkick'in by my Cowboys!
Old 11/11/07, 07:27 PM
GTR Member

So no one else has the paperwieghts?
Someone with an auto has to check...
Old 11/11/07, 07:33 PM
GTR Member

I have a brand new one in a box from Granatelli, like Leo.

How much can you get one for? I can probably beat it!
Old 11/11/07, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

well Leo, sounds like the 4.10s were the way to go but dang it I was trying to hold off on any mods 'til next year.... now I'm looking again.

I'm really interested to see how the LCAs did as well. I couldn't hear a chirp 1st-2nd in the vid ?? did they stop that ? Also do they reduce the left-turn tendency of the car when there is no traction ??

BTW... rooting for the Pack all the way. once it was 27-zip they changed it to the eagles/skins game and I lost interest. Looks like the Seahawks aren't getting anything done this year
Old 11/11/07, 08:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
well Leo, sounds like the 4.10s were the way to go but dang it I was trying to hold off on any mods 'til next year.... now I'm looking again.

I'm really interested to see how the LCAs did as well. I couldn't hear a chirp 1st-2nd in the vid ?? did they stop that ? Also do they reduce the left-turn tendency of the car when there is no traction ??

BTW... rooting for the Pack all the way. once it was 27-zip they changed it to the eagles/skins game and I lost interest. Looks like the Seahawks aren't getting anything done this year
Don't wait buy now soon and often.

To tell you the truth I'm not sure how much of a difference they made since I never got to see how the car drove with them before the 4.10's. With that said I don't think I'd have anyhwere near the amount of traction I do know if it wasn't for the LCA's and Relos. Reason being I'd spin the tires launching without the lca/relos so with 4.10's I probably would've roasted them. I'm hoping I see atleast a tenth if not a couple tenths improvement when I go to the track in early december.

That's sucks that they cut away from the game. I have NFL Sunday ticket so I watched the whole thing. I can't wait for their games against detroit and dallas since those are the only winning teams left on their schedule. Playoffs are pretty much guranteed right now. It's just a matter of wether they'll be the #1 or #2 seed. I'm sure that will be decided by the winner of the Packer/Cowboy game.

Tom-I know your just upset because the Packers are really "Americas Team".
Old 11/11/07, 08:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Don't wait buy now soon and often.

To tell you the truth I'm not sure how much of a difference they made since I never got to see how the car drove with them before the 4.10's. With that said I don't think I'd have anyhwere near the amount of traction I do know if it wasn't for the LCA's and Relos. Reason being I'd spin the tires launching without the lca/relos so with 4.10's I probably would've roasted them. I'm hoping I see atleast a tenth if not a couple tenths improvement when I go to the track in early december.

That's sucks that they cut away from the game. I have NFL Sunday ticket so I watched the whole thing. I can't wait for their games against detroit and dallas since those are the only winning teams left on their schedule. Playoffs are pretty much guranteed right now. It's just a matter of wether they'll be the #1 or #2 seed. I'm sure that will be decided by the winner of the Packer/Cowboy game.

Depends on bills and X-Mas I'll probably get LCAs soon, still don't know about relo brackets, then 3.73s and a powerhouse D/S...

BTW... digging the painted spoiler. Looks great. Can't wait to see it Sunday.
Old 11/11/07, 08:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by habu
Depends on bills and X-Mas I'll probably get LCAs soon, still don't know about relo brackets, then 3.73s and a powerhouse D/S...

BTW... digging the painted spoiler. Looks great. Can't wait to see it Sunday.
If your going through the trouble of getting the LCA's you might as well get the relos. Your FRRP drop is equal or lower than mine so your LCA's are pointed in a downward slope towards the front of the car. You want to get them back to parellel or slighty angled back towards the rear.

Thanks. I'm so not looking foward to cleaning the car this Friday and Saturday. I may not even spray wax it.
Old 11/11/07, 08:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Funny you say that. The Gator basketball team was given an award for being "America's Team" today. I'm not sure why or how we got the title, but we received a fine glass trophy and they gave out wrist bands to all the fans.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)