General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/07, 06:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Lord... What happened yesterday? I'm blaming Phil! You guys need to get a job or something!

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Real men aren't afraid to get a little rain on the hood, just those SoCal Wussies. (Sweet got that reference in AGAIN. )

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Try not to vomit. New products from MossMustang.
Not only does it look bad... But stupid too! I mean who thought mixing the HIDs and standard fogs was a good idea?

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Fear not, I consulted with Boeing's finest Engineers and all have said that super glue is the perfect repair!
Glad I read that one AFTER I flew up here... Thats about like the 400 mph duct tape they used on a plane I flew once!

Originally Posted by philster2003
She is now married and sort of off my payroll.
Sort of?
Old 6/8/07, 07:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Oh I’m sure someone used to enjoy parking there but the early bird gets the parking spot
That's a wide parking spot, nice!

Hope no one with a sub-compact car (or a GT50%) tries to sqeeze in between your car and the curb. I'd probably park mine at a slight angle to deter anyone from trying it.

Originally Posted by pville piper
Not only does it look bad... But stupid too! I mean who thought mixing the HIDs and standard fogs was a good idea?

Glad I read that one AFTER I flew up here... Thats about like the 400 mph duct tape they used on a plane I flew once!
Hey! If the cost wasn't so darn high, I'd consider installing some Saleen HID's in mine. I rarely run with the fogs, so I wouldn't have that 'mismatch' problem.

And John, you're off by a 100 mph. That metallic tape is referred to as a 500 mph tape.
Old 6/8/07, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

Hey! If the cost wasn't so darn high, I'd consider installing some Saleen HID's in mine. I rarely run with the fogs, so I wouldn't have that 'mismatch' problem.
If I was to do the HID's which I recently did for the 06 Honda I'd use this vendor, the product has been top notch and the HID's work fantastic, plus the price is right! VVME
Old 6/8/07, 08:30 AM
Cobra Member

I have to post this picture of me when I was doing the MGW shifter. It makes me laugh when I look at it. If you look closely you will notice that I'm using Bill's How To exclusively and you can tell I have been turning the pages as I have gone along. I was cutting the dynamat at this particular moment. Well Bill pat yourself on the back for a well done “How Toâ€

Old 6/8/07, 08:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Ahh yes I remember that story. You took it as a slap in the face when Richard or one of his friends passed over your car while snapping pics at the Carlsbad meet.
yeah... it still stings.

Originally Posted by I have to post this picture of me when I was doing the MGW shifter. It makes me laugh when I look at it. If you look closely you will notice that I'm using [B
Bill's How To[/B] exclusively and you can tell I have been turning the pages as I have gone along. I was cutting the dynamat at this particular moment. Well Bill pat yourself on the back for a well done “How Toâ€
Bill's How-To's are top notch. It's how I did my Springs myself, after debating if I should do it myself way too much. Oh and that Parking spot, is the best I've seen. Very nice indeed.
Old 6/8/07, 08:46 AM

If I was to do the HID's which I recently did for the 06 Honda I'd use this vendor, the product has been top notch and the HID's work fantastic, plus the price is right! VVME
Interesting...

I have to post this picture of me when I was doing the MGW shifter. It makes me laugh when I look at it. If you look closely you will notice that I'm using Bill's How To exclusively and you can tell I have been turning the pages as I have gone along.
Too funny!

I've seen others post pics on various installs and you can see my post on their laptops in the garage. I see you went 'old school' and printed out the pages.
Old 6/8/07, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by habu
yeah... it still stings.
Ouch. That was a messed up deal.

My guess was that you were getting ready for the Ricky & Ronnie show coming up at the end of July.
Old 6/8/07, 08:58 AM
Cobra Member

Interesting...
Yes I've used this vendor on the 4Runner also and no issues 2 years running.

I've seen others post pics on various installs and you can see my post on their laptops in the garage. I see you went 'old school' and printed out the pages.
I debated on taking the laptop out to the garage but running back and forth to the house PC but in the end I decided "old school" like you said Bill and printed it out and just flipped the pages as I went along. What you don't see is I have a fan running in the garage to keep it somewhat cooler as it was like 92 out when I was doing this. That’s 92 with about 100% humidity, that’s H-Town
Old 6/8/07, 08:59 AM
Cobra Member

And John, you're off by a 100 mph. That metallic tape is referred to as a 500 mph tape.
Yeah... but I think the FAA speed limits your plane to 400 mph... Anyway, that is what the pilot called it when they used it to cover a broken landing light so we could fly to Atlanta.
Old 6/8/07, 09:05 AM
Cobra Member

I know some have had issues with HIDs melting the head light housing so I was wondering... Do the different light outputs (4300k vs 12000K) use more or less power or is this just a color thing?
Old 6/8/07, 09:09 AM

Yeah... but I think the FAA speed limits your plane to 400 mph... Anyway, that is what the pilot called it when they used it to cover a broken landing light so we could fly to Atlanta.
That's because your Pilot wasn't running a Bama Tune!
Old 6/8/07, 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

I know some have had issues with HIDs melting the head light housing so I was wondering... Do the different light outputs (4300k vs 12000K) use more or less power or is this just a color thing?
John I've actually done a bunch of research on this prior to installing these on the Honda and 4Runner and I can tell you the true HID's take less power (35W vs. 55W) and they actually run cooler then the halogen incandescent. I would be shocked if a head light housing were melting. I think that happens when you get those yo yo’s who decide to install a halogen incandescent 100W bulb, now those crank out the btu's and screw up housings and wiring harnesses.

I can't live without the HID's, I chose the 4300K color which is white (similar to OEM like BMW) and I found the cutoff pattern is similar to stock OEM lighting so I had no adjustments to do just in case I was blinding any on coming traffic.

Bright and white and so nice.
Old 6/8/07, 09:21 AM
Cobra Member

That's because your Pilot wasn't running a Bama Tune!
Well, it was Delta.
Old 6/8/07, 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

I think that happens when you get those yo yo’s who decide to install a halogen incandescent 100W bulb, now those crank out the btu's and screw up housings and wiring harnesses.
Maybe that is what I am thing of.

I can't live without the HID's, I chose the 4300K color which is white (similar to OEM like BMW) and I found the cutoff pattern is similar to stock OEM lighting so I had no adjustments to do just in case I was blinding any on coming traffic.

Bright and white and so nice.
Sounds good... and a good price too!
Old 6/8/07, 09:25 AM

I can't live without the HID's...
So, when will you be installing them in the GT?

I'll be looking for the write-up.
Old 6/8/07, 09:30 AM
Cobra Member

That may be my very next mod Bill, I'm laying low right now, you know the warden is all over my butt right now (thanks to you)

The good thing is the warden is off work for the summer beginning today (works at the high school) (she was already drinking red wine last night lol) so eventually she will mellow I hope?

A write up, you set the bar SO high, I just don’t know about that lol
Old 6/8/07, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Bill... Maybe Phil could arrange for you to do the documentation on it... Pay for your flight out and all... Time it to happen about the time the divorce papers get there...

Old 6/8/07, 09:35 AM
Cobra Member

Hey Bill... Maybe Phil could arrange for you to do the documentation on it... Pay for your flight out and all... Time it to happen about the time the divorce papers get there...

That’s funny John and about dead on with the divorce papers (now that was funny)

Yea I'll be paying for a flight out for ya Bill, the check is in the mail, keep a look out for it.................................. Right
Old 6/8/07, 09:54 AM
Cobra Member

Yea I'll be paying for a flight out for ya Bill, the check is in the mail, keep a look out for it.................................. Right
Bill, I think for the short term you should thoroughly soak any mail from Texas in water... Just to make sure it doesn't contain any unwanted pyrotechnic devices!
Old 6/8/07, 09:54 AM

Yeah, no way in hell Phil will be paying for my airfare, that's precious mod money that he could be spending elsewhere!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)