General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/07, 09:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Looks good. Any plans on lowering??
Thanks, and nope. My 2000 was lowered, and although it was nice and I enjoyed it, the S197 takes a lot more work, and rides too nice to mess with.

That's one of the reasons why I like the chin spoiler...it makes it look lower in the front. It has that nice sloping forward look now.
Old 3/15/07, 09:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Thanks, and nope. My 2000 was lowered, and although it was nice and I enjoyed it, the S197 takes a lot more work, and rides too nice to mess with.

That's one of the reasons why I like the chin spoiler...it makes it look lower in the front. It has that nice sloping forward look now.
I see...

Time for another SDMC bad dealership story. (Don't know which one but I'll make sure to add once I find out.)
Guy took his car in for an oil change yesterday...On the way back home low oil pressure light....Stops car,checks car,drain plug missing,oil gone. Dealership sent out a tow truck and he's now in the process of trying to get a whole new engine.

FYI-Only had 4,500 miles on the car.
Old 3/15/07, 09:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
... the S197... rides too nice to mess with.
That's exactly what Tom said.

Look what happened to him... Steeda Ultralites, baby!
Old 3/15/07, 09:33 AM
Cobra R Member

I see...

Time for another SDMC bad dealership story. (Don't know which one but I'll make sure to add once I find out.)
Guy took his car in for an oil change yesterday...On the way back home low oil pressure light....Stops car,checks car,drain plug missing,oil gone. Dealership sent out a tow truck and he's now in the process of trying to get a whole new engine.

Don't say that....I JUST (as in, 2 hours ago) got my oil changed by my local dealership [It's not worth it anymore to do it yourself...by the time you pay for oil and filter and dispose of it, you might as well pay the dealership the $27 to do it for you]
Old 3/15/07, 09:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Don't say that....I JUST (as in, 2 hours ago) got my oil changed by my local dealership [It's not worth it anymore to do it yourself...by the time you pay for oil and filter and dispose of it, you might as well pay the dealership the $27 to do it for you]
You better get under the car and check that drain plug.
Old 3/15/07, 09:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Hey Tom, you and I must be the outcasts, because nobody wished me a happy 1yr car birthday yesterday either

Leo-Not sold on the Moss items, I think I will stick to the black bezels they already had.

Bill-Does that mean we finally get a donut video
D'oh

Congrats on the 1yr B-day.

+1 on the for the Moss items, unless you're getting the deep pan for the auto.... didn't I see that Doug has that now or something. ?

+5 on the Donut Video... we're waiting Bill. You got the l33t video master skillz down so shoot it this weekend.
Old 3/15/07, 09:44 AM
GTR Member

Wow,Mike,I take my state for granted..Those yellow stickers and a front license plate...Thats overkill
Old 3/15/07, 09:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Wow,Mike,I take my state for granted..Those yellow stickers and a front license plate...Thats overkill
Well, I thought that Bill would like my license plate

Actually, I've gotten so used to it (I've lived here my entire life), that it isn't that bad to me...although it is better without it.

But, front license plates are good at blocking rock chips and other items in the road.

BTW, until two years ago, we also used to have to have our city's registration decal next to the inspection sticker. Take a look at this crap on the front of my old mustang (and, the decal color would change every year...sometimes green, blue, red, etc).

.......Bill, look, an exposed license plate. hehehe
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-2000-stang.jpg  
Old 3/15/07, 09:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks everybody.

My Baby Then
Attachment 21660

My Baby Now
Attachment 21661

Looks great Mike.
I agree with too much effort goes into lowering. Probably never get mine done.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-zainoagaincoat1005.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 3/15/07, 09:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

I see...

I.would.be.livid

I just did my 5K oil change. Was gonna take it to the dealer but decided against. I'll probably take it in to see if I can get a squeak fixed on the passenger side of the dash. Other than that, it's been absolutely problem free, knock on wood.

mike, You gotta pay to dispose of the oil out in ver-ginny ? (not that you're bs'ing just it's bs to pay). Even the enviro-nazies here in CA let us take it to a recycler, auto parts place, for free.
Old 3/15/07, 09:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by habu
mike, You gotta pay to dispose of the oil out in ver-ginny ? (not that you're bs'ing just it's bs to pay). Even the enviro-nazies here in CA let us take it to a recycler, auto parts place, for free.
I meant it in terms of dealing with putting it in your vehicle (or back of the truck), and transporting it to the local Advance/autozone/etc.

This wouldn't look too pretty in the trunk of a car (NOT the mustang, obviously, but my daily driver).
Old 3/15/07, 09:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks everybody.

My Baby Then
Attachment 21660

My Baby Now
Attachment 21661

Looks great Mike.
Looks like a completly different car. **I just remembered it's Brian who has the mirror covers.**
Old 3/15/07, 10:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Here's my video project I was working on yesterday. First time using Sony Vegas 7; I was totally lost! Took me like 4+ hours just to construct this (less than) 3 minute video.

Yeah, I know.. I re-hashed alot of my previous videos and pics, but it's cool to see again!

YouTube link
Old 3/15/07, 10:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cool
Makes me want to go out and drive my car.
Old 3/15/07, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Hi y'all. Bill - thanks for the video. I replied to your email and rated the video on YouTube (5).

Just breezing by. Two little mustang-related items:

1 - 2 Sundays ago, I took Katie to the high school parking lot to teach her to drive a stick. She did ok. She was quite overwhelmed. We spent 30 minutes and never got out of 1st gear. I was a little nervous at times b/c she had to look at the shifter **** to put it in 1st or reverse and she would have her foot on the clutch but no brakes. So in the hill country, we're rolling all around the parking lot! Next time I am going to practice two things with her. 1 - practice her reflexes on hitting the brake pedal when I SCREAM "Brake!". 2 - practice shifting without looking down. I guess we all just know the feel of shifting, but she's a complete newbie. She did alright though. 90lbs and 5 feet tall, she had the seat all the way forward and way up high. It was pretty funny to see. Next time, I'll try to remember my camera and video.

2 - In the elevator last night, one of my employees (punk 20-year-old staff accountant) asked me "didn't you see me the other night on 360 on the way home when you had your top down? There was no way I was gonna let a girl beat me, but you just wouldn't slow down. Finally I lost you." I told him I'm always in the zone when driving. I really don't pay much attention to what's around me. I just enjoy driving my car. I guess I was fast, huh?

anyway, hope all of y'all are doing well. I am staying buried with work. Took Katie to Chili Peppers last week in San Antonio - which was a blast. This weekend is Memphis for grandma's 90th. In 2 weeks, Supercross in Dallas. Busy season ends 4/15. Not a day too soon....
Old 3/15/07, 03:32 PM
GTR Member

and nope. My 2000 was lowered, and although it was nice and I enjoyed it, the S197 takes a lot more work, and rides too nice to mess with.
It's a piece of cake. Actually easier than a 2000 with the strut assemblies coming out and you can change the front springs off the car. Rear is just like the old cars (except with a convertible, you have to remove the braces to lower the rear axle enough to remove the springs). And the Ultra Lites are as close to a stock ride as you'll ever get.

Great video Bill!

Happy Birthday, Daryl's car!

------------------------------------

I just turned 10,000 miles on the way to work this morning. I was stopped at a light and took a picture with my cell phone. Then I just took a picture of my cell phone with my camera. Turned out pretty good (got a date stamp, too):

Attachment 21695
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn5271.jpg  
Old 3/15/07, 03:36 PM
GTR Member

[It's not worth it anymore to do it yourself...by the time you pay for oil and filter and dispose of it, you might as well pay the dealership the $27 to do it for you]
I would never let a dealership touch my car for an oil change. And it only costs $38 for 5W-20 Mobil 1 oil and a Mobil 1 oil filter.

Originally Posted by habu
I just dump it in a hole in the backyard. Kidding! I give to my friend who works at a Dodge dealership and he takes care of it.
Old 3/15/07, 04:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The most work I've done in a while.

Well I got my Louvers today at around 10. They arrived in great shape. Only one minor problem which is that one of the louvers had a couple of fish eyes. With that said they aren't to obvious especially in direct sunlight. The biggest PITA was removing all the 3M tape. It took me about 3-4 hours to get it all off. Heck I had to go to the local Kragens and get some 3M adhesive remover because finger nails and goo-gone weren't cutting it. (Thanks for the advice Bill. That plastic scraper thingy you gave me was just the right size.) Once I got it all off I sanded the area as per CDC directions. After that I polished and waxed them. Fast foward 5 hours and here's a test fit I did using putty to keep the louvers in place.

Full gallery (Several angles including interior pics from drivers perspective.) FYI-Bill visibilty is just like your louvers.

So what do you guys think??I won't give my opinion till later so I don't sway the vote in anyway.
Old 3/15/07, 04:52 PM
Cobra Member

Wow those look familiar ;-)

They look great and your car sure is shining! I'm detailing mine tomorrow, whole 9 yards. I'll post some pics this weekend showing Rex in all his glory!

Leo, you're gonna love those, and they draw a lot of attention!

-danny
Old 3/15/07, 04:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
Wow those look familiar ;-)

They look great and your car sure is shining! I'm detailing mine tomorrow, whole 9 yards. I'll post some pics this weekend showing Rex in all his glory!

Leo, you're gonna love those, and they draw a lot of attention!

-danny
Thank you for the great deal.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)