General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/06, 06:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
So it was not a contest of speed and acceleration?
Guess it was just a mutual 'hand holding' run together.
:gay: Bill called it right!
Old 11/8/06, 07:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Found a new mod for you guys.
http://www.2005stang.com/viewtopic.php?t=3751

Looks like I'm SOL since my car is black and the Silver color they offer doesn't match the IUP.
Looks interesting, but I like my interior as 'black' as possible.

Nice find though.
Old 11/8/06, 07:48 AM
GTR Member

I don't think it would work too good on mine, either.

Attachment 13473
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4209.jpg  
Old 11/8/06, 12:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hmmm...I guess that Daryl maybe the only one that can use the new mod.
----------------------------------
Gears of War review

I played the game for about two hours last night after picking it up at the local gamestop at 10pm. So far I'm impressed with the games graphics as well as gameplay. The controls are pretty simple and only take a few minutes to learn. Some people will say it's pretty much Halo with better graphics and different characters but, I think the gameplay is way different as you can't just run and gun your way through the game like you can in Halo. I don't know why it's rated mature as I don't see very much gore even though there is some minor cursing. The game also offers a co-op mode on/offline which I've yet to try. Although I'm sure going online or just co-op with a friend will only add to the fun. I'm sure this game will be number one for all the online gamers even if only untill the release of Halo3 next year.
Old 11/8/06, 01:06 PM

Gears of War review...
Do you have the 360?
Old 11/8/06, 01:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Do you have the 360?
Duh! Yes I do I got it last year while out in Iraq. Can you believe that they actually reserved several hundred units for the bases that have stores out there? This was during the launch of the 360 not months later.
Old 11/8/06, 01:17 PM
GTR Member

CAUTION! CAUTION! THE Z-10 IS GOING IN THE TRASH.

I started conditioning my driver's seat today and it was turning my white towel red. I used it before without any problems, but now it's taking out the dye. It says it won't do that, but it did!

I tried the Z-16 on the passenger seat and it took out no dye at all, so I used that on everything. It says it's good for vinyl (most of the front seats and all of the rear seats are vinyl). Plus it has sun protection like the Z-10. The seats look great - a lot of dirt came out from being exposed to dust with the top down.

Just be careful when using the Z-10, but it may just be a red dye thing. I might give the bottle to a guy at work. He has an Infinity and ALL the front seats and ALL the back seats are leather.

I called Zaino to tell them about the problem and to ask about the Z-16 on the seats. They are out all day at a car show, but I pressed "1" to forward a message to their cell phone. I'll post what I find out.
Old 11/8/06, 01:39 PM

Duh! Yes I do I got it last year while out in Iraq. Can you believe that they actually reserved several hundred units for the bases that have stores out there? This was during the launch of the 360 not months later.
It's the very, very, very least thing Microsoft can do for Armed Forces deployed over there.

If you're on Live, maybe Chris will have a match with you (if you both have the same game). Let me warn you.. he's pretty good!

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
CAUTION! CAUTION! THE Z-10 IS GOING IN THE TRASH.
What???!!! Now you tell me!

Red dye, black dye, what's the difference? Anything that's not the natural color of leather is dyed.

Crap. Good thing I ordered more Z-16. I won't even try the Z-10 until I hear what Sal tells you.
Old 11/8/06, 01:46 PM
GTR Member

What???!!! Now you tell me!

Red dye, black dye, what's the difference? Anything that's not the natural color of leather is dyed.

Crap. Good thing I ordered more Z-16. I won't even try the Z-10 until I hear what Sal tells you.
I was just as surprised - lucky it doesn't really change the color if some of the dye comes off. I'll pass on any info ASAP.

Maybe the leather gets softer in the sun and allows the dye to come off. I have no idea...

I hope they say the Z-16 is okay for continued use - the seats have never looked so good. Now they have a nice deep, rich luster to them:

Attachment 13490

The white spot on the driver's seat is where the dye came off. Just kidding - that's just a glare.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-dscn4281.jpg  
Old 11/8/06, 03:07 PM

I hope they say the Z-16 is okay for continued use - the seats have never looked so good. Now they have a nice deep, rich luster to them.
I already used the Z-16 on my entire back seating area as well as the rear section of the front seats. I did this a few months back. The only thing on my rag was just some dust/dirt, very minor. No black dye of any kind transferred off.

Front seating surfaces have nothing on them.

I also use the Z-16 on all the interior plastic trim pieces, top dash pad, door panels and speaker grilles, and center arm rest assembly. All looks good.
Old 11/8/06, 03:10 PM
GTR Member

I already used the Z-16 on my entire back seating area as well as the rear section of the front seats. I did this a few months back. The only thing on my rag was just some dust/dirt, very minor. No black dye of any kind transferred off.
Yep, nothing came off but dust/dirt when I used the Z-16 (except a little more red when I went over the area that I used the Z-10 on - that's how much it softened up the dye).
Old 11/8/06, 03:27 PM

... (except a little more red when I went over the area that I used the Z-10 on - that's how much it softened up the dye).
Too wierd...

I wonder if the Z-10 is alkaline free or ph balanced? We need a MSDS to find the pH value (neutral is 7.0 right?). A high balance could be the cause of removing the dye.

Old 11/8/06, 03:31 PM
GTR Member

Too wierd...

I wonder if the Z-10 is alkaline free or ph balanced? We need a MSDS to find the pH value (neutral is 7.0 right?). A high balance could be the cause of removing the dye.

Got me... it says on the bottle that it's safe for all leathers. I guess not red, though.
Old 11/8/06, 04:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom- Don't worry when I used some of Meguiars leather conditioner on my car the same thing happened to me. I remember this happening with my vert as well so I think it's normal and nothing to worry about. Sorry I took so long to chime in but I'm hooked on Gears of War.

Bill- Buy chris Gears of War/Halo2/Madden and I'll be more than happy to dual with him. Although I'm sure he'll kick my butt. My 13 year old cousin always gets the best of me when I play him on Halo 2
Old 11/8/06, 04:30 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think it would work too
good
on mine, either.

Attachment 13473
i thought you were Mr. Grammar??
Old 11/8/06, 04:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have used Z-9 & Z-10 on my seats and nothing ever came off. I use the Z-16 on the rest of the interior though.

I got a 360 on launch day last year for $399 then sold it on ebay for over $800. Then I bought another, so I basically got it for free. (There is some of Tom's Financial Reasoning )

Leo what is your gamertag ??
OKCToolguy here.
I used to play Halo2 all the time but haven't been playing it lately. We need to get Tom & Bill online and kick their ***
Old 11/8/06, 05:03 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
i thought you were Mr. Grammar??
Sometimes I have to keep the reading at a 5th grade level so everybody can understand.
Old 11/8/06, 05:09 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
I have used Z-9 & Z-10 on my seats and nothing ever came off. I use the Z-16 on the rest of the interior though.

I used to play Halo2 all the time but haven't been playing it lately. We need to get Tom & Bill online and kick their ***
Still wonder if it's the red dye?

I have a Playstation 2... no Xbox.

Good job on the free 360!
Old 11/8/06, 05:59 PM

Sometimes I have to keep the reading at a 5th grade level so everybody can understand.
Ouch! I feel insulted. I'm at least at the 6th Grade Level, buddy!

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Leo what is your gamertag ??
OKCToolguy here.
It took me forever to find a 360 in stock for Chris, but I did it!

Chris' gamertag is OGS WaRrIoR, but he's only playing COD2 lately... until COD3 comes out.

Still wonder if it's the red dye?

I have a Playstation 2... no Xbox.
Must be excessive dye in your leather.

PS2? That's so yesterday!
Old 11/8/06, 06:01 PM
GTR Member

Ouch! I feel insulted. I'm at least at the 6th Grade Level, buddy!
That was for Leo. You know those Marines.

Must be excessive dye in your leather.
Could be...

PS2? That's so yesterday!
I'm not paying $600 for a PS3... I'll wait awhile.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)