Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 12/11/08, 02:47 PM
  #27001  
Cobra Member
 
officespace56's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 3, 2007
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 1,187
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post

If Matt's car is in storage, there's no need for him to rush to get the camcovers done.

Cams and stuff wil be fine. Maybe I would get a fresh oil coated rag to lay over the goods while the covers are off as a 'just in case'.
What type of oil, just shop rags or what? If they will be fine sitting in the open then I will just do it over the winter. Thanks for the offer Leo, great guys here on TMS
officespace56 is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 02:51 PM
  #27002  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 02:54 PM
  #27003  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I don't think you fully understand what a PITA it is for us DD guys to try and our cars looking like yours.
Leo, chill the F out. Someone's retaining water today.

I figured you'd be interested in doing some shows here and there since you went through the effort of getting your sc polished. However, I do understand about having a DD. For instance, there's no way I'd enter a truck carshow.

So anyways, think you'll come up this weekend?
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 02:58 PM
  #27004  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Me and Brian have been talking about getting beaters or even a gay scooter since our commutes are so short.
I'd rather get a used street bike instead of a deathped.

Something like this..
Ponies on The Run (Again)-r6.jpg
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 03:02 PM
  #27005  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by officespace56 View Post
What type of oil, just shop rags or what? If they will be fine sitting in the open then I will just do it over the winter. Thanks for the offer Leo, great guys here on TMS
Yup, just a new clean oil soaked cotton sheet to cover the stuff. Just make sure you disconnect the negative battery terminal so no one accidentally cranks the starter.

oil: factory oil



Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
In the process of working out one of these two deals.
:gay:
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 03:04 PM
  #27006  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Leo, chill the F out. Someone's retaining water today.

I figured you'd be interested in doing some shows here and there since you went through the effort of getting your sc polished. However, I do understand about having a DD. For instance, there's no way I'd enter a truck carshow.

So anyways, think you'll come up this weekend?
Nah. The polishing of the SC was just because the satin finish was to industrial looking. If it came in a black wrinkle finish like Brian's Whipple I'd of left it that way. This weekend's a no go but I will be there the following weekend and the weekend after that.

Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I'd rather get a used street bike instead of a deathped.

Something like this..
Attachment 67236
Trust me that would be cool but I'm trying to find something for as cheap as possible. I only need it to take me 8-10 miles round trip. I can live with looking like a dork for 10 minutes a day if it means I can leave the Stang in the garage.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 03:08 PM
  #27007  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Trust me that would be cool but I'm trying to find something for as cheap as possible.
That would be a bicycle then.

Not only won't you spend any gas, but no insurance too. Big plus side is you'll be able to drink more beer.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 03:08 PM
  #27008  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Nope....Except for the SD show the only other show I'd even remotely consider is the Santa Margarita Ford show since it's somewhat close to me. I'd probably continue to do show's if I lived in the South Bay and the car wasn't a DD. It's just not very appealing to have to spend the entire day before the show cleaning the car. Then waking up at the crack of dawn to drive an hour and a half. Then sit in a hot *** parking lot all day waiting for the trophy ceremony. Only to have it dragged by someone practically forcing you to buy raffle tickets. Then after all that having to drive another hour and a half to get back home. I don't think you fully understand what a PITA it is for us DD guys to try and our cars looking like yours. Plus 30k miles isn't doing my paint any favors. Plus the fact you usually only have to drive about 15-20 minutes to get there. So it's not that I don't like attending and hanging out it's just all the BS that goes into before and after.

(Rant off)

I'm sure Brian will agree with all of the above.
Not a whole lot I can add to that. Exactly, except the 1-1/2 hour drive. So that I can't pull. If I'm lucky, rarely, I can wash the car Saturday and have it sit in my parents garage Saturday/Saturday night. But that's it. PITA.

If you get the scooter, I dare you to get the truck *****. Double-dog dare you Just as long as it's not a pink scooter but your helmet is, I think you'll be fine

Bill, don't get me wrong it's fun hanging out with the guys, but doing the shows, not so much. I would easily have done the cruise, for instance, without the show and if it didn't look like the whole plan was gonna go south... which of course it didn't
habu is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 03:19 PM
  #27009  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the special edition one Leo

Bill - brought up a good point. If it's just 8-10 miles. Why not a bike? Way cheaper than a scooter (less dorky too )
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 03:20 PM
  #27010  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
That would be a bicycle then.

Not only won't you spend any gas, but no insurance too. Big plus side is you'll be able to drink more beer.
Screw that I'm to lazy to pedal, plus the road to work is all up hill.

Originally Posted by habu View Post
Not a whole lot I can add to that. Exactly, except the 1-1/2 hour drive. So that I can't pull. If I'm lucky, rarely, I can wash the car Saturday and have it sit in my parents garage Saturday/Saturday night. But that's it. PITA.

If you get the scooter, I dare you to get the truck *****. Double-dog dare you Just as long as it's not a pink scooter but your helmet is, I think you'll be fine

Bill, don't get me wrong it's fun hanging out with the guys, but doing the shows, not so much. I would easily have done the cruise, for instance, without the show and if it didn't look like the whole plan was gonna go south... which of course it didn't
Trust me if I get the scooter I'll put the truck ***** on it. Along with any other goofy stuff.

+1 to that last paragraph.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 03:25 PM
  #27011  
Cobra Member
 
Join Date: November 15, 2007
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 1,460
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Screw that I'm to lazy to pedal, plus the road to work is all up hill.
Forget that. lol. Scooter it is

Last edited by Superfly SN95; 12/11/08 at 03:49 PM.
Superfly SN95 is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 03:40 PM
  #27012  
Team Mustang Source
 
USMC0341's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 29, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,527
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
Me and Brian have been talking about getting beaters
Well I'm looking to get my oldest boy a beater. so I'm going to this auction. My neighbor picked up a 99 explorer for 600 bucks! Minimum bid is 250

http://www.longbeach.gov/pw/towing/auction.asp

Pics
http://www.longbeach.gov/civica/file...p?BlobID=20206
USMC0341 is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 04:45 PM
  #27013  
NTTAWWT
 
StangMahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: That town you drive through to get to Myrtle Beach
Posts: 11,734
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I'd rather get a used street bike instead of a deathped.

Something like this..
Attachment 67236
StangMahn is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 05:52 PM
  #27014  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The cam covers..... if it's just in the garage and there isn't much moisture, I don't think you need to cover them.... once you close the hood nothing is going to happen to them other than being cold. Now if it's exposed for good deal of time then covering them probably isn't too bad of an idea, but just to prevent anything from falling in.

Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
Well I'm looking to get my oldest boy a beater. so I'm going to this auction. My neighbor picked up a 99 explorer for 600 bucks! Minimum bid is 250

http://www.longbeach.gov/pw/towing/auction.asp

Pics
http://www.longbeach.gov/civica/file...p?BlobID=20206
That is such a good idea. How do you know if the car is even running though ?? that, for me, would be a big deal....

Last edited by habu; 12/11/08 at 05:57 PM.
habu is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 06:46 PM
  #27015  
I kissed a pickle
And I liked it
TMS Staff
 
tom281's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 8, 2005
Location: Medina county, OH
Posts: 12,334
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT View Post
I'll take your word for as I don't feel like digging around to find it. If you'd listen to your wife and move to Socal you wouldn't have to wait till spring to race again.


Hush..... that's about the only thing that she wants that she hasn't gotten.
tom281 is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 07:57 PM
  #27016  
NTTAWWT
 
StangMahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: That town you drive through to get to Myrtle Beach
Posts: 11,734
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I would probably put a cover of some sort on there, just to make sure nothing gets in.
StangMahn is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 10:09 PM
  #27017  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so where did everyone go ?? did the rain scare 'em all off
habu is offline  
Old 12/11/08, 11:42 PM
  #27018  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like techno !!!!!

When it's in a song like this Not kid/work friendly




habu is offline  
Old 12/12/08, 12:46 AM
  #27019  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
JedCranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,932
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEMA on The SPEED Channel Dec 14th

SPEED>

This girl is HAWT!

Jed



I snapped this picture of her below...



Last edited by JedCranium; 12/12/08 at 12:59 AM.
JedCranium is offline  
Old 12/12/08, 08:02 AM
  #27020  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
I like techno !!!!!

When it's in a song like this Not kid/work friendly
Catchy tune! Kinda like 'Scotty Doesn't Know'.

I do like the video!
TacoBill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.