General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/08, 03:12 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by officespace56
That's exactly why I double checked with you guys here. I know how bad of a situation you were in and I will take advice from it. Ithink I will hold off on the blower. I would feel much better buying a new package from Brenspeed, knowing there arent shards of metal somewhere in the manifold. And the search continues haha
I think you've come to a wise choice. I remember that picture Bill had of the intake manifold with all the precious little pieces of metal, and that alone would be enough to make the decision for me. I'm not saying don't ever buy a used one, but in this case surely it was wise to pass.
Old 11/10/08, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill

The video of Brian and Luis had me in stitches!

Great find Ray!
+10 The vids are hilarious. Probably the best I ever looked in a leotard.
That's exactly why I double checked with you guys here. I know how bad of a situation you were in and I will take advice from it. Ithink I will hold off on the blower. I would feel much better buying a new package from Brenspeed, knowing there arent shards of metal somewhere in the manifold. And the search continues haha
I'm joining in on the don't crowd too. There is just too many things that can go south in a hurry when your block becomes a sieve. Don't know how telling it is that on his new motor he isn't putting the blower back on. As expensive it is get it new if you can, I'd really hesitate on used and even more so if the engine went boom, then he/she sells it.
Originally Posted by StangMahn
no grits? wtf?
I can't find any instant grits out here. WTF

No my love of southern food hasn't gotten me to eat grits yet, I know, I know. One day but not yet. 'course it could be because I've only had them out in CA and haven't tasted what 'real' grits taste like. I'll look for the tomorrow.
Old 11/10/08, 04:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, last thing you/we need is another story of hardship with an install. That deal is only tempting because of the cost, but for a few more bills you can get a V3 version brand spanking new with a full warranty. When things go south you've got some protection especially when your install is coupled with a trusted installer. People will say all kinds of stuff that items are in great condition but remember you’re at a disadvantage. If the item was in your hands that you could get it inspected well that's a different situation. Error on the side of caution in this situation IMO.

Jed (Consumer Advocate)
Old 11/10/08, 04:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu

I'm joining in on the don't crowd too. There is just too many things that can go south in a hurry when your block becomes a sieve. Don't know how telling it is that on his new motor he isn't putting the blower back on. As expensive it is get it new if you can, I'd really hesitate on used and even more so if the engine went boom, then he/she sells it.

No my love of southern food hasn't gotten me to eat grits yet, I know, I know. One day but not yet. 'course it could be because I've only had them out in CA and haven't tasted what 'real' grits taste like. I'll look for the tomorrow.
Don't let a someone from the South hear that comment about instant grits. Hey grits is just like polenta you probably had it and didn't even know it. El Torito has a form of a swett grits as a garnish on some of their Mexi dinners. Looks like a corn cake .

Jed
Old 11/10/08, 04:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Brian's going to return back to Kali with a southern twang.

Originally Posted by JedCranium
El Torito has a form of a swett grits as a garnish on some of their Mexi dinners. Looks like a corn cake .
Mmm.. I like that little scoop of corn cake!

Wash it all down with a bended Margarita!
Old 11/10/08, 04:47 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

whoa! no way in hell you should have instant as the first try. you have to go to a good country buffet breakfast for some good grits, if you were closer here, there's a fantastic place

...and what's wrong with that?
Old 11/10/08, 04:51 PM

Oh nothing! It's just that he was born and raised in SoCal and would hate to have him sound like a poser.
Old 11/10/08, 05:10 PM
Cobra Member

Any word on Leo??
Old 11/10/08, 05:12 PM
Cobra Member

Oh nothing! It's just that he was born and raised in SoCal and would hate to have him sound like a poser.
He already does with the mention of instant grits

Mmm... grits Old fashioned or nothing for me
Old 11/10/08, 05:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Sorry guys, really busy at work yesterday and today, so admittedly I haven't read the last few pages.

Bill, got your PM and responded in the thread.

Is there a MF'ing Leo update yet?
Old 11/10/08, 05:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Any word on Leo??
I was wondering the same thing.

Sorry on the deal Matt. One of these days we'll both get blown.
Old 11/10/08, 05:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

whoa! no way in hell you should have instant as the first try. you have to go to a good country buffet breakfast for some good grits, if you were closer here, there's a fantastic place

Gotta remember Dad was raised in the South(AL and TN) and my grandparents, well obviously, were too. A southern twang comes quite natural for us. In fact it took me awhile to realise that either one had any kind of accent.

Duly noted. There is a cracker barrel out here across the way and if they didn't provide the breakfast I'd really love to go there. I love Cracker Barrel. God it's making me hungry already.
I have just (teeny-tiny) amount of cred to pull it off. May not have been born here but the south is in my blood. By the grace of god, naturally.
Old 11/10/08, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Wheres Leo.

Old 11/10/08, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
Is there a MF'ing Leo update yet?
Originally Posted by Ray Man
I was wondering the same thing.
Originally Posted by GrnT
Wheres Leo.
Leo, get off your depressed azz and post an update for us!

NO ONE was more down and out than me, and I still managed to keep everyone upated. So you can to!
Old 11/10/08, 07:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts

NO ONE was more down and out than me, and I still managed to keep everyone upated. So you can to!
Ya, what he said.

I can't wait. Its going to be sweet.

Last edited by GrnT; 11/10/08 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11/10/08, 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

Depressed?? Uh oh.
Old 11/10/08, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys, it's been some time. Hope you've all been doing well. I was wondering if any of the SoCal guys have some maintenance work that they need to do on their Mustangs because I know I do and I'd like to have someone who might be more familiar with the S197 workings than I am there with me.

Here's my to-do list:

Perform multi-point inspection.

Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage,ball joints,suspension joints,half and drive-shafts and u-joints.

Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system.

Inspect complete exhaust system and heat shields.

Inspect engine cooling system and hoses.

Change engine oil and replace oil filter. (Up to 5 quarts of oil. Perform at specified mileage interval or every 6 months, whichever occurs first).

Rotate and inspect tires; check wheel end play and turning noise.

Replace fuel filter.

Replace cabin air filter.

Replace engine air filter.

Anyone got anything on the list as well that they'd like to give me a hand with?
Old 11/10/08, 07:50 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Gotta remember Dad was raised in the South(AL and TN) and my grandparents, well obviously, were too. A southern twang comes quite natural for us. In fact it took me awhile to realise that either one had any kind of accent.

Duly noted. There is a cracker barrel out here across the way and if they didn't provide the breakfast I'd really love to go there. I love Cracker Barrel. God it's making me hungry already.

I have just (teeny-tiny) amount of cred to pull it off. May not have been born here but the south is in my blood. By the grace of god, naturally.
I think they serve breakfast all day! do it!
Old 11/10/08, 08:24 PM

Just got off the phone with Leo. I'll have him update here with some promising news.

Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX
I was wondering if any of the SoCal guys have some maintenance work that they need to do on their Mustangs because I know I do and I'd like to have someone who might be more familiar with the S197 workings than I am there with me.

Anyone got anything on the list as well that they'd like to give me a hand with?
I think that sounds good Danny. I'm sure Leo, Brian, and maybe a couple others are creeping up on some scheduled maintenance items.

Leo mentioned about changing out his fuel filter, so it may be a good time to do both cars at once.
Old 11/10/08, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Just got off the phone with Leo. I'll have him update here with some promising news.

I think that sounds good Danny. I'm sure Leo, Brian, and maybe a couple others are creeping up on some scheduled maintenance items.

Leo mentioned about changing out his fuel filter, so it may be a good time to do both cars at once.
Thanks Bill, if some of the others get in on this, maybe we can set something up. I'd love to learn to do it on my own and not fork over $650 to the dealer. That just seems absurd.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)