General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/08, 09:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I know what you are going through... we'll be thinking about you!
+1,000,000 - Hang in there guys. We are thing of you.
Old 9/13/08, 06:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Jonco, 3.33" is not the smallest, it's just the smallest that I felt comfortable using. with it and the 'cooler I pulled 469 rwhp at about 6500rpm.
Old 9/13/08, 06:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, the car is at Brenspeed for the clutch/flywheel/TOB install and maybe, just maybe, another little surprise.......

And I got a driveshaft safety loop setup in the garage ready to go when I get the car back, as well as HID kits for the headlights and foglights on order and on their way.

Anyone interested in a good deal on HID kits, let me know- or check out S197forum, there's a thread in the classifieds section.
Old 9/13/08, 06:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Jonco, 3.33" is not the smallest, it's just the smallest that I felt comfortable using. with it and the 'cooler I pulled 469 rwhp at about 6500rpm.
Gotcha. I just dont wanna buy a pulley and have it not be enough to net me enough power. Having it installed, and then tuned and then not being happy. I may end up getting that size pulley. Like I've mentioned before I'm really after 450rwhp/400+ rwhp. For the sake of braggin'

I'll prolly end up calling Brenspeed or Vortech Monday to get some more details or suggestions
Old 9/13/08, 06:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Cool, give them a shout. We ordered (IIRC) a 2.87 pulley, that's the one that pulled more than 500rwhp when they shut it down..... I swapped it for the 3.33.
Old 9/13/08, 08:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, the car is at Brenspeed for the clutch/flywheel/TOB install and maybe, just maybe, another little surprise.......

Don't hold out Tom, what's the surprise?!
Old 9/13/08, 08:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well install party is done. It was a fother mucker. Started at about 8am I called it quits at 630-ish and I believe they should be done or have been done by now.

I'll let Leo spill the gory details and Bill & Jed fill it in with pictures. Didn't have time for the line-locks.... that's what we get for thinging it'd be simple.

Importantly we all thank
magic hands

How's our Texas bretheren ? Holding out or under water ? You and your families are in my prayers.

Tom Such a tease

I might be on later, but I'm freakin done. Gonna grap a bite to eat call it a night and wake up @ 4:30 tomorrow morning to watch the Italian Gran Prix

Forza Ferrari !!!!
Old 9/13/08, 08:53 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Italian Gran Prix is tomorrow? Well at least its 6:30 am in my time zone. Is it on Speed channel?
Old 9/13/08, 09:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cool, give them a shout. We ordered (IIRC) a 2.87 pulley, that's the one that pulled more than 500rwhp when they shut it down..... I swapped it for the 3.33.
Was there more to be had with the 3.33 pulley? What psi were you seeing? If you remember
Old 9/13/08, 10:11 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I wanted to watch the race, but im not getting up at 730
Old 9/13/08, 10:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Italian Gran Prix is tomorrow? Well at least its 6:30 am in my time zone. Is it on Speed channel?
Originally Posted by StangMahn
I wanted to watch the race, but im not getting up at 730
How ya think I feel, 430... well 5 after the pre-race crap, sucks. Yeah Speed, 607 on directv (which I finally have after 7 years).

Qualifying was a major Cluster F. Vettel, Kovalainen and Webber 1,2,3

Trulli, the moving obstacle, is 7th, Massa 6th and Raikkonen & Hamilton 14th & 15th respectively.

Apparently it's supposed to be a wash-out tomorrow too. Makes me wish to Shumi back and show 'em all how to drive in the rain (or Senna)
Old 9/13/08, 10:28 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
At least they'll drive in the rain.
Old 9/14/08, 03:17 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
Well install party is done. It was a fother mucker. Started at about 8am I called it quits at 630-ish and I believe they should be done or have been done by now.

I'll let Leo spill the gory details and Bill & Jed fill it in with pictures. Didn't have time for the line-locks.... that's what we get for thinking it'd be simple.
Long day at the Taco Garage!

Crack of dawn Dog NutS!

"Magic Hands" George suites up!

On the agenda today...

Leo's JBA header install + Panard bar.

POTR gang were busy on all fronts of the Leo mobile. We would relive each other when each on of us hit the wall

"Magic Hands" George in action!

Panard bar alignment with the old unit before install...

The Taco in action

Habu on the right working in the P-Bar...

Break out the tool of the trade to get that ***** in

Panard bar install complete

A little before and after...side by side stock exhaust manifold and the new JBA Silver Ceramic.

Fly finally showed up after fixing his hair

During the JBA install a June bug landed between Fly's legs...

Habu takes a short break before the final right side install of the JBA's...

Kevin had a lady friend Hanna stopped by to check out the stangs in da hood...

LUNCH TIME! Two essentials of every pit crew...

Back in action The Jed tackles the upper header bolts..

Underneath the *****es are back re-installing the steering shaft...

Concurrent cars being worked on the The Fly attacks his front turn signal lights...

Fly using his hair to clean the side molding of the CS...

Fly's version of a big brake upgrade...

Kevin on the front jack...

Leo jumps in to assist the Fly!

It was wall to wall stangs...

Fly spotting Habu's step ladder...

So were down to three guys Leo, Jed and Kevin. Fly and Taco left us for some poon tang at the Light House in Hermosa Beach. We button things up, lowered the car go for a test drive. Then we hear this strange noise coming from the front of Leo's car. The rattle is noticed mostly at extreme fast turns both left and right. Hummm what could that be? Turns out a 13MM deep socket fell into the K-Member WTF! Well after and hour or more of poking, air spraying and using a magnet tool we final got the crap out, also found a washer.

What a day!

This say's it all

Even with that set back we had a great time with the boys. This install will go down in POTR history for most guys on one stang. Habu win's MVM Most Valuable Mechanic of the day. He busted his azz over all of us.

Good times

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 9/14/08 at 09:50 AM.
Old 9/14/08, 03:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

A POTR Exclusive!

Hello all JedCranium here! For a limited time GTR Performance is selling brand new JBA Silver Ceramic Headers for your 05 and up GT 3V - V8. The cost is $429.99 plus tax and shipping. To take advantage of this deal call:

Gonzalo Topete at GTR.

Tell them you heard about this deal from Bill Lohr aka JedCranium. No dealer purchases, this deal is for hard working backyard mechanic's like us. Not blood sucking shops that markup.

I know the Taco is going to purchase one, with a price like that you can't go wrong

Also for a great price JBA axel back mufflers for $269.00. Call Gonzalo for complete information.

Jed
Old 9/14/08, 04:35 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Leo's JBA start-up

1. Start up open headers
2. Start up full install
3. Funky sound?

Jed
Old 9/14/08, 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like a great time guys That noise sounds a lot worse than just a socket rolling around, I would have freaked out. Glad that's all it was.
Old 9/14/08, 07:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Great pix guys, looks like a good time actually.

Originally Posted by JonCo
Was there more to be had with the 3.33 pulley? What psi were you seeing? If you remember
With the 3.33, we topped at 469 rwhp and that was with a custom tune (Brenspeed, of course ) and could have maybe gotten a little more out of it, but we didn't try. I think that specific Vortech head unit will top out around 500 to 550 rwhp on these cars, running the max psi from the smallest pulley I believe.
Old 9/14/08, 11:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I just want to give a huge thanks to all the guys that helped with the header install yesterday. No way I could've done that myself. Thanks for busting your asses to help me get those headers in. I have to agree with Jed about Brian being the workhorse yesterday. Although George "magichands" got us through all the tight situations. Jed thanks for being a installer/photographer and staying with Kevin and myself to troubleshoot the stupid noise. Kevin/Bill thanks for letting me use your garage all friggin day as well as busting your asses. We had poor Kevin running around like a mad man getting us all the different sockets/wrenches we needed. Luis thanks for providing the laughs with your "can I get the tweezers" comment. No seriously though thanks for lending a hand. Glad you like the turn signals. Needless to say I owe you guys alot more than the pizza and beer from yesterday. So again thanks to Kevin, Bill, George, Brian, Jed, and Luis for all the help. There was alot of funny stuff that happened throughtout the install which I'm sure several of you will comment on.

I don't know about you guys but my whole body is sore. I don't know how Bill and Luis still managed to go out and get wasted.

Still have to do some more real world testing before I give a final review of the headers. The one thing I did notice right away is the exhaust sounds cleaner/smoother. Definetly not louder.

This buds for all of you.
Old 9/14/08, 11:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well said Leo you described yesterday much better than I could have. Last night I was loosing it and ya I ache in places I didn't know I had Glad your ride is all taken care of. Ah now off to breakfast is TacoBill ever wakes up .

Jed
Old 9/14/08, 11:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

oh good lord I'm glad it's not just me. I ache in so many places it isn't funny. Still as always great to hang out with the guys and very glad all is well with the car Leo. We had so much crap torn apart for this install I am surprised it came back together OK.

Sorry I didn't hang out last night. I was so wrecked once I hit the couch I was DONE.

Major Kudos for Kevin. We had him running around so much being a 'gopher' without him we could have added another couple of hours to the install.
Finally a Budweiser I like, Thanks Leo !

Last edited by habu; 9/14/08 at 12:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)