The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

TacoBill 6/20/07 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by habu (Post 944305)
The stock shaker 1G is probably the best stock stereo I've ever had. If I did anything to upgrade would be to get the Ford Navigation that can be bought now.

The Ford OEM navi is a bad idea. I've read guys here that retrofitted their 05/06 with it and it's been one headache over another. Besides, the cost of that head unit is just ridiculous!

I'm just planning on changing out the 500 with the Alpine, nothing more.

Originally Posted by philster2003 (Post 944144)
Bill focus on the KB, focus.................

Originally Posted by pville piper (Post 944455)
Time for the KB Bill!:poke:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../th_plzdie.gif .. for putting those thought in my head.

:jester:

NYNY53 6/20/07 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 944538)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../th_plzdie.gif .. for putting those thought in my head.

We are here to help Bill.

Gosh you help us spend money turn about is fair play:nana:

KB....KB

habu 6/20/07 10:01 AM

Leave poor Bill alone....

http://www.need-4-speed.com/kennebell11.jpg

TacoBill 6/20/07 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by philster2003 (Post 944554)
Gosh you help us spend money turn about is fair play:nana:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...h_rasberry.gif

Believe me, $$ is flowing out from my account faster than a cat with a firecracker up the kazoo.

habu 6/20/07 10:09 AM

Hey, not to change the subject more power but is the insane videos Cam Cover removal and install Bill Nees a blower a one person job?

Most likely gonna take 'em off and paint them Sunday, maybe Saturday depending on how late I have to work??

TacoBill 6/20/07 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by habu (Post 944611)
Leave poor Bill alone....

:drool:

As tempting as that looks, it's a flippin' 6 GRAND for it! For another ~150 rwhp over what I have now? :wonder:

Or instead, I can get new rims and tires (for me and 2 other friends), a spare 4.6 3V crate engine, an entire used car or truck, etc., etc... :doh:

TacoBill 6/20/07 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by habu (Post 944617)
Hey, not to change the subject more power but is the insane videos Cam Cover removal and install Bill Nees a blower a one person job?

Most likely gonna take 'em off and paint them Sunday, maybe Saturday depending on how late I have to work??

me = http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../th_poking.gif

Yes, you can do it by yourself. Take the tips I noted about removing the COP's and stuff to give yourself more room.

NYNY53 6/20/07 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by habu (Post 944617)

Now that sublinal was funny Brian very funny:hail: Wish I thought of that

pville piper 6/20/07 11:09 AM

Yes,Bill we needs should a polished leave twin poor screw Bill blower alone. :yup:

NYNY53 6/20/07 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 944622)
As tempting as that looks, it's a flippin' 6 GRAND for it! For another ~150 rwhp over what I have now? :wonder:

But you know power is calling you Bill, the power, you must have more power. Plus its a natural for a garage queen show car

Power, must have power.....................:tomcat:

TacoBill 6/20/07 11:15 AM

Good news!

Doug is alive and well! :hail:

He just e-mailed me my tracking number for the Racer and what do you know... delivery is scheduled for today! :banana:

NYNY53 6/20/07 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 944668)
Good news!

Doug is alive and well! :hail:

He just e-mailed me my tracking number for the Racer and what do you know... delivery is scheduled for today! :banana:

Thats a very good thang Bill

You can have that installed before dinner gets cold..................

TacoBill 6/20/07 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by philster2003 (Post 944669)
You can have that installed before dinner gets cold..................

I wish. There's a couple things I need to do first.

I'm going to see if Hose Techniques has black silicone hoses that match the 2 blue C&L ones. Nothing wrong with the blue colored hoses, but I think black will match my theme better. So that'll take a day to get.

Second, I'm waiting for my replacement crank pulley from Steeda.

My plan is to do both the pulley and CAI at the same time so I only have to remove the Shaker and CAI once, getting tired of this on/off deal. :banghead:

GottaHaveIt 6/20/07 11:48 AM

Sweet I cant wait for mine to get out, before we take off on Holidays It would so suck if we were gone two weeks and they sent it back because nobody home ? waaaaa

NYNY53 6/20/07 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 944679)
black silicone hoses that match the 2 blue C&L ones. Nothing wrong with the blue colored hoses, but I think black will match my theme better. So that'll take a day to get.

Blue C&L hoses, I didn't get any blue hoses when I got my C&L street CAI, hmmmmmm

habu 6/20/07 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 944679)
I wish. There's a couple things I need to do first.

I'm going to see if Hose Techniques has black silicone hoses that match the 2 blue C&L ones. Nothing wrong with the blue colored hoses, but I think black will match my theme better. So that'll take a day to get.

Second, I'm waiting for my replacement crank pulley from Steeda.

My plan is to do both the pulley and CAI at the same time so I only have to remove the Shaker and CAI once, getting tired of this on/off deal. :banghead:

That is great news. You might be able to install before R&R. I agree that the black silicone would look very good over the blue that they ship.

Did I miss something... what's up with the new pulley ?? I thought they all went on A-OK ?

OKCMustangGT 6/20/07 12:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by philster2003 (Post 944693)
Blue C&L hoses, I didn't get any blue hoses when I got my C&L street CAI, hmmmmmm

You didn't get these blue hoses (connections) with your C & L intake Phil?
Attachment 28365

Bill NEEDS a blower. Feel the draw Bill ?? Much like the draw to the Shaker Club. :-D

TacoBill 6/20/07 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by philster2003 (Post 944693)

Click here

Post your results.

Pending the results, I'll give you a break. :jester:

Originally Posted by habu (Post 944701)
That is great news. You might be able to install before R&R. I agree that the black silicone would look very good over the blue that they ship.

Did I miss something... what's up with the new pulley ?? I thought they all went on A-OK ?

That'll be alot of running around trying to get the hoses by tonight... ehh, forget it. Besides, it goes back to the on/off thing which I want to avoid.

Well, maybe I didn't mention it, but I'm replacing my paint stripped pulley (:doh: ) with a new one. I just got to thinking that even though the unfinished metal looks good, I don't want to deal with any corrosion or pitting down the road.

karman 6/20/07 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 944538)
The Ford OEM navi is a bad idea. I've read guys here that retrofitted their 05/06 with it and it's been one headache over another. Besides, the cost of that head unit is just ridiculous!

I'm just planning on changing out the 500 with the Alpine, nothing more.

I agree,please don't do the nav.
Changing the 500 for Alpine:
That is the correct choice.:nice:

GottaHaveIt 6/20/07 12:22 PM

I passed ! Now can I recieve my tuner ? Please