The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ponies on The Run (Again) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ponies-run-again-432873/)

habu 6/26/08 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Man (Post 5590811)
It's basically a straight shot, I40 for 1200 miles. Do it!!! :grin:

I've done it twice now from CA to Winchester, VA. Once via the 70 until Tennessee and then the 40 through Kansas, Missouri, down through Cincinnati, WVa, PA, then VA....

Everyone should do it at least once. Except for Kansas, I don't wish that on anyone.

TacoBill 6/26/08 05:08 PM

When I was 16, a friend and I drove cross-county from LA to Chicago and back in a 76 Vega. :metal:
We only drove at night so it didn't overheat.

JonCo 6/26/08 06:34 PM

if i disconnected my negative on my battery while doing some work and reconnected it does that mean my uploaded tune falls out? do I have to reprogram the car?

tom281 6/26/08 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by JonCo (Post 5590874)
if i disconnected my negative on my battery while doing some work and reconnected it does that mean my uploaded tune falls out? do I have to reprogram the car?

No, you're good.

Superfly SN95 6/26/08 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by XxDevilR6xX (Post 5590623)
.-Improved Battery Life For Enhanced Talk/Video/Browsing/Standby Time.

:lol: Apple batteries have always been bad.

Originally Posted by habu (Post 5590640)
I love apple, but not so sure about the new phone...
It will not have full GPS support, no turn-by-turn direction stuff. It'll do the google maps thing showing you where you are, but that's it.

All of the software updates, app store, exchange support, iPhone 2.0 software will be pushed to the iPhone 1.0.

The iPhone 2.0 will be more difficult to unlock and MUST be activated at a AT&T store, no getting an iPhone from the Apple Store and hacking it anymore. I've also understand that the 3G plan is $20 more per month.

I would by one but the 20 bucks per month increase and the not-so-full GPS support kinda drives me away.

Eh... 3g is new technology and the new iPhone has more of the things I have wanted. It's the little things that add it up for me. Besides, I paid way too much for the current one :doh: I'm not looking to unlock since I like At&t. Gps - that's what the mustang is for :grin: I do agree with you Brian, a lot is just sales pitch.

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5590754)
GREAT! See you then! :jester:

:rofl2: Don't be late!

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 5590846)
When I was 16, a friend and I drove cross-county from LA to Chicago and back in a 76 Vega. :metal:
We only drove at night so it didn't overheat.

That sounds like a blast :metal:

Dang, my battery dies and I miss out on all the fun (:rofl2: I just realized the coincidence of my comments for the first quote). It was funny watching the two computer geeks going at it :starwars: :jester:

StangMahn 6/26/08 11:57 PM

haha, vega's...actually the joke's on me, they're pretty popular for drag racing now, becuase of their light weight

I'd love to do a cross country trip, especially one down the west coast, and on the PCH

TacoBill 6/27/08 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by tom281 (Post 5590881)
No, you're good.

+1

Can leave the battery disconnected as long as you like.

habu 6/27/08 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 5590980)
haha, vega's...actually the joke's on me, they're pretty popular for drag racing now, becuase of their light weight

I'd love to do a cross country trip, especially one down the west coast, and on the PCH

Ya mean like this ...http://www.pisanoracing.com/vega/07launch.jpg :rofl2:

TacoBill 6/27/08 10:18 AM

^ that one looks waaay different than the one we drove. :rofl2:

I'll be swinging by Swansons today and see how the progress is going. Also will be laying down my first deposit. :doh:

Robbieg 6/27/08 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 5591158)

I'll be swinging by Swansons today and see how the progress is going. Also will be laying down my first deposit. :doh:

They have your car, how much more deposit do they need!

Ray Man 6/27/08 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 5591158)

They don't have your money yet?! No wonder they're taking so long. :whip:

StangMahn 6/27/08 11:26 AM

yeah, like that brian

you said they're using this deposit to order parts, right?

TacoBill 6/27/08 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by StangMahn (Post 5591193)
you said they're using this deposit to order parts, right?

yup. I'll be bringing him 1500 bones. That should get things moving! :rofl2:

habu 6/27/08 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 5591206)
yup. I'll be bringing him 1500 bones. That should get things moving! :rofl2:

It better get things hauling.

TacoBill 6/27/08 11:52 AM

Just got off the phone with Danny, motor is being pulled as we speak. Was ready to yank yesterday, but he said he didn't have a second person there. I'll be stopping by at the shop around 3pm today, hopefully I'll have some stuff to take pics of.

JedCranium 6/27/08 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 5591220)
Just got off the phone with Danny, motor is being pulled as we speak. Was ready to yank yesterday, but he said he didn't have a second person there. I'll be stopping by at the shop around 3pm today, hopefully I'll have some stuff to take pics of.

Cool pictures please! It's Friday! Is it 5:00 p.m. yet?

Jed

TacoBill 6/27/08 12:00 PM

I think today is Leo's last day at his work. New job should fund his SC! :nice:

Now if Leo decides to get a SC and gets his car before I get mine, something will be seriously wrong. :screwy: :jester:

LEO_06GT 6/27/08 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 5591228)
I think today is Leo's last day at his work. New job should fund his SC! :nice:

Now if Leo decides to get a SC and gets his car before I get mine, something will be seriously wrong. :screwy: :jester:

Yup it's my last day. I'm done at 3.:banana::banana::banana:

The SC is still up in the air.

TacoBill 6/27/08 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT (Post 5591269)
The SC is still up in the air.

Thank you. I'm not sure how I would've handled you getting blown before me.

Robbieg 6/27/08 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 5591274)
Thank you. I'm not sure how I would've handled you getting blown before me.

Better get back to Vegas:jester: