General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/10, 02:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<-- Has a Panhard bar that's sitting in the garage that I bought last September... Just haven't had the time to install it... LOL!

I wanted it to re-align my rear... It's just a tad off after I lowered it...

Bill - The video was cool! Looks like a lot of fun was had!
Old 1/12/10, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get where your coming from but honestly I'm totally used to it in the car now. The only time I really notice it is if it's over a really bumpy road or Dad is in the car. I like how it is at the moment.

Speaking of which, I really need rear tires already. Not looking to spend the 400 bucks but it's getting way too easy to spin them now and I'm not looking forward to driving in the rain
Old 1/12/10, 06:24 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill

Man, I'm burned out on LV, that was my 4th trip in 2 months.
you've got a couple years to rest up, haha

Originally Posted by habu
Just want to throw in my .02, trouble shooting electronics sucks *****. I hate electronics.
+1
Old 1/12/10, 09:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

my car is old today .

But it is the first car I've ever owned that the warranty ran out based on time rather than miles. The GTi I used to own killed it's warranty in two years. In two years I had 55,000 miles on that car.

Now it's really time to look at a DD
Old 1/12/10, 09:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

my car is old today .

But it is the first car I've ever owned that the warranty ran out based on time rather than miles. The GTi I used to own killed it's warranty in two years. In two years I had 55,000 miles on that car.

Time to trade her in for a 2011!

Old 1/12/10, 09:37 PM
Cobra Member

LMAO!

Congrats on hitting 30k miles! I am at 32k-ish... I actually can't remember, since it's been sitting in the garage since Christmas...
Old 1/12/10, 09:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Man

OUCH.....not with those tailights.....
Old 1/12/10, 09:39 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
my grand cherokee will be hitting the 150k mark within the next week or so

I hope I dont own it when it hits 160, lol
Old 1/12/10, 11:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to Cars & Coffee this weekend any of you SoCal beeatches want to join me?

After that the ROUSH will be going to Voss Performance for some 3rd member work and coilovers. When the next Speed Ventures event comes into Funkytana I want to go! Maybe Jason and/or Team Shelby will do another event? I want to try the Streets of Willow too this year. Maybe meet Import Slayer? I think Subi Fest is coming up soon I wonder how they would feel if a ROUSH rolled up.
Old 1/13/10, 01:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ray Man

see below ...

Originally Posted by fabman
OUCH.....not with those tailights.....
Actually it's the whole exterior for me, not just the lights. The other thing I noticed, maybe they fix it on the '11, is that the deck that's in between the tail lights sticks out past the tail lights... hard to explain and I should have taken a pic when I was at the dealer yesterday looking at the gt500, with the 10K "market adjustment" .. anyway, they tried to make the deck lid curved/concave well the very bottom of the concave juts out past the tail lights and looks like the panel alignment isn't right. For all the right things that Ford is doing now, the 10-?? exterior screwed the pooch. Everything else about the car is excellent(interior, powertrain, suspension, brakes) but man did they miss the boat.

Originally Posted by JedCranium

After that the ROUSH will be going to Voss Performance for some 3rd member work and coilovers. When the next Speed Ventures event comes into Funkytana I want to go! Maybe Jason and/or Team Shelby will do another event? I want to try the Streets of Willow too this year. Maybe meet Import Slayer? I think Subi Fest is coming up soon I wonder how they would feel if a ROUSH rolled up.
Can't make CnC, sorry

Last edited by habu; 1/13/10 at 01:08 AM.
Old 1/13/10, 01:06 AM
Cobra Member

Well the brace shouldn't make it more noisy and neither should the torque limiters, the PHB on the other hand
<ETA> the swaybars didn't add any additional harshness or noise to the car at all, it just handles better.
it's already noisy and harsh so making it a little more so won't kill anything. I guess I want to make sure to get everything tightened up when the bottom-end gets forged. Better to do it now and get used to it rather than waiting, I guess.... I dunno, just want to spend money on parts.
My two cents: Get the panhard bar if you're trying to align the rearend; its too much hassle than its worth. The brace is a waste of money IMO; its just another suspension part companies can add to the catalog. I can understand the torque limiters What are you building, a Chevy Killer tribute? Less is more sometimes and I think you'll be happier with certain stock suspension pieces in the end. Just because its part of a company product line, doesn't mean its necessary.
Old 1/13/10, 01:09 AM
Cobra Member

see below ...

Actually it's the whole exterior for me, not just the lights. The other thing I noticed, maybe they fix it on the '11, is that the deck that's in between the tail lights sticks out past the tail lights... hard to explain and I should have taken a pic when I was at the dealer yesterday looking at the gt500, with the 10K "market adjustment"
The 2011 is growing on me

Not to a drooling point but the performance outweighs the ugly exterior now
Old 1/13/10, 04:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by superfly s197

Maybe if they mount the engine on the rear bumper it would look better
Old 1/13/10, 07:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
my car is old today .
30k!

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I am at 32k-ish... I actually can't remember, since it's been sitting in the garage since Christmas...
Mine was sitting dormant for that long too, so I decided to drive it this week.

Things I noticed.. I drive faster than I should and it's loud, but sounds cool.

Originally Posted by JedCranium

Out for C&C, but I'll meet you at VP to be your taxi ride home.

My two cents: Get the panhard bar if you're trying to align the rearend; its too much hassle than its worth. The brace is a waste of money IMO; its just another suspension part companies can add to the catalog. I can understand the torque limiters What are you building, a Chevy Killer tribute? Less is more sometimes and I think you'll be happier with certain stock suspension pieces in the end. Just because its part of a company product line, doesn't mean its necessary.

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Maybe if they mount the engine on the rear bumper it would look better
Old 1/13/10, 08:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

see below ...

Actually it's the whole exterior for me, not just the lights. The other thing I noticed, maybe they fix it on the '11, is that the deck that's in between the tail lights sticks out past the tail lights... hard to explain and I should have taken a pic when I was at the dealer yesterday looking at the gt500, with the 10K "market adjustment" .. anyway, they tried to make the deck lid curved/concave well the very bottom of the concave juts out past the tail lights and looks like the panel alignment isn't right. For all the right things that Ford is doing now, the 10-?? exterior screwed the pooch. Everything else about the car is excellent(interior, powertrain, suspension, brakes) but man did they miss the boat.

Can't make CnC, sorry
Agreed....the whole body just doesnt do it for me and i know what you mean about the deck lid. It would have to be awfully **** fast to make up for that.....
Old 1/13/10, 09:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

my car is old today .

Congrats. I'm about to it 45k here shortly.

+1

--------
HID update....
Looks like the controller box that comes with the HID's is fried. I'll be picking up a replacement from HIDguy today for no charge.

2011 Mustang GT/CS looks fugly.
Old 1/13/10, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll hit 50,000 this week....
Old 1/13/10, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

This is my beef with the rear too... I hate that little 'lip' that sticks out, which does not align to anything... If they were going to concave the tail light panel, everything should have been concaved (a la the '67-'68 rear)... I was looking forward to a '67-'68 looking rear and they f***ed it up, IMO...

Mine was sitting dormant for that long too, so I decided to drive it this week.

Things I noticed.. I drive faster than I should and it's loud, but sounds cool.
I am driving mine today! Mainly cause the Mini had to go in for service, but still! Man I miss driving the car on a normal basis... And even though I only have the GTA exhaust, mine is still pretty loud, especially for 6:45 in the morning... LOL!
Old 1/13/10, 09:17 AM
Cobra Member

2011 Mustang GT/CS looks fugly.
I agree! Especially since I think the '07-'09 GT/CS is one of the best looking! They really missed the mark on this version... And that rear spoiler?

And all you guys with 40k-50k miles, that makes me feel better with my (just about to turn) 32k miles...
Old 1/13/10, 09:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
So I called up Alpine tech support yesterday to complain why my iPhone 3GS and 4th gen Nano doesn't charge in the Mustang (thru my Alpine W205 HU). My original 2G iPhone charged no problem, so I assumed Alpine wasn't keeping up with Apple's changes and offer firmware updates for my headunit reciever.

They informed me that Apple screwed everyone (pre-2007 aftermarket headunits) by switching the charging hardware from 12V to 5V. From what the tech said, it affects Alpine, Kenwood, Clarion, Eclipse, Pioneer, etc.

So, my choices are to get a new reciever or charging converter or find an older 3rd gen Nano.

Luckily, Chris still has his old 3G Nano, so I'm taking it for Mustang duties.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)