General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/08, 12:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
The only golf I really enjoy is Happy Gilmore , call me Mr. Stick-in-the-Mud... No golf, basketball or baseball(Soccer too but no one else watches that any way).

All kidding aside... Hey Ray How ya doin ?? Good to see you back online. Thinking about getting one of the new iMacs possibly before EOY, so maybe we can kill some baddies in BF2 or whatever games I can get going.

Spent today detailing the car, clay bar, polish, wax. WHEW. I am beat. Now I know why I only do it once a year or so, what a PITA. But the car looks freaking fantastic. So maybe I ***** about being sore, I'm not really complaining, the car needed it and now it looks fantastic. I forget how great and deep the Vista Blue is. I'm thinking of getting another CDC chin, paint it and keep it around for shows. There are little rock pits all over mine and it doesn't look bad, just not great. I don't think it'll make a difference if I get a trophy or what ever (Not yet willing to start shelling out the dough for bling that is useless, IMO) but maybe it'll make me feel better when I get to a show. I dunno.

LEO... You better post some results when you get in, good or bad. But I think it'll be good. I'd bet at least a beer on you getting a best time this time. All-out assault, you'll get you 12 I know you will

Hey Brian how do you like the Prothanes? What time are you going to be at Brea?

Jed
Old 6/15/08, 12:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Did any one watch: TORCO RACING FUELS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS? The coverage in HD was amazing! I recorded it some 600 FPS footage killer!

Jed
Old 6/15/08, 12:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey Brian how do you like the Prothanes? What time are you going to be at Brea?

Jed

They're weird. So far so good, they do transmit quite a bit of vibration at idle. More than I expected. I think I'm putting power down better, marginally probably. Problem is I didn't really drive it today, spent all my time working on it though.

Brea... probably around 830-9-ish. Parking is from 8-10 and the lady I talked to said there is no reason to arrive at 8 or earlier. Taking dad out to breakfast before hand for Dad's day then heading out to Brea. Call me when you get it... I'll text you where I am once I'm parked or shortly afterwards.

The races, yeah the ESPN2 HD coverage is awesome. Especially the super-slo-mo stuff, really incredible to watch. That race was from last weekend. The next one is in New Jersey next weekend. I tell ya we gotta get the guys together and make an outing of a Friday or Saturday at Pomona. You know. Get yer eyes watery, nose running, throat burning Nitro .... how can that NOT be fun ? Besides nothing, NOTHING on this planet comes close to seeing two 8000HP cars blasting off side by side.

Last edited by habu; 6/15/08 at 12:43 AM.
Old 6/15/08, 02:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

No new time.....Couldn't get the 17's on up front because I couldn't remove the front spacers....need someone to hold brake pedal....Recorded 3-4 passes which I'll post later.....Crazy amount of people today....shaker, seats, etc going back in tomorrow never removing them again....good night....
Old 6/15/08, 06:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
No new time.....Recorded 3-4 passes which I'll post later.....Crazy amount of people today........good night....
such a tease
Old 6/15/08, 08:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

No new time.....Couldn't get the 17's on up front because I couldn't remove the front spacers....need someone to hold brake pedal....Recorded 3-4 passes which I'll post later.....Crazy amount of people today....shaker, seats, etc going back in tomorrow never removing them again....good night....
What a "kiss and goodbye" are you up now? we want #'s

Jed
Old 6/15/08, 08:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Prothane install = Complete
Congrats on the install!

After a while, you won't notice the vibrations at all. I do like the way it feels when you first kick it over.

No new time.....
Yeah, Leo called me from the track and told me about this.

How many videos you got with the sticky pod?
Old 6/15/08, 08:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads!

If your not a daddy, have a beer for us anyway.
Old 6/15/08, 09:03 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Congrats on the install!

After a while, you won't notice the vibrations at all. I do like the way it feels when you first kick it over.

Yeah, Leo called me from the track and told me about this.

Vid's yes let's see some vids. FYI some data on the Xmas tree I never knew

NHRA National Event 'Christmas Tree' Starting Line System

FULL TREE: Used in Competition, Super Stock and Stock, for which a handicap starting system is used to equalize competition. The three amber bulbs on the Christmas Tree flash consecutively five-tenths of a second apart, followed five-tenths later by the green starting light. A perfect reaction time on a full Tree is .000.

PRE-STAGE INDICATOR LIGHTS: Yellow bulbs warn drivers that they are approaching the starting line and the "staged" position.

STAGE INDICATOR LIGHTS: Signal drivers that they are on the starting line and ready for a run. These yellow bulbs come on when the front wheels of the race car interrupt the beam from a light source to the photo cells. These same photo cells start the timing equipment.

THREE AMBER STARTING SYSTEM: All three amber floodlights in a driver's lane flash simultaneously before the green light comes on. This is called a "pro start" system. Racers running in handicap categories get a countdown of one amber light at a time until the green light comes on. The "pro start" system runs with a .4-second difference between the amber and green lights, while the handicap system runs with a .5-second difference between bulbs. Many non-national event tracks still use a five-amber light.

GREEN LIGHT: This is the one that makes it all happen. Once the green light is flashed, the driver in that lane is free to make a run down the track. Any time green light is shown in a driver's lane it indicates that a fair start was accomplished.

RED LIGHT: When a car leaves the starting line before the green light comes on, or, in some cases, is staged too deeply into the staging beams, the red light will flash in that lane. It indicates the driver in that lane has been disqualified. During competition, only one red light will light, thus eliminating only the first offender.

More FUNNY CAR trivia man I'm on a roll this morning....check out this link

NHRA Funny Car Trivia

Jed

Last edited by JedCranium; 6/15/08 at 09:11 AM.
Old 6/15/08, 11:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Yep, Happy father's day to everyone....... I know I'm having a good one with my kids. And today's my birthday too, so the beer tastes especially good today.
Old 6/15/08, 11:53 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Did any one watch: TORCO RACING FUELS ROUTE 66 NHRA NATIONALS? The coverage in HD was amazing! I recorded it some 600 FPS footage killer!

Jed
that 600 FPS was incredible!

Besides nothing, NOTHING on this planet comes close to seeing two 8000HP cars blasting off side by side.
you are right on the money right there. It's absolutely incredible, especially when you can sit right by the track almost to the end.

this is rockingham, the stands are right next to the track
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-rockingham.jpg  

Last edited by StangMahn; 6/15/08 at 11:59 AM.
Old 6/15/08, 12:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

+3 Happy Father's Day
Old 6/15/08, 12:03 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
+4, and happy birthday tom!
Old 6/15/08, 12:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tom281
such a tease
Truth be told I have no idea how to get the vids off the dvd and then edit them into seperate clips. Downloading an editing program now....If I figure it out I'll post it. If not I'll wait till next weekend and hand the dvd off to Bill or Jed.

What a "kiss and goodbye" are you up now? we want #'s

Jed
8.4's with a couple of 8.5's in the mix. It was hot out there last night.

About 5. Caught of cool clip of the car in front of me catching fire.

+5
Old 6/15/08, 01:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Vid's yes let's see some vids. FYI some data on the Xmas tree I never knew

NEWB!!!
Old 6/15/08, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

Happy father's day to all and happy birthday Tom
Old 6/15/08, 06:33 PM
Cobra Member

Happy father's day everyone. Today I got back from the cabin and thought I would throw on the rear Eibachs Pros. Note that these were the Eibachs that were on ebay that were painted silver, but they were a really good price. I will keep everyone updated on how they hold up, feel, paint (chipping) etc... because if they do stand strong, they are a killer deal!
Old 6/15/08, 07:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Happy Birthday Tom!!

Happy fathers day to everyone!

Brian....How was the car show?

Officespace56....Sounds interesting! Keep us updated.
Old 6/15/08, 08:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's and Happy Birthday Tom, hope you all had a great day

NEWB!!!

DEEP STAGE FTW !!!

I'm telling ya, see a race, it's where it's at. I think at either Pomona or Fontana there will be a Nostalgia race going on. Early FED and AA/FC, AA/FA and many more. It's not a Pro race but still we gotta go.

I am F'n FRIED. Dead tired sunburnt kaput. Incredible show near 225 or so cars they announced. WAAAaaaay Different from a BCMC show. more low-key. Getting to the part to start parking sucked, don't know what the hold up was. Once the shade was gone it was broiling, but what can you do ? Parked me in between (it figures) Dealer sponsered cars from Cerritos and Advantage Ford and Stangpede, Yuck. Luckily the ricer Mustangs were on the DL, so it wasn't so bad. Still how can you compete with people of that budget ? What's the point, I get hanging with friends and all but if you gotta go up against people that get PAID to do that **** to their cars, not including 281 Motorsports cars and Stangwerks cars, why compete at all. It'd be better to show up and remove yourself from the ballot, ya know. No pretense you're there just to shoot the **** and not even worry about showing </soapbox>

I took a few not many pics except for one abomination that rivals the one from R&R last year. I might post it up here cause no sense posting 10, maybe, pics from the show in Auto-Focus.

Still so people don't think I'm just *****ing, well I am but... It was fun and a really nice show in a very nice area. Not grass & trees in HB nice, but nice. The people were all friendly and over all it was a great show. Best part is I got to hang out with my dad all day. Not we're working in the yard fun, so that for me trumps anything and everything else.

I think if I wasn't so freakin sore, tired and burnt I'd have a more positive outlook, but I'm freakin sore, tired and burnt so there

Last edited by habu; 6/15/08 at 08:20 PM.
Old 6/15/08, 08:26 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Happy Father's day to all of you fellas.

I had a great father's day.

1. My boy Dale, Jr. won his first race in 2 years.
2. Tiger came back to tie in an awesome display to force the playoff tomorrow against Rocco (45 years old, 158th in the world) Great stuff!
3. Kids gave me great presents and hugs and kisses.
4. Got to spend another fahter's day with my dad, who is the best.
5. Got to play a round of golf with my best firend, made some awesome putts (one 40' to save bogie on #2), some really long drives (330 with wind), I was up $7 on him and he talked me into double or nothing on the last hole and I bogied to his par.
6. I own an awesome Mustang that I never could have dreamed of owning in high school when I would have probably given my left *** for an '89 LX 5.0.

Anyway hope ya'lls days were as good as mine. They don't come around this good very often.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 6/15/08 at 08:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)