The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Outstanding Ford Dealers (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/outstanding-ford-dealers-402027/)

05stangkc 3/1/05 06:15 AM

There seems to be no end to the amount of Negative comments about Ford Dealers in this website and I am sure a lot of it is justified and true. But how about sharing some Positive stories! There has got to be some people out there who have some good things to relate about there Sales,Service,Parts or Body Shop dealings at a Dealer. Would it not be a good thing to praise a Dealership and have people know where to go to be treated right! I have worked in Dealerships for twenty three years and have got more positive comments from my web customers in a month than I get in a year at the store. It feels great and I would hope others could experience this also! Maybe we can all learn a little bit about what makes us satisfied consumers! I am not looking for anymore praise for myself or the Dealership I work at but would love to hear what makes your Dealership experience enjoyable! How would you like to work somewhere and have a walk in customer say I have heard great things about your store on TMS and I would like to do business with you! It would make their Day! I know it would mine! It is human nature to tell 10 people about a bad experience and maybe tell 1 about a good experience. Break the odds!

kc

Buck_Nekid 3/1/05 06:27 AM

I went to Ukiah Ford and got hooked up with Gene Locatelli. He is freindly and patient, has a great sense of humor and didn't once try to BS me about IUP or the reason for the production delay(s). When the car arrived on the convoy carrier he called. When it came time to NOT put on the front license plate, he talked to 5 or 6 guys to make sure it was done the way I wanted it (even though it is against the law in California). I even heard second hand about how he was running all over the dealership for me to get it done.

He also hooked me up with the number for the local Mustang Club and a reputable tuner.

Best car-buying experience I have ever had.

I'm thoroughly satisfied and would recommend Gene and Ukiah Ford.

Redzz2005GT 3/1/05 06:31 AM

I had a very good experience at Koons Sterling Ford in Sterling, Va. My salesman Greg Williams did a great job. Has helped with everything. I didn't receive my touch up paint from Ford, called him and went down and picked it up. I asked not to have dealer logos put on the car, I wanted to be called as soon as the truck arrived. Greg took care of everything I asked. I know its not much but he has been very responsive. I was one of the lucky ones to pick up my car 6 weeks after I put down my $500 on Nov. 19. There are good dealers out there.

Kevin thanks for the quick response on my order. Everything was great. Thanks for the calender, wheel catalog, accessory catalog and extra goodies (is more than I would have recieved from my local dealer). Don't get me wrong my sales time was great, they do need some work on their parts department. (I asked them about a locking gas cap, all the counter guy could say was there is a gas cap listed but it didn't say anything about locking). So I figured it was best to look elsewhere.

IWantMyNewGT 3/1/05 06:35 AM

If someone from the SF Bay Area knows a good one, please post!

EleanorsMine 3/1/05 06:36 AM

I got Eleanor from Ernest Mccarty Ford with JR Browning as my salesman. The sales process was top notch, and I have had nothing but good things to say about the service department. I have had an oil change and shaker replace, both positive experiences.
They are A+ in my book, and I will buy from them from now on. :nice:

TheRealOne 3/1/05 06:44 AM

Jim Dobson Ford in Winamac IN. I got a GREAT deal and even though they are 2hrs. away, it was all well worth it!!!!!! My salesman's name was Hager Tolson.

05stangGT 3/1/05 07:14 AM

Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor Michigan was definitly a positive buying experience for me. The salesman was patient and expected my thousands of calls and emails asking where my stang was. He always returned my calls and there was never any BS being played. Great dealership and would recommend to anyone. :nice:

Altoid 3/1/05 07:26 AM

Southbay Ford. If anyone is near LAX let me know.

TN615 3/1/05 07:31 AM

As I told Kevin at Tri-Ford in Southern Illinois, just outside St. Louis...
I'll never buy a Ford from anyone else!

TBird Ted 3/1/05 07:31 AM

I'm sure there are dealers out there, who are not the best. The stories on TMS show there are at least a few. However, most of the dealers do not fit the negative image.

This thread is a welcome relief from the usual complaints. While I've had some problems with my new '05, they've all been handled in a businesslike manner by Rick Ford Sales in Hemlock, Michigan. Rick Ford is a small dealer but the people there have been big on service. Service Manager Jeff James is way out in front of some of the larger dealerships. Owner John Rick was most helpful in getting my car built during the busy times at Flatrock last fall. The car was delivered at the agreed price with no last minute markups!

Hemlock is a small town near Saginaw, MI and only 15 miles from Midland, where I live. While I can't think of a bad Ford dealer near here, I can say that Rick Ford has served me well.

Ted :nice:

TKEUofM 3/1/05 07:33 AM

I went to Gorno Bros. Ford in Woodhaven, MI.

Outstanding sales and service.

I had a small service problem about 3 weeks after I got my car, all it took was one phone call and they had me in there that day. The tech came right up and got the car from me, fixed it, and it was out within a 1/2 hour.

I bought my 02 GT from Village Ford in Dearborn, MI. They were very good also.

miktvk 3/1/05 07:38 AM

Well, Sunday I went to Herb Chambers--Westboro, MA, a big volume dealer, for a GT test drive--they have 2 on the lot.

They were very honest up front, saying that if there was no serious intent or 'money in-house', GT test drives were, for the moment, not allowed. But at least there was no markup. They want to keep the miles off them, I can understand this. People have been showing up with TRAILERS to cart their new toys away showing as few miles as possible. Clearly, Ford has messed up big time with anticipated GT vs. V6 demand. This dealer was expecting inventory of 45 V6s in the next few weeks, and they were already offering substantial rebates on current V6 stock.

They were also very clear that attempting to order a GT with an automatic would be just plain futile for the rest of the year, but that manual-equipped ordering was possible. I have no reason to disbelieve this. Manager said that as a volume outfit, have some pull with Ford and could get GTs up from southern states if they were needed.

I was able to drive a very nice V6 w/auto, they were very polite, friendly, and very low pressure. I would buy from them. As with every MA dealer, the lot was packed solid with hundreds of F150s and Explorers. They must be giving them away like lollipops.

169stang 3/1/05 07:47 AM

While 3 local dealers didn't call me when they had the order forms, Bartow Ford did. I had a great experience with John Nagashige at Bartow (FL). He was in constant communication with me, keeping me up to date whenever he had info. He would get answers for questions I asked. I can't say enough about the service he and Bartow provided. I received 3 follow-up calls after the purchase as well. Once I had my car and they were showing up on the lots, the 3 local dealers started calling to let me know they had them. You snooze, you loose. I was already driving mine!

http://www.bartowford.com/

kcsherman 3/1/05 07:49 AM

If in So Cal try Cerritos Ford NO MARK UPS

kcsherman 3/1/05 07:50 AM

If in So Cal try Cerritos Ford NO MARK UPS

Donna 3/1/05 08:13 AM

Very positive experience here at George Coleman Ford in Travelers Rest SC. I started trying to order back in May and was told by all other dealerships that I could not order before pricing was released. Tommy Satterfield at George Coleman Ford placed my order on June 2, 2004 and I received my car on 10/19/04. Great dealership with excellent customer service.

hauss1 3/1/05 08:39 AM

I ended flying out to Houston Texas for mine. They had exactly what I ordered so I cancelled my order with my other dealership and wnet with Champion Ford. They were great! My sales person Robert came and picked up my wife and I from the airport and took us to the dealership. Everybody that worked there came up and spoke. They all seemed amazed that we had flown 800 miles from Georgia to purchase the car. Heck they even bought us lunch from a really good italian restaurant down the street. Everybody there was extremely nice and I would definitly consider buying from them again.

kerafaith 3/1/05 08:41 AM

Steve Williams Ford ~ Lawrenceburg Tennessee.

They have went above & beyond calling the plant, allocations office, the railyards, the scheduling offices, etc for me, just to get me info on my car. They're the best. Ask for Joe, he's the gm.

Zastava_101 3/1/05 08:46 AM

You know what really stinks about car dealsers? You go there, you test drive a car (or SUV or Truck), you like it, you're ready to buy it and then they tell you that they haven't told you right price. I almost bought 2001 Lincoln Navigator with all options last summer, but dealer increased price by over $6,000. I think from now I'll buy cars from private sellers.

05stangkc 3/1/05 08:48 AM

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!

kc

05stangkc 3/1/05 08:51 AM

Originally posted by Red Star@March 1, 2005, 7:49 AM
You know what really stinks about car dealsers? You go there, you test drive a car (or SUV or Truck), you like it, you're ready to buy it and then they tell you that they haven't told you right price. I almost bought 2001 Lincoln Navigator with all options last summer, but dealer increased price by over $6,000. I think from now I'll buy cars from private sellers.

You missed the Point Red ,we know there are Turkeys out there but hopefully you will be close to a good one as related by our TMS members!

kc

Stustang05 3/1/05 08:55 AM

Prince Frederick Ford, Prince Frederick, Maryland, and salesperson Allison Markward were wonderful! They kept me informed, got me my GT in only seven weeks (even earlier than promised!), and were completely hassle-free. I recommend them to anyone. They are a great small-town dealer that is interested in building repeat business! :-D

yur1279 3/1/05 08:55 AM

McCarville Ford in Centereach NY. No hassles, smooth transaction. A+

88BlownRagtop 3/1/05 10:10 AM

If in Northern California try Maita Ford. No mark-ups policy on all cars including a GT I saw on Saturday when I took my PSD in for service. Great service department as well! :(

XG14 3/1/05 11:10 AM

Try York Ford in Saugus, MA.
Bob Bailey their salesman is an up- front guy.

EleanorsMine 3/1/05 12:03 PM

Originally posted by yur1279@March 1, 2005, 10:58 AM
McCarville Ford in Centereach NY. No hassles, smooth transaction. A+

I can vouch- came within a crackhair of ordering from them. Great dealer :nice:

LLG05 3/1/05 12:20 PM

Well, for me, NOBODY beats Paul @ Van Bortel Ford, NY. This guy & dealership is the Best in the Country! :-D If you think I'm kidding, call him! NO Hassle or pricing to deal with! :nice: EVERYONE gets a Great deal $200 Under Dealer Invoice. :worship:
Dave...

holderca1 3/1/05 12:36 PM

Went with Treadwell Ford in Mobile, AL, didn't have to haggle for a price, car delivered 7 weeks after ordering it and I never even had to step foot inside the dealership.

PACETTR 3/1/05 12:41 PM

Joe Cooper Ford of Yukon, OK

I purchased my Mustang from Barrett Determan and I treated myself very well, thank you very much...top notch guy! :jester:

outdoorstom 3/1/05 12:48 PM

I ordered from C&M Ford in Massena, Ny. My salesman Ted Scott was completely upfront, telling me they had no allocations when I ordered. He has been very patient considering all the emails and phone calls he gets from me. I would highly recommend C&M! :nice:

761 MPH 3/1/05 01:47 PM

Anyone in the cleveland, ohio area recommend an "outstanding Ford dealer"? I am looking to purchase next year - very possibly an SVT (when and if available)

Thanks!

jeremeyp 3/1/05 02:06 PM

Grand Ledge Ford in Grand Ledge, MI (just outside of Lansing). They've been great through the whole process. Our Mustang is the third vehicle we've bought from them.

htwag 3/1/05 02:35 PM

In Raleigh, NC the man to speak to is Andy Jackson at Capitial Ford.
Upfront, honest, hard-working, and great with after sales problems.
Example: I'm a teacher, when I bought my GT, he gave me an apple.

A decent person!

flight96 3/1/05 04:34 PM

:canada: If your in the Vancouver/Victoria area go see John at Richport Ford in Richmond!! :nice: Great guy, very friendly and he won't give ya any BS ...Richport Ford ... :canada: Tell him Ken fron Victoria sent ya!! :nice:

SixtySix 3/1/05 04:42 PM

You can read my glowing review of my dealership here!

2bone123 3/1/05 04:52 PM

I had a very positive buying experience when I chose VARSITY FORD in Ann Arbor Mi.. Mary Waxer was very informed on the product and with a $200.00 deposit she ordered and delivered my Mustang in about 7wks.,accepted Z plan pricing and provided me with a third key at no additional charge. There was no surprises at closing and I would HIGHLY recommend them.

srfan 3/1/05 04:58 PM

Got mine from TEAM Ford Las Vegas. Dennis Carroll was salesman and Candace Marlow was my contact when I emailed the dealership. She is awesome always quick response and a great go between so I did not have to call all the time. Got my DORA day after ordered, she even emailed me the railcar number my car was in. Dennis was great in making sure the financing got through at the monthly payment I wanted. Called me the next day to make sure everything was great, and called me again a week later to follow up. Brought my car in for the global window feature that did not work, and Dennis also called me to make sure I was treated good.

Siggy 3/1/05 08:25 PM

I bought my GT convertible from Hoflander Ford in Higginsville, MO (about and hour east of KC). Keven Hoflander was great to deal with. I highly recommend them!
:nice:

kcrw898 3/1/05 08:31 PM

Originally posted by TKEUofM@March 1, 2005, 9:36 AM

I had a small service problem about 3 weeks after I got my car, all it took was one phone call and they had me in there that day. The tech came right up and got the car from me, fixed it, and it was out within a 1/2 hour.

Well in Dearborn, they have to be good.

05Stang_WI 3/1/05 08:42 PM

Well experience isn’t over yet, but so far I've been very impressed with Mark Levey and Ty Conrad at D I C K_ Brantmeier Ford in Sheboygan Wisconsin. :nice:
I think Mark is as excited about this car as I am. Quote: 'I can't wait for it this one to show up!'. The Dealership is actually over an hour drive north of where I live, but the difference from local dealers is well... refreshing. They are a smaller dealership and specialize mostly in Ford truck sales, but they have some Mustang allocations and I'm first on their wait list. Hey don’t even think about bumping me! I’m so impressed I’m having additional work done when my GT arrives.

hgriz 3/1/05 09:04 PM

I've thought of starting a thread like this several times but always got sidetracked. I think it's a great idea to give kudo's to those good dealers that are out there since there seem to be so many bad ones.

I had a great experince at Gene Messer Ford in Lubbock, TX. Bill Varner was my salesman and he was a great guy. I got my GT under sticker and when it didn't arrive when they said it would they called the Main offices, shipping companies, etc. till they found my car. Turned out it was on the way and I got it that evening.

When I buy another car I will probably go there because it was the most hassle free buying experince I've ever had.

harleybill 3/2/05 08:54 AM

My dealer wasn't sure about the x plan so when I signed the deal, I signed at no worse than msrp (that was way back in May of 2004). Not too long after that, they told me that they would do the x plan and that obviously saved me a bunch of money. Rick, Rick and Darryl were great to work with and it was truly a good transaction. I must admit it would have been interesting had I not had all of the info from this site and others. Having the knowledge beforehand really makes a difference. I still stop over at the dealership since it's only a few miles from my house just to BS with those guys. The dealer is PARK FORD in Tallmadge, OHIO (previously Mark Ford). From what I hear, it's nothing like Mark Ford was. Definitely A+++. :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice:

pwt13 3/2/05 09:12 AM

Originally posted by harleybill@March 2, 2005, 11:57 AM
My dealer wasn't sure about the x plan so when I signed the deal, I signed at no worse than msrp (that was way back in May of 2004). Not too long after that, they told me that they would do the x plan and that obviously saved me a bunch of money. Rick, Rick and Darryl were great to work with and it was truly a good transaction. I must admit it would have been interesting had I not had all of the info from this site and others. Having the knowledge beforehand really makes a difference. I still stop over at the dealership since it's only a few miles from my house just to BS with those guys. The dealer is PARK FORD in Tallmadge, OHIO (previously Mark Ford). From what I hear, it's nothing like Mark Ford was. Definitely A+++. :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice:

Do you have a last name for the salesman, I ordered a GT deluxe from Legacy in Brunswick via Z-plan on the 19th of Feb. and still no DORA or paperwork other the than the VOC. I think I'm being yanked around a little. Plus they wanted $2K upfront to place it, though they put in writing I could have it back when the car was delivered. Does this sound right? Maybe they don't want to sell mine for $23,234.86 + tax. Which I know is a steal! Sticker is $26,265+tax. Should I try to get my deposit back and head down to Park?

walc 3/2/05 10:07 AM

On 2/11/05, I bought my GT, at Norris Ford, in Easton, MD.
It was the only dealership, within 150 miles, where I could find an in-stock GT, at X-Plan price ( $30 over invoice on my car ).
The sales mgr, Jay Fox, and sales rep, Nicole Frigon, were very nice and didn't play any games. I rate them - A+.

Stadifer 3/2/05 10:39 AM

Is there anyone from the West Coast on here??? Specifically Washington & Oregon! I've been having issues with virtually every dealership I've spoken too.

:dunno:

ETNOATS 3/2/05 11:01 AM

I ordered from North County Ford in Vista, CA in Dec (AAA discount). Good salesman but still C/U. Regular salesman Brian was pretty good. Went to Mossy Ford in Mission Bay and almost bought a Silver GT. David C. was the salesman. Pretty cool set up, you only talk to one person the whole time. No back and forth from sales to finance. No mark ups either. Went back last night and Teri (found from this site) changed a car they had on order to what I wanted. Hopefully will be here in 2-4 weeks. She really knew quite abit about the 05. That made all the difference. A really straight forward operation.

:nice: :nice: :nice:

markski74 3/2/05 11:02 AM

My involvement with Harold Zeigler Ford in Elkhart, Indiana goes back to when the Mustangs first came out. They were the first dealership in the area (about 40 sq miles) to get the new cars in and they allowed test drives. I didn't even have to ask. The salesman suggested it. That, as well as the conduct of the sales force was a stark contrast from all the other Ford dealerships I visited in the area.

I ordered my car on X-plan a couple of weeks ago. Jeff, the Sales Manager and Joel, the Manager have proven themselves to be pleasureable to work with. They have a larger allocation than the other area dealerships so I would recommend anyone considering a Mustang to go and see them. I look forward to a continued positive relationship with Harold Zeigler.

05stangkc 3/17/05 12:37 PM

Time to KICKSTART this forum! Any more Positive Dealer experiences out there!

kc

05windveilbluegt 3/17/05 12:40 PM

I had a great experience with my salesman Dean Byard at Crown Ford in Nashville. I got my car for sticker and the experience with everyone at the dealer has been positive
I'm taking it in for an oil change on saturday and then to have them look at the clunking noise from the front end on monday morning. so hopefully that won't change when I deal with the service department

pwt13 3/17/05 12:56 PM

I have had a geat experience so far with Jeff "Orson" Wells of Mullinax Ford in Amherst, Ohio (about 20 miles west of Cleveland). He's a no BS guy and has been upfront and honest with me from the get-go! Anyone in the Cleveland area still getting the run around from their dealer needs to give him a call. Direct # is 440-984-2431 or 1-800-GET-FORD. My Dad, my brother and myself have bought almost 20 cars in the last 10 years or so from these guys and they always come through for us. The only reason I tried the other dealership (read my sig.) is because it is down the street. What a mistake!

wsmatau 3/17/05 01:23 PM

Gulf Breeze Ford in the Florida Panhandle. It is only one of five dealers within 50 miles that would accept X-plan. The car took four months to build and deliver, but none of that was the dealership's fault. They were very professional and honest. PM me and I'll give you a full rundown and who I dealt with! :nice:

66K2Plus2 3/17/05 02:49 PM

My salesman (Roger S.) was on top of the ball! Always! :nice: The Service Dept ( Susan, Boyd, Joan, and Jimmy) are simply outstanding!! In today's world of the bottom line these Ladies and Gentlemen know how to take care of their customers! (and there cars) True professionals. This team of pros work at "Mike Shad Ford At The Avenues" in Jacksonville Florida. So, if you are in town, and you even think your pony has a problem, these are the people to see. They will take care of you. :flag: :yes:

Hugo6705 3/17/05 03:00 PM

For the Birmingham, Alabama area, Valley Ford/Mercury in Oneonta is worth checking out. See Jim Sumpter or Jimmy Buckner. Phone number: 800-239-FORD

jwede 3/17/05 03:09 PM

Keast Ford in Harlan Iowa

I called them about my order yesterday telling them I'm thinking about passing on the 05 for a new F-150. I was only kidding but they were a little dissapointed...

"You can't do that, not after we burned our convertible allocation to get your car....."

You have to love a dealer that will do that.

3RD1 3/17/05 03:16 PM

The Ford Store of Morgan Hill; California

I had nothing but good experiences from these guys. Everything they said they'd do they did. When I ordered my car they told me 8-10 weeks. It was delivered 10 weeks to the day. Since I've got it they've contacted me 3 times asking if all was well and if not to bring it in and whatever the problem is they will take care of it ASAP. So far........no problems.

You want great service....go see these guys. :nice:

dekujala 3/17/05 03:52 PM

I ordered mine for Victor Ford in Wauconda, IL http://www.victorford.com
They are actually referred to as Victor Motorsports since they do performance upgraded as well. They also sell Saleen.
I haven't received mine yet, but they tell me next week, which makes it a 6 week turn around from order to delivery.

Everyone at the dealership has been super helpfull and friendly, very nice sales staff. When you walk in the door someone greets you and asks to help you. They are not the salesman, and are very helpfull getting a salesmen or whomever you may need for assistance.
My salesman was great in assisting me, no hasles. Only thing is I paid MSRP, he told me thats all Victor was selling them for, also told me they never sell for above MSRP, which I told him another dealer tried with me. When I called for my first status update he had to go have his sales manager look it up. I told him I would wait and next thing the sales manager picked up and said he knew I said I could wait, but didn't want to keep me waiting. So I chatted with him a little while he was looking up my order.
So far nothing but friendly straight forward service from Victor for me. Hopefully it continues once I get my car and any future service visits I may make (hopefully none with the new 05)

Hopefully I will have an enthusiastic salesman calling me next week telling me I can come pick up my car :-D

Stubbies 3/17/05 07:18 PM

Good idea to get something positive. I can throw mine into the hat, because I think I did good for myself for NOT having one of the plans when I walked into this deal.

I dealt with Edward Grabowski over at Tom Jones Ford in Buckeye, Arizona. Being outside of the Phoenix city limits also dropped the city part of the sales tax, which dropped my total paid by a nice $530 ish dollars. I had already gotten an agreement at Pioneer Ford to get 1000 over invoice for a '05, but had switched thanks to the fact that I was going to save 530 bucks and because Ed is ex-military, I am still in.

Ed was a straight shooter with me from day 1, and I got the car in exactly 2 months from when it was ordered (Oct 14 to Dec 14). He knew how I felt about the car, and made sure to hide it after it showed up, so no one to see the new Stang and want a test drive in it. I took it over with 11 miles on it. I had also gotten in on the American Quarter Horse deal (pay 30 for a year membership, save 500 off the car, can't beat that). So add in the 530 saved from taxes and the 470 from the AQHA discount, and it would have been the same as getting it from Pioneer, or any of the in city dealerships for 470 over invoice.

Being able to do that and have one of the very few new Stangs for awhile AND get a good deal for the car and I give a hearty :nice: to Tom Jones Ford, Buckeye, Arizona.

adrenalin 3/17/05 07:23 PM

If you are in the Sarnia, Ontario area, check out Lambton Ford. Sales guys are great to deal with and they have an amazing service department. I'm not even being paid to say stuff like this.

scode 3/17/05 08:26 PM

Originally posted by kcrw898+March 1, 2005, 9:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kcrw898 @ March 1, 2005, 9:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TKEUofM@March 1, 2005, 9:36 AM

[/b][/quote]

eyelleye 3/17/05 08:27 PM

Originally posted by Stadifer@March 2, 2005, 8:42 AM
Is there anyone from the West Coast on here??? Specifically Washington & Oregon! I've been having issues with virtually every dealership I've spoken too.

Yeah... bein in the SE Alaska region myself, Im kinda interested in hearing from anyone in the pacific northwest. My local dealer (Evergreen Ford in Juneau, Alaska) has been "nice" up to this point, but not what what I would call communicative.

Anyone from the Pacific Northwest have any good experiences?

scode 3/17/05 08:29 PM

Originally posted by kcrw898+March 1, 2005, 9:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kcrw898 @ March 1, 2005, 9:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-TKEUofM@March 1, 2005, 9:36 AM

[/b][/quote]

Nazgul 3/24/05 10:34 PM

Originally posted by seahawksstang@March 2, 2005, 12:04 PM
I ordered from North County Ford in Vista, CA in Dec (AAA discount). Good salesman but still C/U. Regular salesman Brian was pretty good. Went to Mossy Ford in Mission Bay and almost bought a Silver GT. David C. was the salesman. Pretty cool set up, you only talk to one person the whole time. No back and forth from sales to finance. No mark ups either. Went back last night and Teri (found from this site) changed a car they had on order to what I wanted. Hopefully will be here in 2-4 weeks. She really knew quite abit about the 05. That made all the difference. A really straight forward operation.

:nice: :nice: :nice:

I'd recommend even if you're in LA Teri at Mossy is worth the drive down to San Diego and the dealership will give you a decent price.

Mark05GTCon 3/24/05 10:44 PM

Harrold Ford in Sacramento www.harroldford.com talk to Sara the internet manager. No markups, no surprises - a great experience. Last I heard they had a Windveil Blue GT Vert on the way that is unspoken for (sell MSRP). Check them out - buy it before it gets off the truck!

1NewStang 3/24/05 11:00 PM

I'll also give Mossy Ford and Terri a big :nice: I'll also give there service department a :nice: :nice: They have been great about working out the bugs that we are all finding in this first run of these stangs..From the upper strut bearings to the cd players and missing bolts..all changed no questions asked..
Great Job Mossy Ford :D

KenP 3/24/05 11:37 PM

I had a great experience with my dealer. I dealt with Kimnach Ford in Norfolk, VA. Salesman was a fellow Mustang guy, Gordon Walker.

Rogue6 3/25/05 06:02 AM

I am getting mine from Tony G (Fleet Manager) at Ron Carter Ford in Alvin, TX (outside of Houston). I called him Wednesday, made an appointment for Friday at 4:15. I was done with the ordering process in 10 minutes, then we sat and talked mustangs. He has a gorgeous '94 (I think) convertible. He called last Monday and said I should be built this monday (28th) :banana: .

Unfortunately, my student loan fell through and my money saved up for the down payment just paid my tuition. And, the buyer for my truck is thinking about backing out. Three weeks to make $2000 and find a buyer for my truck! I love a challenge.

Anyone interested in a 2003 F150 Supercab Flareside XL Sport?

smallpurpleants 3/25/05 06:05 AM

A special thanks goes out to James Figurrell and the rest of his team at Leif Johnson in Austin. They did an outstanding job in every way and put forth 200% effort into the deal from the day I called to get a price to my first oil change. Thanks guys.

graphicguy 3/25/05 06:23 AM

Took delivery of mine last night from Farifield Ford (OH) just outside of Cincinnati.

Brad Hauck is the sales manager and was great to work with. He kept me "in the loop" all the way through on my X plan order. Transaction when smoothly. As per the plan, he noted that they price protected me since I had ordered before the raise in prices. The only extra charge was $30 for temp tags. They waved the $100 doc fee since I was an X plan order. It was 7 weeks from the date of the order until it was sitting in my driveway.

I actually got mine uncer invoice if you cosider the higher prices of the same ones coming out of the factory right now.

513-829-8000

Tell them the "RX8 guy" sent you over and they'll send me a $50 bill. They also have allotment left for '05 Mustangs.

cgallo52 3/25/05 06:29 AM

TOWER FORD,
124A South Middle Neck Road
Great Neck, NY 11021
Phone: (516) 466-6400
Fax: (516) 466-6456

rates A++++ in my book. I've purchased several Fords from them, great prices, service and Yes, I drove the salesman crazy from June (order) until November (delivery) until my 2005 Mustang GT arrived...
Highly reccommended... (I'll probably drive John D crazy about the new Shelby Cobra now) :banana: :banana: :banana:

05-blkgt 3/25/05 07:47 AM

My dealer was great, they changed one of thier orders and I got my car within a month of ordering,,and it is a small town of about ten thousand, Trier Ford in Columbia City, Indiana

NolanzDad 3/25/05 07:59 AM

Originally posted by miktvk@March 1, 2005, 9:41 AM
Well, Sunday I went to Herb Chambers--Westboro, MA, a big volume dealer, for a GT test drive--they have 2 on the lot.

They were very honest up front, saying that if there was no serious intent or 'money in-house', GT test drives were, for the moment, not allowed. But at least there was no markup. They want to keep the miles off them, I can understand this. People have been showing up with TRAILERS to cart their new toys away showing as few miles as possible. Clearly, Ford has messed up big time with anticipated GT vs. V6 demand. This dealer was expecting inventory of 45 V6s in the next few weeks, and they were already offering substantial rebates on current V6 stock.

They were also very clear that attempting to order a GT with an automatic would be just plain futile for the rest of the year, but that manual-equipped ordering was possible. I have no reason to disbelieve this. Manager said that as a volume outfit, have some pull with Ford and could get GTs up from southern states if they were needed.

I was able to drive a very nice V6 w/auto, they were very polite, friendly, and very low pressure. I would buy from them. As with every MA dealer, the lot was packed solid with hundreds of F150s and Explorers. They must be giving them away like lollipops.

That's very interesting...seeing how their sister dealership, Herb Chambers Ford in Braintree,MA was/is marking up GTs at $5,000 over MSRP!!

Webba 3/25/05 08:21 AM

I ordered mine from Clair Ford in Saco Maine. I paid list price but no premiums. I have been told by 2 other area dealers that there is a premium and they are getting it. BS. They can rape someone else. I have bought 3 other vehciles for my company from Clair and they have been excellent. Only bad thing is I take my service work to the crappy dealer because they are 4 miles from me. Clair is 20 miles away. I know 20 isnt far but when you are busy and cant spare employees to hang out to get an oil change and tires rotated it becomes a pain. We send 2 guys down with 2 of the cars usually and they get a quick shuttle back. I am just not happy with the service work they have done on our F-350. I have been on the fence about going back to Clair for service work. I guess 1 trip there and getting it done right the first time is better than 3 trips to the close by dealer. And for the service I got from Clair on this Mustang they have once again earned it.

Galaxie 3/25/05 09:49 AM

For members in the Toronto area,

Whiteoak Ford in Mississauga is one of the best dealers around

I reccomend talking to Steve Davidson

woody1 3/26/05 09:11 PM

Originally posted by 1NewStang@March 25, 2005, 12:03 AM
I'll also give Mossy Ford and Terri a big :nice: I'll also give there service department a :nice: :nice: They have been great about working out the bugs that we are all finding in this first run of these stangs..From the upper strut bearings to the cd players and missing bolts..all changed no questions asked..
Great Job Mossy Ford :D

:nice: Ditto Tracy's comments.
:banana: Kudo's to Teri; she is the best I've ever dealt with from a sales point. Danielle and John in service can't be beat.
:-D Believe Mossy is discounting MSRP if it's in inventory and MSRP if ordering. Passed by today and saw a Yellow Vert that just came in as well as several Saleen's

Lord Chabelo 3/26/05 09:41 PM

Glad to hear that about Leif Johnson. I put down my name down for a Shelby GT500 with them today.

Casa Ford in El Paso, Texas, gets a praise from me. Top notch service. Bought my to mustangs from Daniel Martinez.

Treadhead 3/27/05 12:10 AM

I had a very good experience with Texas Motors Ford and my salesman Trey Vardeman. I gave him a piece of paper with everything I wanted listed with codes and price(inv and MSRP) we made a deal and shook hands on it. I gave him my $500 deposit(not cashed until the car arrived and papers signed) and didn't ask for anything in writing. I got my DORA 2 days later when I visited a Yellow Mustang Registry carshow at the dealership. My order came about 1 1/2 months later than predicted due to the IUP fiasco which also caused an allocation issue. They did call the Regional Ordering Boss and managed to wrangle me an allocation(probably because they were tired of hearing me ask about it). The car was finally pulled the same week they called about it and delivery went great. No unexpected price hikes or sneaky underhanded tricks. I didn't expect any but some of y'alls stories had me worried. The owner even came in to talk to me when heard I was there directly from the hospital 2 days after back surgery( I think he thought I was nuts). So to sum it up, everything was great overall which is why this was the fourth vehicle I've purchased from them. :nice:

05Mustangfan 3/27/05 12:32 AM

Swanson-Fahrney Ford of Selma

ask for Gurdeep, and he'll make magic happen

DENVER05GT 3/27/05 01:03 AM

Phil Long Ford of Chapel Hills Colorado Springs! They Rock! Agreed to Xplan and delivered as promised.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :nice:

moze 3/27/05 01:37 AM

Yep. I will dog-pile on the kudo's for Mossy Ford in San Diego. No mark-ups, very patient. Got my VOC in 30 minutes and my DORA the next morning (they even faxed it to me) with a starting priority of 25.

They also get great allocation and have had at least one V6, GT and Saleen on the lot any time I go by.

This will be my third Ford from them in 13 years.

69stang351w 3/27/05 02:57 AM

Great job done for me!
Cutter Ford Aiea,Hawaii did as they promised.
They honored my plan and kept me up to date
with my car. I know for a fact that they could
have made alot more on my car, but kept to
our deal. Hats off to team manager Pete Badua
for sticking with what he quoted. When I was picking
up my car, guys were asking to buy it. My GT was the
only GT there. Thanks Cutter for keeping your word!
Happy Trails!!

:drive:

94tbird 3/27/05 08:27 AM

I had a great experience at Shultz Ford in Nanuet, NY. He was the only dealer willing to take me seriously as i am 22 years old. They didnt laugh at me and even let me test drive one on the lot. They accepted X-Plan with no problem and with my not so good credit, got me financing and everything. the entire deal went so smoothly i would definately get a car from them again. the other dealerin the area, David Ford treated me as a 13 year old kid who wasnt serious until i was walking out and flashed my $500 deposit then they tried to sit me down.

05WindveilGT 3/27/05 08:33 AM

Fred Beans Ford, West Chester Pa, ordered 11/16/04 - Received 2/18/05, no $ over invoice and no mark-up!!! Friendly staff and great atmosphere!!

Matt

05stangkc 4/24/05 10:04 AM

Anymore?

05mach1 4/24/05 10:27 AM

Moss Ford, in St,Albans, WV one best Ford dealership Tri-state area when a 05 Mustangs
comes in they sale them in two days I got mine $500 under invoice.

teddybear1255 4/24/05 11:50 AM

Mike Patton Ford in Opelika, Alabama. Butch Adkins, salesman, and Mac MacDonald, Finance Manager.
Both were excellent to deal with. I'd already spotted this car on the dealership site, and we had seen it on the lot soon after that, after hours. So, a couple of weeks later, we walked in, told Butch that if they were right on the price and took the X-Plan, we could be driving that car off the lot that night. They said, OK. We got the car for about $30 over invoice, no hassles!
I would recommend this dealership to anyone. They even let us test drive the car without anyone from the dealership with us!

anthonydg 4/24/05 03:00 PM

My transaction isn't over yet, so ..... But I have been very pleased with Lighthouse Ford and Jimmie Nunes in Falmouth MA. They were very straight on the negotiation and gave me what I believe to have been the truth as to their allocation status. I'm not eligible for any plan, but I bought it for less than sticker. Jimmie has kept me up to date on status since I ordered and genuinely sounds pleased to hear from me when I call him between his calls to me. My GT vert has been built and is in convoy now. I should have it next week. I'll update you then.
Tony

stkdidy 4/24/05 03:08 PM

Downtown Ford in Sacramento, California. great people, easy to work with, good price

RRRoamer 4/24/05 06:04 PM

I bought my GT from Vision Ford in Alamogordo New Mexico on D plan. The regional rep said it was only the second Mustang in his region (includes Colorado) that was sold on D plan. And the first GT. Both D plans were sold at Vision Ford. And for full disclosure, my Mom works there.

Frank Paterson was the salesmen I worked with and my family has worked with him in the past on a few other sales as well. He was the one that gave me a gas chit and the keys to a black GT during Thanksgiving and told me to have a good time... I did.

All I can say is that EVERYONE at this dealership took GREAT care of me and my car. They really went out of there way to make this a great experience for me at all levels, from the sales department, to the dealer owner, to the office ladies.

I guess the best way to sum it up is that when I get in the market to replace my truck (with a F250 SD diesel/auto crew cab 4x4), I will be calling them up again. Give them a call at 505-434-4800 and see what they can do for you.

Mr. Ed 4/24/05 06:51 PM

I drove 360 miles to Country Ford in Tyndall SD but it was worth BOTH trips! I went down in March and picked up my new Mustang GT (slightly below invoice). Ford still hasn't pulled my order from 12/16/04 - nice job.

I went back down there the first weekend of April to pick up a new Escape. He beat a friend of mine's (Minneapolis dealer) price by $3,000. Actually, he gave me what the blue book said my trade was worth. Both vehicles at or below invoice and a fair trade in value.

Joe Plihal couldn't have been better to work with either. He's been doing this for over 30 years but the way he handled both transactions you would think he just got in the car business. He went through every aspect of both vehicles and the owner manuals too. Then he actually called a few days later just to see how the vehicle was doing.

If you're in the Midwest call Joe toll free 888-877-5035 and tell him I said hello and thanks again!

ekessler507 4/24/05 07:03 PM

Glad to hear that quite a few folks DID have a good experience! :D

Thanks for starting the thread Kevin! :nice:

Hopefully, I will be able to add the purchase of my wife's to the list. :dunno:

EK

NuPony05 4/25/05 07:45 AM

Wish I could add to this. Unfortunately that is not the case. I can't get a straight word out of my dealership to save my life, and they seem like they could care less. They have my deposit, and if I decide to cancel, they would just turn around and sell the car for $3K markup.

KizerSoze 4/25/05 09:18 AM

Park Cities Ford Dallas Texas. Talk to Richard DeMeglio.

trublustang03 4/25/05 09:32 AM

so any positive experiences with any dealers in NJ?

I want to order my 06!!! :-D

05mach1 4/25/05 09:36 AM

Originally posted by NuPony05@April 25, 2005, 7:48 AM
Wish I could add to this. Unfortunately that is not the case. I can't get a straight word out of my dealership to save my life, and they seem like they could care less. They have my deposit, and if I decide to cancel, they would just turn around and sell the car for $3K markup.

Sorry hear what happen try buy your Mustang man,

come on down at my Ford Dealership ,St Albans WV at Moses Ford, here their website http://www.mosesford.com
they sold ten 05 Mustangs this week.

Ask for Cliff that's who brought mine from. this is best Ford dealersip in tri-state area. :nice:

southern_stang_girlee 4/25/05 09:39 AM

:banana: Jan Thigpen at DON BOHNS FORD in Louisiana is the man! :banana:

He not only talked me out of a 2004, but put me into the best car I have ever had! He was patient and friendly. He also has called me and sent letters to check if I am having any problems.

*Link to the dealership in my signature

TexasVert 4/25/05 10:59 AM

Pegues Hurst Ford Longview, Texas. 2 hours east of Dallas, Texas

Salesman: Brandon Stone

Made promises and kept everyone!! $750 over invoice on a '05 GT convertible

Hey KizerSoze: What sort of deal did you get at Park Cities Ford??????

Torker 2 4/25/05 11:23 AM

Does anyone have any suggestions for a dealer in the Northwest Missouri area??

Kluski 4/26/05 08:57 AM

I bought my car from Jim Bortz at Tom Clark Ford in Greensburg, PA (Near Pittsburgh). I had left a dealer that screwed me. I made a few calls. This was one of the only salesman that said he already had a car on order that he could put my name on. I did and with in three weeks the car arrived.

One a better note, I was going to use X-Plan. But it was the kind that can only be used by the actual X-plan holder and their spouce. I was a step-child. Well the saleman worked a deal with a friend of his and got me the X-plan with friends and family. So I was still able to use the X-plan and not have my step-dad drive 8 hours to sign paperwork.

I recommend him to others in the area. One guy just ordered a GT from him, so I get a $100 referal bonus.

Ponycar 5/4/05 10:19 AM

Originally posted by trublustang03@April 25, 2005, 11:35 AM
so any positive experiences with any dealers in NJ?

I want to order my 06!!! :-D

Elmwood Ford in Elmwood Park has always done a good job for me. It's a small dealership in Northern NJ. I ordered my 1987 Mustang from there and the salesperson is still there (in a management role now, I think.) When I bought my car last week off the lot, the transaction was as smooth as silk. Even the financing and "extras" experience was good. No hassles, no pressure and they gave me a fair deal on my trade-in.

It's good that you're ordering because they usually do not have a big choice on the lot. My salesperson's name is Basil.

Lime05owner 5/4/05 11:05 AM

Dale Jarret Ford
Indian Springs, NC
Dave Andreanos (Fleet Sales Manager)

Met Dave at a Mustang show sponsored by dealership. Spent a long weekend looking (and dickering) with dealers in the Charlotte Area. Called Dave on Monday at 9am..her personally delivered it to me at 1:30pm....I am 69 miles from the dealership. When I called and told him which one I wanted he quoted me exactly sticker (which at the time some people were poo-pooing..."wait...they'll get cheaper"...we ALL know how that turned out).
Great salesman and dealer...too bad they are too far away for service.

Wade Ford
Kings Mountain, NC
"Libby" Service Supervisor

Get all my maintenance done by them. Quick and Courteous. When my shaker went out they had never pulled or taken apart the dash. (VERY small dealership). They suggested driving to Charlotte and getting one of the bigger dealerships to switch it out (they didn't have a replacment and said it would probably be 2-3 weeks). Too bad the dealer I used wasn't as honest or trustworthy.

:notnice:
Earl Tindoll Ford
Gastonia, NC
Sales: Didn't catch his name
I already had issues with this dealership on a new 97 Explorer Purchase...and when I spent my "power weekend" shopping for cars was literally told that "...you are crazy for wanting an 05...I got great deals on 04's....they look better and are faster anyway.." by a salesman. I had barely gotten out my car before he descended like a hungy buzzard on roadkill. After hearing that...My wife and I got back in the car and went somewhere else.
Service: Sam
This was the "bigger" dealership I took my Shaker to. Seemed ok...until they said they "..don't replace the radio...we send it out to be fixed...HOWEVER we have a custom audio department next door...we can offer a discount for anything there.."
:mad: Quoted fixing time - 2-3 weeks (should have just let Wade Ford do it). I visited "C&R Custom Audio and Wheels" which is actually a seperate company (?) the cheapest radio they had was $499 (withOUT installation). No thanks. Took it back 13 days later (it still had the Bad Disk Disease). They were nice and "found" another one to install (??)...now 1 week later...Getting Bad Disks on the new one.

Town and Country
During my "power weekend" this was the ONLY dealer that had NO GT's but about 9 V-6's models. The sales guy said they had one (!?!) coming in. They said the V6 would sell better :scratch: Prices were ok.

Harrelson Ford
Good guys...had 2 white GT's (one stick, one auto) saw several young guys rebuffed from test drives (Cars were still in plastic, no antenna, wheel centers...etc). Alton Devrie said they had litterally come off the truck that morning. He said no problem with a test drive...got BOTH sets of keys so I could see which one I liked better. Talked a little price with the sales manager...seemed fair (remember this was Nov 04...before all the "adjustments" started). I just didn't want white (nothing bad...just didn't like it with parchment). They said they didn't know when / if they would get a Legend Lime in.
Walked away as friends....

Remember this was in Novemer 04....things might have changed...

Jay