General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Outstanding Ford Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/05, 06:15 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
There seems to be no end to the amount of Negative comments about Ford Dealers in this website and I am sure a lot of it is justified and true. But how about sharing some Positive stories! There has got to be some people out there who have some good things to relate about there Sales,Service,Parts or Body Shop dealings at a Dealer. Would it not be a good thing to praise a Dealership and have people know where to go to be treated right! I have worked in Dealerships for twenty three years and have got more positive comments from my web customers in a month than I get in a year at the store. It feels great and I would hope others could experience this also! Maybe we can all learn a little bit about what makes us satisfied consumers! I am not looking for anymore praise for myself or the Dealership I work at but would love to hear what makes your Dealership experience enjoyable! How would you like to work somewhere and have a walk in customer say I have heard great things about your store on TMS and I would like to do business with you! It would make their Day! I know it would mine! It is human nature to tell 10 people about a bad experience and maybe tell 1 about a good experience. Break the odds!

Thanks
kc
Old 3/1/05, 06:27 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to Ukiah Ford and got hooked up with Gene Locatelli. He is freindly and patient, has a great sense of humor and didn't once try to BS me about IUP or the reason for the production delay(s). When the car arrived on the convoy carrier he called. When it came time to NOT put on the front license plate, he talked to 5 or 6 guys to make sure it was done the way I wanted it (even though it is against the law in California). I even heard second hand about how he was running all over the dealership for me to get it done.

He also hooked me up with the number for the local Mustang Club and a reputable tuner.

Best car-buying experience I have ever had.

I'm thoroughly satisfied and would recommend Gene and Ukiah Ford.
Old 3/1/05, 06:31 AM
V6 Member

I had a very good experience at Koons Sterling Ford in Sterling, Va. My salesman Greg Williams did a great job. Has helped with everything. I didn't receive my touch up paint from Ford, called him and went down and picked it up. I asked not to have dealer logos put on the car, I wanted to be called as soon as the truck arrived. Greg took care of everything I asked. I know its not much but he has been very responsive. I was one of the lucky ones to pick up my car 6 weeks after I put down my $500 on Nov. 19. There are good dealers out there.

Kevin thanks for the quick response on my order. Everything was great. Thanks for the calender, wheel catalog, accessory catalog and extra goodies (is more than I would have recieved from my local dealer). Don't get me wrong my sales time was great, they do need some work on their parts department. (I asked them about a locking gas cap, all the counter guy could say was there is a gas cap listed but it didn't say anything about locking). So I figured it was best to look elsewhere.
Old 3/1/05, 06:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

If someone from the SF Bay Area knows a good one, please post!
Old 3/1/05, 06:36 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I got Eleanor from Ernest Mccarty Ford with JR Browning as my salesman. The sales process was top notch, and I have had nothing but good things to say about the service department. I have had an oil change and shaker replace, both positive experiences.
They are A+ in my book, and I will buy from them from now on.
Old 3/1/05, 06:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Jim Dobson Ford in Winamac IN. I got a GREAT deal and even though they are 2hrs. away, it was all well worth it!!!!!! My salesman's name was Hager Tolson.
Old 3/1/05, 07:14 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor Michigan was definitly a positive buying experience for me. The salesman was patient and expected my thousands of calls and emails asking where my stang was. He always returned my calls and there was never any BS being played. Great dealership and would recommend to anyone.
Old 3/1/05, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

Southbay Ford. If anyone is near LAX let me know.
Old 3/1/05, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

As I told Kevin at Tri-Ford in Southern Illinois, just outside St. Louis...
I'll never buy a Ford from anyone else!
Old 3/1/05, 07:31 AM

I'm sure there are dealers out there, who are not the best. The stories on TMS show there are at least a few. However, most of the dealers do not fit the negative image.

This thread is a welcome relief from the usual complaints. While I've had some problems with my new '05, they've all been handled in a businesslike manner by Rick Ford Sales in Hemlock, Michigan. Rick Ford is a small dealer but the people there have been big on service. Service Manager Jeff James is way out in front of some of the larger dealerships. Owner John Rick was most helpful in getting my car built during the busy times at Flatrock last fall. The car was delivered at the agreed price with no last minute markups!

Hemlock is a small town near Saginaw, MI and only 15 miles from Midland, where I live. While I can't think of a bad Ford dealer near here, I can say that Rick Ford has served me well.

Ted
Old 3/1/05, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

I went to Gorno Bros. Ford in Woodhaven, MI.

Outstanding sales and service.

I had a small service problem about 3 weeks after I got my car, all it took was one phone call and they had me in there that day. The tech came right up and got the car from me, fixed it, and it was out within a 1/2 hour.

I bought my 02 GT from Village Ford in Dearborn, MI. They were very good also.
Old 3/1/05, 07:38 AM

Well, Sunday I went to Herb Chambers--Westboro, MA, a big volume dealer, for a GT test drive--they have 2 on the lot.

They were very honest up front, saying that if there was no serious intent or 'money in-house', GT test drives were, for the moment, not allowed. But at least there was no markup. They want to keep the miles off them, I can understand this. People have been showing up with TRAILERS to cart their new toys away showing as few miles as possible. Clearly, Ford has messed up big time with anticipated GT vs. V6 demand. This dealer was expecting inventory of 45 V6s in the next few weeks, and they were already offering substantial rebates on current V6 stock.

They were also very clear that attempting to order a GT with an automatic would be just plain futile for the rest of the year, but that manual-equipped ordering was possible. I have no reason to disbelieve this. Manager said that as a volume outfit, have some pull with Ford and could get GTs up from southern states if they were needed.

I was able to drive a very nice V6 w/auto, they were very polite, friendly, and very low pressure. I would buy from them. As with every MA dealer, the lot was packed solid with hundreds of F150s and Explorers. They must be giving them away like lollipops.
Old 3/1/05, 07:47 AM

While 3 local dealers didn't call me when they had the order forms, Bartow Ford did. I had a great experience with John Nagashige at Bartow (FL). He was in constant communication with me, keeping me up to date whenever he had info. He would get answers for questions I asked. I can't say enough about the service he and Bartow provided. I received 3 follow-up calls after the purchase as well. Once I had my car and they were showing up on the lots, the 3 local dealers started calling to let me know they had them. You snooze, you loose. I was already driving mine!

http://www.bartowford.com/
Old 3/1/05, 07:49 AM
GT Member

If in So Cal try Cerritos Ford NO MARK UPS
Old 3/1/05, 07:50 AM
GT Member

If in So Cal try Cerritos Ford NO MARK UPS
Old 3/1/05, 08:13 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Very positive experience here at George Coleman Ford in Travelers Rest SC. I started trying to order back in May and was told by all other dealerships that I could not order before pricing was released. Tommy Satterfield at George Coleman Ford placed my order on June 2, 2004 and I received my car on 10/19/04. Great dealership with excellent customer service.
Old 3/1/05, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

I ended flying out to Houston Texas for mine. They had exactly what I ordered so I cancelled my order with my other dealership and wnet with Champion Ford. They were great! My sales person Robert came and picked up my wife and I from the airport and took us to the dealership. Everybody that worked there came up and spoke. They all seemed amazed that we had flown 800 miles from Georgia to purchase the car. Heck they even bought us lunch from a really good italian restaurant down the street. Everybody there was extremely nice and I would definitly consider buying from them again.
Old 3/1/05, 08:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Steve Williams Ford ~ Lawrenceburg Tennessee.

They have went above & beyond calling the plant, allocations office, the railyards, the scheduling offices, etc for me, just to get me info on my car. They're the best. Ask for Joe, he's the gm.
Old 3/1/05, 08:46 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

You know what really stinks about car dealsers? You go there, you test drive a car (or SUV or Truck), you like it, you're ready to buy it and then they tell you that they haven't told you right price. I almost bought 2001 Lincoln Navigator with all options last summer, but dealer increased price by over $6,000. I think from now I'll buy cars from private sellers.
Old 3/1/05, 08:48 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!

kc

Quick Reply: Outstanding Ford Dealers