General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Opinions needed...Can't Decide on Front End Mods

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/11, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions needed...Can't Decide on Front End Mods

Alright guys so I recently did a lot to my front end (smoked headlights, smoked turn signals, pony package grille, & HID's). I can't decide if I like the smokes with the pony package grille or not. It's almost as if they are two different styles that clash. Not only that but I can't decide which one to change. Obviously changing the lights back to stock and maybe getting clear turn signals would be less expensive and less of a hassle than swapping grilles and probably just the front bumper altogether to a GT or CS bumper with fogs and new HID's. Anyways, tell me what you guys think...I need some opinions to swing me one way or another. Thanks.

with smoked headlights

without smoked headlights
Old 9/22/11, 08:57 AM

It does kinda clash the classy grille with the BA look with the smoked lights, but I'm not a fan of the smoked headlights on any stang. I am however a fan of smoked turn signals where did you get yours and $?
Old 9/22/11, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ditmer
It does kinda clash the classy grille with the BA look with the smoked lights, but I'm not a fan of the smoked headlights on any stang. I am however a fan of smoked turn signals where did you get yours and $?
Thanks. My other thought is to plastidip the chrome on the grille black but I can't decide if it's worth the effort or to just trade to something different. I Sent you a pm about the turn signals.
Old 9/22/11, 09:55 AM

Keep the smoked headlights they're sexy
I painted my corral/pony/fog lights all black chrome to match the murdered out look, I wonder if painting the corral/bar/pony a legend lime then smoking the fogs would look interesting? It would definitely be something I haven't seen before.
Just a thought
Old 9/22/11, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by JetWolf
Keep the smoked headlights they're sexy
I painted my corral/pony/fog lights all black chrome to match the murdered out look, I wonder if painting the corral/bar/pony a legend lime then smoking the fogs would look interesting? It would definitely be something I haven't seen before.
Just a thought
Oh alright it's nice to actually see it done...nice work. What did you paint it with?

Old 9/22/11, 10:51 AM

Headlight tint - no clearcoat, you can get it at autozone. For the grill it gives you a beautiful black chrome look so it doesn't completely fade into the rest of the grill.
Old 9/22/11, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by JetWolf
Headlight tint - no clearcoat, you can get it at autozone. For the grill it gives you a beautiful black chrome look so it doesn't completely fade into the rest of the grill.
did you spray the entire grille or take the chrome pieces off to spray them?
Old 9/22/11, 11:37 AM

I just took the grill off the car, a few pins and pratically rocking the car you get the devil out haha!
Attached Images  
Old 9/22/11, 12:27 PM

Oh I know how to take the bumper and grille off too well believe me....did it about 4 times this summer between doing the headlights, grille swap, HID's, and troubleshooting. Buy hey what's a 5th time, right?
Old 9/22/11, 04:15 PM

Oh wait your car is satin silver sorry it looked like legend lime on my phone for some reason X)

I actually like the way it is with the smoked lights and ppackage grill. Maybe some halo fog lights would go well with it? Im not a big fan of straight silver chrome, but I do love black chrome! Maybe you could do a light light layer of headlight tint over the grill and smoke the fogs?

Or you could do your grill like mine and buy black pillars so the whole front grille would be a connected black. Or would that be to cam.. cama.. - chevy disaster-ish?

So many possibilities.

Last edited by JetWolf; 9/22/11 at 07:02 PM.
Old 9/22/11, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

I agree with what folks are saying about blacking the grille- I think that would make it match the smoked headlights- which I like. I blacked the grille on my last Mustang- it was perf. white and I was going for a real black/white contrast look. Easy to do and looks great in the right situation.
Old 9/22/11, 07:16 PM

alright heres my final decision since this has know been rambling in my mind for the day.

paint fog lights. thats what's differentiating from the sexy smoked look.

If your like me and don't care for chrome, pop off grill, and paint to match color of car (or black chrome is cool too)

If you like hood pins as well, i think that would be a smashing item to invest in.

custom car = instant sex.
Attached Thumbnails Opinions needed...Can't Decide on Front End Mods-2011-09-22_17-34-26_119.jpg   Opinions needed...Can't Decide on Front End Mods-2011-09-22_16-32-39_440.jpg  
Old 9/23/11, 12:10 PM

I think I will paint the grille but not the headlights. I want to be able to use my HID foglights to their full potential since my HID headlights give me little to no visibility with the smokes. Would this look off leaving the fogs clear? If so I might just swap back to the OEM headlights just like the second picture. Decisions decisions....

Last edited by kav05; 9/23/11 at 12:12 PM.