General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

In need of quality car care products....look inside

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/22, 02:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
In need of quality car care products....look inside

First off here's the disclaimer. I have no connections with Chemical Guys, nor do I work at Ollie's

Saw an Ollie's flyer in the newspaper today, and they have a crap load of Chemical Guys car care products at dang good prices, i.e 64 oz MR Gold car soap that sells on Amazon for $22.64 is $9.99. The 16 oz spray bottle of interior cleaner/detailer that's $13 on Amazon is $5.99. If you're like me you have shelves full of car care products, but I figure one can never have enough. Hopefully if you need any you have an Ollie's nearby. I'm heading to mine tommorrow.
The following 2 users liked this post by wanted33:
NC14GT (11/13/22), VGMStudios (11/12/22)
Old 11/13/22, 06:40 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,017 Likes on 632 Posts
No Ollie's here but thanks anyway.
I am still learning, and eventually it will sink in my head, that these products all seem to do the same thing, whether expensive or not. Maybe there are certain 'shine meters' or devices that can prove the difference, but after trying most everything out there, the results are basically the same unless applied by an experienced professional detailer. Even then what are they really going to do with a car that looks new already? My latest experiment with ceramic over regular 100% carnauba wax did nothing for my GT or R/T. Maybe the ceramic will last longer?? Who knows. My days of buying Griot's and pricier products are over. Mother's and Meguiar's work perfectly fine.
The following 3 users liked this post by NC14GT:
shaneyusa (11/14/22), Siber Express (11/13/22), wanted33 (11/13/22)
Old 11/13/22, 12:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
I was just at the SEMA show and was kind of amazed at the amount of manufacture's of detailing products I've never heard of. I have to wonder how many different brands come out of the same factory with the same ingredients in them.
The following 2 users liked this post by Glenn:
NC14GT (11/13/22), wanted33 (11/13/22)
Old 11/13/22, 02:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by NC14GT
No Ollie's here but thanks anyway.
I am still learning, and eventually it will sink in my head, that these products all seem to do the same thing, whether expensive or not. Maybe there are certain 'shine meters' or devices that can prove the difference, but after trying most everything out there, the results are basically the same unless applied by an experienced professional detailer. Even then what are they really going to do with a car that looks new already? My latest experiment with ceramic over regular 100% carnauba wax did nothing for my GT or R/T. Maybe the ceramic will last longer?? Who knows. My days of buying Griot's and pricier products are over. Mother's and Meguiar's work perfectly fine.
I can't disagree with that Dave. I have a friend that sells Croftgate car care products. While they are very good, at 30 bucks a bottle I can't tell the difference between them and the Meguiars at a cheaper price point. I'm sure the Chemical Guys stuff will be the same, but at the cheap prices I picked up several different things at Ollies today. I use the waterless wash on my Vette as it's not out in inclement weather, and at $6 for the CG's compared to $14 for the Meguiars I did save a few bucks. They also had the CG's microfiber towels at less than a buck a piece. So I picked up a bunch of those to replace my old worn out towels.

I did find a graphene ceramic spray by 303 that is very good stuff. Easy on, easy off, and the water beads are tighter than any I've seen with all the other waxes etc, I've tried. And the depth of the shine is amazing. I took a cleaning polish to the wife's Mustang, then an IPA wipdown, and applied the 303. Looks good as new. And as my dear old Dad used to say, "It's slick as a babies butt".

Last edited by wanted33; 11/13/22 at 02:42 PM.
NC14GT (11/14/22), shaneyusa (11/14/22)
Old 11/14/22, 06:39 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,017 Likes on 632 Posts
Wow! Those were really good deals. I would have grabbed some items myself. Like you, I have shelves full of the stuff. Why do we keep buying more? I wonder if this is another type addiction? I'll be waiting for the infomercial.
Old 11/14/22, 10:41 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,126 Likes on 808 Posts
I agree that the Meguiars is hard to beat, but sounds like you found some great bargains. I am always a bit leery to switch when I know something I am using works well. Just wonder if I am asking for trouble. I do have a few favorites outside of Meguiars, so I am open to trying something new... With some caution though. Those do sound like some great bargains that I would love to check out, too bad there are no Ollies' close by. Looks like Ollie's sells just about anything at some great prices. They just don't seem to have any store west of the Rockies.
The following 2 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
NC14GT (11/14/22), wanted33 (11/14/22)
Old 11/14/22, 02:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
I agree that the Meguiars is hard to beat, but sounds like you found some great bargains. I am always a bit leery to switch when I know something I am using works well. Just wonder if I am asking for trouble. I do have a few favorites outside of Meguiars, so I am open to trying something new... With some caution though. Those do sound like some great bargains that I would love to check out, too bad there are no Ollies' close by. Looks like Ollie's sells just about anything at some great prices. They just don't seem to have any store west of the Rockies.
Most of the time Ollie's just has the left over stuff they buy from other stores that have too much inventory. But, every now and then they have some good stuff. Like you I've been using Meg's for years, and have been very pleased. So, just to be sure I checked the reviews for the Chemical Guy's products. Everyone seems to like them, so at the cheap prices I figured it would be fine. With 5 vehicles in my rolling stock I'll use the stuff up pretty quick, and then I'll go back to Meg's.
NC14GT (11/14/22), shaneyusa (11/14/22)