General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

NE1 Been in contact w/Richard@Rotorpros???

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/07, 02:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NE1 Been in contact w/Richard@Rotorpros???

I've been trying to get a hold of Richard @Rotorpros.com for the past week and keep getting his answering machine. I've left messages but haven't gotten a callback.

FYI- I'm trying to reach him because last week while painting my calipers I noticed the painted hub of my rotors has melted off.

Here's a pic of my problem.
Old 1/12/07, 03:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Here's Rich's e-mail addy, rotorpros@yahoo.com

If you get no reply from him, you can always sand down that surface and spray some Gloss Black on it.
Old 1/12/07, 06:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a set of Rotorpros that I never put on my car. I recievied them and didn't like how they looked. The drilled holes were already rusty but I didn't buy them directly from Rotorpros. I decided to go with these after 94Bird posted his comments about them.

http://www.r1concepts.com/
Old 1/12/07, 06:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No rust problems here. I'm assuming you bought yours from SCM???? I'm going to just leave as is since you can't even see messed up part when the wheels are.
Old 1/14/07, 02:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I wrote:
Check this out and inlucded the pic above.

Response From Rotorpros.
Wow that's a first. Unfortunatley our warranty policy does not cover the custom coating. We only offer warranty for cracked or warped rotors. What we can do is refund you $10 so you can buy a can of caliper paint and touch it up. If you would like us to do this email us back with a copy of this email with your paypal account name. It's usually your email address. You can purchase caliper paint at your local PepBoys or Autozone. However, once you put the rim back on this isn't noticeable is it??? Looks like it is shaped like the pattern of the rim. Just curious.
Old 1/14/07, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Response From Rotorpros...
Although not the answer you were probably hoping for, it's probably a lot better this way. You won't have to hassle with removing all the rotors, boxing them up, and pay for shipping them.

If the peeling gets worse or you get to the point that you just can't stand it any longer, just paint that section yourself. Just mask off the wheel well and parts of the body with newspaper (against overspray), mask around the wheel stud threads, and pretty much mask off everything else except for the hat area. Sand, prime, and spray some hi-temp enamel or caliper paint and you should be good to go. How well it sticks will depend how well you prep it.
Old 1/14/07, 04:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Although not the answer you were probably hoping for, it's probably a lot better this way. You won't have to hassle with removing all the rotors, boxing them up, and pay for shipping them.

If the peeling gets worse or you get to the point that you just can't stand it any longer, just paint that section yourself. Just mask off the wheel well and parts of the body with newspaper (against overspray), mask around the wheel stud threads, and pretty much mask off everything else except for the hat area. Sand, prime, and spray some hi-temp enamel or caliper paint and you should be good to go. How well it sticks will depend how well you prep it.
Thanks for the advice Bill I'll keep that in mind for if and when the cracks in the paint start to show through the wheels.

Update from Richard @ Rotorpros.
What's your paypal address?? I will refund your $30 for the coating. The reason we cannot possibly warranty the coating is that we cannot be there every minute of the day and watch over how people care for their products. There are many harsh rim cleaning chemicals out there that of course, will damage the paint. How can we tell this wasn't used. The truth is we cannot. I would think people would be aware not to use this on their rims anymore once the custom painted rotors are installed but apparently some people have. I tell them, you wouldn't spray that stuff on your cars paint, right?? I am not saying you used that stuff, but I hope you can understand why we cannot warranty the coating. Send me your paypal addy and I will refund you the $30 you paid for the coating. That's all we can do. Sorry the coating didn't hold up for you. It has for thousands of other customers. Hopefully, this doesn't happen again. Sincerely, Richard.
Old 1/14/07, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
... I will refund your $30 for the coating.
Take the $30 and run.
Old 1/14/07, 07:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well he kind of accuses you of screwing up the paint by using the wrong chemical on your wheels and then offers to refund you $30 to fix it. A mixed message but like Bill said, "take the $30 and run!"
Old 1/14/07, 08:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Not my favorite solution but I did take the $30.