General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

My Mustang was keyed. No other reason, than those **** youth.

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/12 | 05:48 PM
GT Member

Dude... at the warped tour? I'm sorry to hear about your story. Concert crowd is unpredictable. People gettin' high and doin' all kinds of shenanigans. Thank God your deductible is only $100! Think of it as an opportunity to change your color scheme or go with a different look with the vinyls.
Old 7/24/12 | 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I caught someone keying my '69 Olds Vert in a parking lot. Grabbed him and shook the living poop out of him demanding why he did it and he said 'just cause'. So I broke his hand just cause. Was it right? Not in the least. But I figured if he called the cops on me I'd just say I caught him red handed and had to defend myself. I would never condone doing that now, but in the heat of the moment you never know how you're going to react.
Old 7/24/12 | 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

This is my nightmare. I still can't even park my car out of sight at a restaurant or bar. I wish bad things on the punk that did this to your ride.

Old 7/24/12 | 11:04 PM

I feel your pain, OP. I got keyed in my own apartment building parking lot. I honestly think its just kids these days don't understand anything about respect or even love for automobiles. Kids these days tend to think all non hybrids are evil or something. I don't know. Hope all the repairs are good. When mine happened, I filed a police report and my insurance company waived my deductible. Might try that.
Old 7/24/12 | 11:41 PM
Cobra R Member

That totally sucks, it's great its being fixed but sometimes and usually my luck, that it's never turns out well and the car will never be the same, might have paint shade issues, texture differences, buff marks from crudy collision work.
Old 7/25/12 | 04:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Snowman
This is my nightmare. I still can't even park my car out of sight at a restaurant or bar. I wish bad things on the punk that did this to your ride.

Pulp Fiction - Don't **** with another man's vehicle - YouTube
My sentiments exactly!
Old 7/27/12 | 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Just got the car back from the shop. Looks pretty good. Just need to apply the stripes back onto the hood. Which is the most painful part of this process. I'm going to have to find a weekend I'm free and drive a few hours to get back to my vinyl guy. It will pretty much be a full day. A day that I don't really have time for. But it's gotta be done.

Originally Posted by Zastava_101
Angry ex-girlfriend?
I kinda wish it was. That way I could have her pay the deductible. But unfortunately, I haven't had any ex's in 2 years, and we're 7 hours away from each other now, and left of good terms.
Old 7/27/12 | 05:13 PM
Cobra Member

This is just a fact of life anymore. There is no respect for other people's property. I was at a Corvette Show & Shine (about 600 cars) and they caught two kids keying the cars as they walked by them. They hit 11 cars before being caught. Many thousands of dollars in damage as some had custom paint jobs. They were turned over to the police. Hope mom and dad had a lot of money!

Keep the faith...
Old 7/31/12 | 10:22 AM
Bullitt Member

So I picked the car back up this past Friday. Looked good, minus not having the stripes put back on the hood. I'd have to schedule a time to get them back on.

BUT...just my luck, the day I picked up the car, we had a hail storm roll through while I was at work, where the car was exposed without cover. About 9 nice-sized marks in the hood, 2-3 in the top, and 3-4 along the passenger side. Took it to the shop Saturday morning, and showed them my luck. They gave me an estimate of $450 of damage.

What the hell? Why is my car going through this much all of a sudden?
Old 7/31/12 | 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by woody24
So I picked the car back up this past Friday. Looked good, minus not having the stripes put back on the hood. I'd have to schedule a time to get them back on.

BUT...just my luck, the day I picked up the car, we had a hail storm roll through while I was at work, where the car was exposed without cover. About 9 nice-sized marks in the hood, 2-3 in the top, and 3-4 along the passenger side. Took it to the shop Saturday morning, and showed them my luck. They gave me an estimate of $450 of damage.

What the hell? Why is my car going through this much all of a sudden?
**** dude that's ****ing terrible.
Old 8/7/12 | 06:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I was a high school teacher for at risk youth for years before I went into higher education. The stories I could tell you! Speaking of, I don't think there is one original panel on my little sixer. Lol I'm sorry that happened but remember karma will come knocking for the one that did it. Rest assured.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 8/7/12 at 06:22 PM.
Old 8/10/12 | 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

What a douchebag!!! Hate that happened to ya!! Poor Mustang just sitting there looking pretty!!
Old 8/10/12 | 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't know what has got into my generation but most of them are completely disrespectful.

Few nights ago I had taken the corvette to work because the cobra was leaking some coolant pretty bad. Well I was just cleaning up and seen a car of two teen parked next me and they sat there for at least 30 minutes. So I watched them for a bit and once they were done and ready to leave they threw their milk shake all over the car I ran out there as they were speeding away and gave them the birds as they drove right past me. And I don't think I have anyone that hates me around here as no one really knows me so they did it just for no reason.
Old 8/11/12 | 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dbranham
Don't know what has got into my generation but most of them are completely disrespectful.

Few nights ago I had taken the corvette to work because the cobra was leaking some coolant pretty bad. Well I was just cleaning up and seen a car of two teen parked next me and they sat there for at least 30 minutes. So I watched them for a bit and once they were done and ready to leave they threw their milk shake all over the car I ran out there as they were speeding away and gave them the birds as they drove right past me. And I don't think I have anyone that hates me around here as no one really knows me so they did it just for no reason.
Unreal, Just un.... real....