General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Mustangs Across America

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/04, 08:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a program reminder...

Mustangs Across America debuts on the Travel Channel starting TONIGHT at 8PM Eastern, 7 Central. A British film crew tagged along on the journey from California to Nashville for the 40th anniversary celebration, documenting the entire trip. I joined up with them in Mustang OK, and ran "#2" in line for most of one day..... Maybe I'll be on there, maybe I won't... , but there were plenty of neat cars and super people - should be fun to watch!!!
Old 10/25/04, 02:55 AM

I remember your ride SAAAWEET!!! I was in the doc. but have not seen it yet just from what friends tell me....

Justin (01 Roush Stage 3 mineral gray)
Old 10/25/04, 03:56 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have just e-mailed Discovery Europe asking if they are going to be showing it here. WIll wait for an answer now!
Old 10/25/04, 08:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah Justin - you'll LOVE it - they did a NICE segment on you & your car!!! Several minutes worth!

I appeared once for about 3 seconds, and they interviewed Sam & his son with my car behind them a couple minutes later... Most of the good driving footage was EARLY in the program (the first 2 days), with personal stories taking up the last part of the program. Not much good "driving footage" after I joined you guys in Oklahoma.
Old 10/26/04, 03:47 AM

Thats cool thanks...Few friends have told me about it and its in the mail to me right now hahaha.

If I am not mistaken your car was the very first one I noticed pulling into OK at the hotel in the parking lot behind some guys drinking beers in lawnchairs??? If not I checked out your site and your ride is simply amazing....

Will you be doing the next trip with MAA winter wonderland I believe its called?
Old 10/27/04, 07:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

"...behind some guys drinking beers in lawnchairs..." Gee - I WONDER who that was? - Yep, that was my car (and me)!

Going to miss out on the winter wonderland drive - I'm in Kansas City, and it's just too far away - especially with our weather that time of year! :shock:
Old 10/27/04, 10:59 AM

hahaha Like I said first stang I saw there...oh and made me run to my room get get a beer hahaha...

Sorry you cant make it to the winter show so I will have extra fun in your name

Justin
Old 10/29/04, 06:43 PM

[SIZE=7][COLOR=#FF0000]Hey Bob & Justin..how is it going! You may remember me from the MAA drive - the red '86 SVO from Mass. I thought the Travel Channel show was very well put together - great scenery and and music. Justin, you are a natural in front of the camera. Bob, I feel like you . . .my car got a split second cameo leaving the hotel parking lot a few legnths behind Linda's fastback. I was seriously thinking of joining the drive in Cali. - what's another couple of miles....Oh well, maybe next time. By the way, I STILL have the MAA banner on my car thanks to your professional install. Did I see right? Is the clone For Sale?? College Tuition money????I wasn't a fan of clones until I saw your car. I would never consider an Eleanor but your approach is perfect. I still drop by your web site every now and then. Happy trails to both you guys.

Steve
Old 10/29/04, 07:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

STEVE!!!! (aka ISPYSVO, IIRC(?))

GREAT to hear from you! I guess we can't ALL be big-time celeb's like JUSTIN, can we??? I really didn't see much footage on the program from AFTER Oklahoma. I think they must've got tired of us! I really enjoyed the MAA banquet with you guys & the "Texas gang"!

I've got the car offered for sale - kind of a "fishing" thing. Had a few nibbles, but I'm in NO hurry. If I don't have a "bite" by the end of the year, I'll probably tear back into it in preparation for next summer's MCA National in Kansas City. Need to get the undercarriage all detailed out again after 5 years of driving. Sure have had a LOT of fun in this old car.
Old 10/30/04, 12:18 PM
V6 Member

Cool

On now
Old 11/1/04, 03:44 PM

Well I finally got to check out the show, a friend of mine sent of a copy here to Korea. First thing I did was got all the Marines told them to come down a watch me make a fool out of myself and they gladly run to the couches hahaha. Now I am the butt of all jokes its ok though what are friends for right. I will be signing autographs later if you guys are interested hahaha BIG JOKE!!!

Anyways it was a good show had lots of fun and was great to relive the experience. Have fun all take care and be safe........

Justin

btw good luck on the sale Bob such a beautiful ride and with all that hard work tough to put a price on it...
Old 11/2/04, 08:31 PM
V6 Member

What a great trip!
Too bad the show couldn't tell ALL the stories.
I'm just glad the cameras weren't rolling when the naughty KAOS misbehaved on the way home.
Justin, that was great Big Daddy sent you a copy.
Bob, how 'bout putting your car up at BJ? That would be fabulous for MAA to have one it's own there.

J.
Old 11/17/04, 07:45 PM

was going to start a separate thread, but saw this here.............this special is being shown in all its HD glory on Discovery HD: Tuesday, Nov 30 at 9pm. just saw the commercial for it now.

can't wait!
Old 11/30/04, 08:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by macd23@November 17, 2004, 9:48 PM
was going to start a separate thread, but saw this here.............this special is being shown in all its HD glory on Discovery HD: Tuesday, Nov 30 at 9pm. just saw the commercial for it now.

can't wait!
I just watched it on Discovery HD. Man what a great program and the HD picture was fantastic!. I'd love to do that trip some time
Old 12/1/04, 04:04 AM

There is another MAA trip coming up real soon...check it out...

www.mustangsacrossamerica.com