General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

The Mustang Wave ?

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/13, 05:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
The Mustang Wave ?

Is there such a thing?

I've tried waving at some Mustangs I see and I almost never get a reply ...

Do any of you guys do it and do you get replies?
Old 5/4/13, 05:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
All the time. Flash of lights too alllllll the time
Old 5/4/13, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Is there such a thing?

I wave back with the :bird:
Old 5/4/13, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Is there such a thing?

Yup. I give a thumbs up or honk and usually get a response. A few days ago I was driving home and a white mustang was behind me. I turned off and gave a honk and he replied as well. Mustang owners unite!
Old 5/4/13, 07:18 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I find that hard to believe Joe.
I've waved to a couple of Mustang owners and get the blow off, so I no do no more!! lol
Old 5/4/13, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
I find that hard to believe Joe.
I've waved to a couple of Mustang owners and get the blow off, so I no do no more!! lol
Truth, I rarely see mustangs
Old 5/4/13, 07:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Truth, I rarely see mustangs
I saw an older dude driving a drop top Camaro SS last week and he wouldn't even acknowledge me. I was going to give him the thumbs up too.
I guess he was intimidated by the color!
Old 5/4/13, 07:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
With great disappointment, I post a response...I stopped giving the wave long ago. I remember as a kid, my dad would get waves all the time from other Mustang drivers for no reason other than driving a Mustang. Most of the people that I've tried waving to couldn't give a **** less, and, honestly, it offends me. If I find one that has been modded and I think the owner might actually know what car he drives, I'll give him a nod if he's willing to look my way and acknowledge me. Otherwise they can **** off...Unfortunately, most of them are just more worthless morons causing excess traffic on a daily basis...
Old 5/4/13, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Meh, why bother? I don't wave at guys in Dodge trucks either, and for the same reason: should I acknowledge that they're special because they were able to qualify for a car loan? I will wave or give a thumbs up to someone who's done a nice job of modding or restoring their vehicle, just to show a little respect for their effort... even if their "effort" was merely signing checks to the guy who actually did the work. But that's just me. Hell, if I had any sense, I'd live somewhere south of the Ohio River.
HOWEVER, if someone waves at ME, I'll respond in kind. I'm a curious mix of uncouth and polite.
Old 5/5/13, 01:28 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
A honk of the horn, a flash of the lights and a thumbs up...........all or any of the above...........and it doesn't have to be just a Mustang..............most American vehicles will get this from me as, obviously, they're pretty rare over here.

A few years back, I remember being coming back from a meet. I was sat at a stop light when 3 Harleys pulled up behind. I gave them a little blip of throttle. They matched that will a little rev themselves. I then gave it full throttle..........and they did likewise. As the lights turned green, we all drove away sedately and it was thumbs up all 'round
Old 5/5/13, 01:45 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts

That's because you're a ****ing arsehole. Not surprising.

I throw up a couple of fingers over the rim of the wheel when I meet a nice Mustang on the road. Or any nice car as a matter of fact. I love cars, if one looks nice I'll acknowledge it, even old steel from the 60s, 50s, etc.

I'll admit I go out of my way to wave or give some sort of acknowledgement to new Camaro drivers. Its funny to see some ***** in an SS avert his eyes and not even look at me when I wave at him from the GT500. His passengers usually avoid eye contact as well, you can see them glance at the car and then look away when they see the snake.

I do the same when I meet a new Challenger, and they usually wave back. Different breed of people that the Camaro guys in general. There's something different about the Camaro drivers, a stick up the **** of sorts. Most other fast cars I acknowledge give me the wave back, import or domestic. Seems that Camaro and Corvette drivers are the ones that get bent and ignore you in a Mustang. I've even had Viper drivers give me a thumbs up in the 500, but some cheese **** in a Camaro will pretend I don't exist in it.
Old 5/5/13, 03:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Happens to me all the time over here as well. Especially out and about. I get thumbs up from all the M3 drivers because they know that I'm just about as fast stock as they are around a track. The Germans wave anyway. The stuck up American M3 drivers that's a different story. They can get bent. Most of the Mustang guys around me all know each other so we wave all the time.
Old 5/5/13, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
...There's something different about the Camaro drivers...
They're just upset over mullets no longer being in fashion.
Old 5/5/13, 12:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts
I get very few return waves from Mustang drivers in my area also. Hell, even the Corvette drivers these days won't even return my wave when I'm driving mine. People are just asses these days, so I figure screw the ones that don't. There's still some good car folks around that understand.

BTW, no Corvette jokes. I've probably heard them all.......no wait. Go ahead, there may be some new ones out there I haven't heard.

Last edited by wanted33; 5/5/13 at 12:49 PM.
Old 5/5/13, 05:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
If you wave at me.. and I see it.. I'll wave back. I can't say I look inside the car's glass to see hands or not as typically, I'm trying to not hit you, dontcha know. And if my window is up, well... not rolling it down to wave. Sorries. Just gonna have to take the 'lifting fingers off the steering wheel' wave sometimes.
Old 5/8/13, 12:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

In the Metrowest area, the "Mustang wave" is a subtle 4 fingers off of the top of the steering wheel. Not all drivers get what it means it, but those that do return it.
Old 5/8/13, 06:45 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by DaGonz
In the Metrowest area, the "Mustang wave" is a subtle 4 fingers off of the top of the steering wheel. Not all drivers get what it means it, but those that do return it.
I'm from the same area and DaGonz is absolutely correct!