General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Are Mustang people unfriendly?

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/05, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:angry: Why don't Mustang owners wave back?

This is my first Mustang and I always thought Mustang people were very friendly. However, when I pass someone in a Mustang going the opposite direction they don't even acknowledge a wave and setting next to another Mustang at a stop light is really wierd. They won't even look at you and often times gun their engine. I have had people, who don't own Mustangs, come up to me in the parking lot and talk about my car or cars in general or even at a toll booth or drive-up window but a Mustang owner has never done that. The only responce I have got from someone in a Mustang was from another person in a Redfire GT. So what gives? Everyone here at Mustang Source seems pretty friendly. Am I the only Mustang person that waves at other people in Mustangs? Is it because I have an 05? Is it just where I live?

My wife has a Jeep Wrangler and ALL Wrangler owners say hey or wave. Wrangler people want to know what mods you have on your Jeep just like here at Mustang Source. What's the scoop guys?
Old 3/24/05, 10:31 AM
Cobra Member

I get the same thing, although I don't wave or look at other people driving usually. I don't want to provoke anyone or feel like a goof ball waving at someone without getting a response.

Southern California isn't exactly the most friendly places I've ever lived.
Old 3/24/05, 10:54 AM

I don't really wave :nono: it's more of a finger wave, and not the middle finger. I live out in the country though so I don't see a lot of road rage.
Old 3/24/05, 11:19 AM
V6 Member

yeah mustang people stink.nobody ever waves or says anything.sometimes they look but most of the time they try not to look at your car.its weird they just try to bogart you and no acknowlege you.i used to have a camaro and guys with camaros would say nice car and try to talk about our cars but mustang owners arent like that.oh well
Old 3/24/05, 11:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe it's an East Coast thing. Here, when I see another Mustang I give them a simple two finger "peace" type gesture and most of the time I get a smile, head nod or a wave back. Those that don't respond either don't see me or are in their own space.

I figure I'm doing my part and if I get a response great....if not, so what.
Old 3/24/05, 12:12 PM

I thought it might be an east coast thing but ALL, and I mean ALL, Jeep people nod or wave or something.

I guess I'll try and do my part too.
Old 3/24/05, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I wave. But i rev it too, so im sorta middle of the ground. On the question of "am i unfriendly", Id say an emphatic yes. <_<
Old 3/24/05, 08:29 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i would wave.... if i had one

sad to hear the mustangers near you arent friendly...
Old 3/24/05, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

they wave wether you drive a beater or a hotrod in south oklahoma..but not here in northern oklahoma, people think they have a "status" or somethin'...so it might dpend on where you live...
Old 3/24/05, 09:44 PM
V6 Member

Joe, I'm in MD too...in my immediate area, it seems a majority of the people that drive Mustangs don't really know what they've got. To them, it's just a nice sporty car.

If I see someone else out with a modded GT or something, I'll figure they've at least got an idea what the whole "Mustang" thing is about, and I'll at least give them a nod, and I'll usually get a response. Or they'll initiate the exchange; whatever.

But around my area, it just seems those that know what "Mustang" is about are the ones with a little something extra under the hood, or a classic owner.
Old 3/25/05, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I think it depends on what you drive. Early mustangs 64-70's always wave in my area. It is the guys in the new 05's who don't. They just look at you.

I grew up in NC and mustang people always waved at other mustang people in the 80's.

I really to chalk it up to the influx of non-mustang people buying the new ones. Kind of like when Harleys got popular and all of a sudden there were more Lawyers on Harleys than Harley guys on Harleys.

--Paul
Old 3/28/05, 11:11 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I always wave when waved to, no matter who it is...cause maybe its someone I know and I wasnt paying attention...but if I see a classic I always wave to them. Its a respect thing.
Old 3/29/05, 06:59 PM
GT Member

Here in NC, we get waves, reves, thumbs ups and point and smiles all the time, I usually give a two finger wave, and smile
Old 3/29/05, 07:45 PM
FR500 Member

saw a lady in a nice new 05....gave her a , and she waved back and smiled .....I would say they ARE friendly.
Old 3/29/05, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally posted by codeman94@March 29, 2005, 12:14 AM
I always wave when waved to, no matter who it is...cause maybe its someone I know and I wasnt paying attention...but if I see a classic I always wave to them. Its a respect thing.
Hi Codeman!
Old 4/29/05, 11:08 AM

Originally posted by Joe Navy@March 24, 2005, 1:57 PM
I don't really wave :nono: it's more of a finger wave, and not the middle finger. I live out in the country though so I don't see a lot of road rage.
It depends on your age. When I was younger and out street racing, all the young mustang drivers were friendly. Now I'm afraid to make contact for fear that I will be doing 90 down main street just to keep from getting beat by some punk kid.
Old 4/29/05, 11:16 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by PearBear@March 24, 2005, 4:07 PM
I wave. But i rev it too, so im sorta middle of the ground. On the question of "am i unfriendly", Id say an emphatic yes. <_<
I'll remember to give you the 'salute' next time I'm in your neck of the woods.
Old 4/29/05, 02:08 PM
GT Member

I live in PA. and drive to Towson Maryland every day. I always get waves from other drivers. I have had people other then Mustanger stop, wave, talk, thumbs up, you name it. I can't even park to go in a fast food place, store or anything. I went to by a new bedding and was in a store when a salesman siad,"Wow, look at that Mustang! It looks like an 05GT." I looked at him as he looked out the window of the store to see what he was looking at. Dumb right! When I realized it was mine I cracked a smile laughed at myself and told him. "Yea, she is all Mine!!!" He looked at me and said it is. I said here are her keys. I hit the keys for the lights. We talked for a while about the car. There have been too many to count. Those who don't wave, are Joe Cool and pretend not to see you. But I know that they see just fine. We have stopped people at red lights while we waitted for the light to change a kid in an older Mustang stopped, stopped dead in his tracks to look at the car. People were beepping away. It was funny.
Old 5/21/05, 09:16 AM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

:drive:
Old 5/21/05, 10:19 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by STANG89@April 29, 2005, 12:11 PM
It depends on your age. When I was younger and out street racing, all the young mustang drivers were friendly. Now I'm afraid to make contact for fear that I will be doing 90 down main street just to keep from getting beat by some punk kid.
Soo true!

Quick Reply: Are Mustang people unfriendly?