General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Mustang less than a month old 5 times for service!!!!

Old 9/12/12, 07:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang less than a month old 5 times for service!!!!

So I purchased my 2013 RedCandy Mustang v6 from Sansone Ford and it has been back to the dealer 5 times. Here is the scenario, the day I purchased the vehicle I didnt leave till late like 930 at night. When I was leaving I realized promptly that the horn didnt work properly. I returned to the dealer, and made them aware. My salesman said it was in my head. Next morning I contacted the owner of the Dealership and explained to him the horn issue he advised me to bring it in ASAP. So I made an appointment and went there with list ,broken horn, swirls in paint with sap and oxidation, stained vinyl on passenger door and damaged plastic on same passenger door, dried up windshield wipers. Now the only thing that was addressed was the horn which they fixed first, but then proceeded to tell me that the horn had water damage and needed to be replaced. I then returned another three times to fix all the other issues. The damage on the door was finally dyed yesterday, and I was told to leave it till this am and then clean it so the dullness would go away and everything would be fine. This am I cleaned the door and the dye peeled right off and the damage is still there. I promptly called FORD which had an open report on this vehicle from an earlier call. They have now escalated the issue and there is a possibility of replacement. I also have contacted the owner of the dealer awaiting a response. Do you guys think the possibility of replacement is high? Or Do I need an attorney ?
Old 9/12/12, 07:37 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Pics or OCD.
Old 9/12/12, 07:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Pics or OCD.
its not OCD and I'm not going outside for pics to please you. The horn wasn't OCD, the fact they told me it was water damage wasnt OCD
Old 9/12/12, 08:13 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

its not OCD and I'm not going outside for pics to please you. The horn wasn't OCD, the fact they told me it was water damage wasnt OCD
Why post in this forum then? The reason for pics is because the forum members can advise you from similar instances. You may not realize this but this forum contains trained experts, enthusiasts, mechanics, ford employees, and people with extensive mechanical/warranty knowledge.

Your description sounds a bit OCD. Dry wiper blades?? Are you aware that they are part of regular vehicle maintanance?

Sorry you took umbrage to a request for a tangible "example" such as a picture. However, it was only to assist you and not to "please myself."

Also, Im fairly certain you couldn't "please me" if you tried.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 9/12/12 at 08:16 AM.
Old 9/12/12, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Well when I have a moment to take pics I will
Old 9/12/12, 08:22 AM

You should get a replacement. Check out your state laws. Many have a lemon Law. I've got a 2013 gt. I ordered it on April 3rd, it was built on June 18th, took delivery on June 30th. It's been awsome. No problems whatsoever. My only gripe is that it took ford to long to get it built. On the other hand a friend of mine bought a 2010 gt brand new. The very next day, with less than 30 miles on it she was driving along and all of a sudden smoke started billowing in thru the a/c vents and from under the dash. What had happened is that the tranny blew. It was a standard. When the car got towed to the dealer, they tried to tell her they'd fix it. Are you kidding. Thirty grand, 30 miles, and you're going to fix it? Especially when the interior was all smoke damaged. Well she fought it and ford did replace the car as they should. But her dealer, autofair ford in Manchester nh, was terrible. Instead of admitting to the lemon, she had to do all the leg work. They suck. So, good luck and defend yourself.

Last edited by rumblee1; 9/12/12 at 12:17 PM.
Old 9/12/12, 10:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't they just order a replacement door panel instead of replacing the whole car?

*shrug*
Old 9/12/12, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Well for one it's not about the door it's more so about the water damage. Dealer just called and they are going to replace my car with my choice of vehicle at their loss
Old 9/12/12, 10:34 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
. Dealer just called and they are going to replace my car with my choice of vehicle at their loss
get you a good used GT40 then ...
Old 9/12/12, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

I will be happy with a base GT I'm not a complex person. My V6 had no real frills. My only requirements were 6 speed and not black
Old 9/12/12, 10:38 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
one of these i mean ..
Attached Images  
Old 9/12/12, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I know what you meant lol
Old 9/12/12, 11:00 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
one of these i mean ..
Old 9/12/12, 11:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Well for one it's not about the door it's more so about the water damage. Dealer just called and they are going to replace my car with my choice of vehicle at their loss
holy crap. nice!
Old 9/12/12, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Yea I told them the parameters are manual transmission and no black. The rest is negotiable
Old 9/12/12, 11:46 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
pics? Something tells me they found something wrong.. no state or dealer will do a buy bay for something that is a issue with operating the car(driveline damage or something that makes the car undriveable).
Old 9/12/12, 12:20 PM

Good for you, go for the GT. Cones pretty loaded anyway. I love mine. Got deep impact blue. What a head turning color.
Old 9/12/12, 12:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
pics? Something tells me they found something wrong.. no state or dealer will do a buy bay for something that is a issue with operating the car(driveline damage or something that makes the car undriveable).
This is what I'm thinking the water damage had to be worse than they let on
Old 9/12/12, 12:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by rumblee1
Good for you, go for the GT. Comes pretty loaded anyway. I love mine.
^ This
Old 9/12/12, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rumblee1
Good for you, go for the GT. Cones pretty loaded anyway. I love mine. Got deep impact blue. What a head turning color.
That's what I'm shooting for we will see if there is any trickery tomorrow am

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustang less than a month old 5 times for service!!!!