General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Mustang Driver Crashes After Running From Cops

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/15, 02:28 PM
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang Driver Crashes After Running From Cops

A Mustang driver in Tulsa, Oklahoma tried to outrun the cops, ended up fishtailing into traffic, and hitting an SUV. The driver than ran away on foot.

Read the rest on the The Mustang Source homepage. >>
Old 4/22/15, 03:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Look at back wheel. That's what happens when you try to break a solid rear axle. The solid rear axle breaks you. No candy *** IRS would hold up that well. lol
Old 4/22/15, 06:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
the problem is he had crappy 17 wheels
Old 4/22/15, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Don’t be stupid people. You get caught speeding, just stop. It’s way less painful than the alternative.
Or, you know... you could not speed in the first place...
Old 4/22/15, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
the problem is he had crappy 17 wheels
Could be the crappy Pirelli P Zero tires. I hate mine!!! I've had off road jeep tires that made less road noise!! Poor choice Ford. Very poor.
Old 4/23/15, 08:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Late on Sunday morning, police in Tulsa, Oklahoma attempted a routine traffic stop of a speeding Mustang. However, the Mustang sped up in an effort to lose the police officer. Then before the police could call it in, the Mustang fishtailed into oncoming traffic and ended up smashing into an SUV, as highlighted in a NewsOn6 story.

The driver then got out of the Mustang and hightailed it out of there on foot.

We have no word on whether the suspect’s been found. But still, guys, there’s no point in running from the cops. They’re going to catch you no matter what. You could pretend that your car’s fast enough, or that you’re going to outwit the donut-eating police force, but you’re wrong. And if you do run, you’re likely going to either seriously hurt, or even kill, someone. So just don’t do it.

Unless the car was stolen, what makes this Mustang driver especially stupid is that he left his car at the scene. Cause there’s no way in hell the police are going to be able to find him by searching his car. You know, because there’s no insurance, or registration, or license plate linked to a name? Right? Idiots. Don’t be stupid people. You get caught speeding, just stop. It’s way less painful than the alternative.
Old 4/23/15, 09:29 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
I agree Glenn! I always think that if they would stop right then and there, their outcome is better! But Nooooo they have to continue and then they wrack up a multitude of infractions/violations or MUCH worse until they ARE caught! Just can't fix stupid!!!
Old 4/23/15, 10:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
[This original post removed by me.]

Sometimes I need a [Delete this post, Y/n] button.

Move along, nothing to see here...
Old 4/23/15, 11:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by houtex
[This original post removed by me.]

Sometimes I need a [Delete this post, Y/n] button.

Move along, nothing to see here...
Old 4/24/15, 04:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
Wasn't much of a pursuit if the idiot wrecked before the officer could call it in ..... like "see cop, hit gas, wreck, run"

Originally Posted by Glenn
Unless the car was stolen, what makes this Mustang driver especially stupid is that he left his car at the scene. Cause there’s no way in hell the police are going to be able to find him by searching his car. You know, because there’s no insurance, or registration, or license plate linked to a name?
Welllllll ..... that holds true sometimes but you'd be surprised how often that with a little curiosity and looking .... that you can find even them.
True, it may take some time .... and often time is a luxury in short supply for the patrol officer (or so it seems) .... but often people leave something.

Last edited by tbear853; 4/24/15 at 04:50 AM.
Old 4/26/15, 09:04 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
Most every chase I ever was involved in was due to another issue that the driver had. Suspended license, outstanding warrants, and sometimes both that would result in jail time. My very last chase involved robbery suspects. Hard core criminals that ended up with serious sentences when we caught them. One received 40 years. That's why many run. It isn't just speeding, and rarely is.
It sure is dumb though to stand out like a sore thumb when you shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place. If you have warrants or a suspended license is it really that hard to drive 'normal' and blend in with no attention grabbing antics? I guess not.
Old 4/26/15, 09:07 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Most every chase I ever was involved in was due to another issue that the driver had. Suspended license, outstanding warrants, and sometimes both that would result in jail time. My very last chase involved robbery suspects. Hard core criminals that ended up with serious sentences when we caught them. One received 40 years. That's why many run. It isn't just speeding, and rarely is. It sure is dumb though to stand out like a sore thumb when you shouldn't be behind the wheel in the first place. If you have warrants or a suspended license is it really that hard to drive 'normal' and blend in with no attention grabbing antics? I guess not.
Yes some are already in trouble but even if it's a major or minor offense they're still compounding the charges! They ARE making it worse! :-)
Old 5/1/15, 10:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
just goes to show that you can't beat stupidity, and defiantly can't beat the good old Motorola! you can run but you can't die from Mr. Motorola!
Old 5/3/15, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's pretty ****ed how someone can't drive and flies into an SUV.