Old 2/26/08, 11:34 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<speechless>
Old 2/26/08, 03:28 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Won't happen in my state.
We barely have emissions testing (only 1996 and newer).
We won't even allow sales tax.
Besides the price of gas alone will weed out most big engines in the future.
The average Joe is already looking closely at the MPG of his daily driver.
Old 2/26/08, 05:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More government BS And I'm supposed to be proud to be an American? Gimmie a break. When I see CRAP like this I'm not proud of anything.
Old 2/26/08, 06:36 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
thats bs
Old 2/26/08, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am also really concerned with the enviroment, but BS like this and the inflated gas prices, which by the way the government should be protecting us from, is not going to save it. Here in Canada they are thinking about further taxing gas, with a carbon tax that will go to help enviormental causes( sure it will). Why are they not looking at big buisness ( the ones that are really killing the enviroment) to cut back on there emissions. Are you telling me that me shutting off my computer at night will do more to save energy and stop the crisis, than say the Gm dealership near my house that has about 20,000 watts worth of lights running all night doing the same, gimme a f!@#ing break. Why dont they tax shipping companies that do not replace there fleets with newer more efficient ships, or storefronts that dont turn off the lights at night. Why waste money on BS enviromental saviours like BIO fuel, that actually emmit more emissions to produce, instead of spending money on reforesting which will actually help lower CO2 levels. Why give tax money to subsidize bio fuel which actually burns quicker and therefore we need more of instead of further developing the electrical engine which had actually proven itself to be viable 20 years ago. Why because none of this is for us, to help us ,or to save us, or our children, but instead to milk more and more taxes out of all of us in North america, while not providing any of the benefits provided to other highly taxed nations like in western europe. The corporations always survive and the common man has to always pay, and in turn become more and, more poor. Why because, they will continue to spin the issues fooling the genral public, all the while picking thier pockets. Meanwhile the corporations simply morph into something else. Not something better, or more efficient, or in this case more enviromentally friendly, but they just take a new form in order to fool us for another couple decades, while they further degrade and pollute the earth, and governements continue to prostitute there people, and continue to provide a continually lower quality of life, and make more and more money while doing so. Eventhough we are told about our freedoms now more than ever, and we feel as though we have more control and say than ever. The cold hard truth is that is not the case. People are more disenfranchised than ever, and governments have more control than ever. One by one our freedoms are being stripped away, and our quality of life is being lowered in order to further enhance the riches of a growingly small percentage. What once was accomplished with the egde of a sword or the barrel of a gun, now happens by the tip of the pen, by way of ever increasing taxes, and new bills that are passed everyday, with no vote being put to the people. We feel as though we have control over the process by electing officials on false promises, but sadly our freedom and control ends shortly thereafter. This is not just a small fee being imposed on larger engines, that should just be pushed under the rug while we quielty shell out our hard earned money once again, but rather another glaring example of a very serious and more threathing problem.
Old 2/26/08, 06:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This makes no sense (typical govt thinking). Those people with larger engines typically drive their cars less than the average Joe. What a load of cr@p!
Old 2/26/08, 07:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clark Kent
I am also really concerned with the enviroment, but BS like this and the inflated gas prices, which by the way the government should be protecting us from, is not going to save it. Here in Canada they are thinking about further taxing gas, with a carbon tax that will go to help enviormental causes( sure it will). Why are they not looking at big buisness ( the ones that are really killing the enviroment) to cut back on there emissions. Are you telling me that me shutting off my computer at night will do more to save energy and stop the crisis, than say the Gm dealership near my house that has about 20,000 watts worth of lights running all night doing the same, gimme a f!@#ing break. Why dont they tax shipping companies that do not replace there fleets with newer more efficient ships, or storefronts that dont turn off the lights at night. Why waste money on BS enviromental saviours like BIO fuel, that actually emmit more emissions to produce, instead of spending money on reforesting which will actually help lower CO2 levels. Why give tax money to subsidize bio fuel which actually burns quicker and therefore we need more of instead of further developing the electrical engine which had actually proven itself to be viable 20 years ago. Why because none of this is for us, to help us ,or to save us, or our children, but instead to milk more and more taxes out of all of us in North america, while not providing any of the benefits provided to other highly taxed nations like in western europe. The corporations always survive and the common man has to always pay, and in turn become more and, more poor. Why because, they will continue to spin the issues fooling the genral public, all the while picking thier pockets. Meanwhile the corporations simply morph into something else. Not something better, or more efficient, or in this case more enviromentally friendly, but they just take a new form in order to fool us for another couple decades, while they further degrade and pollute the earth, and governements continue to prostitute there people, and continue to provide a continually lower quality of life, and make more and more money while doing so. Eventhough we are told about our freedoms now more than ever, and we feel as though we have more control and say than ever. The cold hard truth is that is not the case. People are more disenfranchised than ever, and governments have more control than ever. One by one our freedoms are being stripped away, and our quality of life is being lowered in order to further enhance the riches of a growingly small percentage. What once was accomplished with the egde of a sword or the barrel of a gun, now happens by the tip of the pen, by way of ever increasing taxes, and new bills that are passed everyday, with no vote being put to the people. We feel as though we have control over the process by electing officials on false promises, but sadly our freedom and control ends shortly thereafter. This is not just a small fee being imposed on larger engines, that should just be pushed under the rug while we quielty shell out our hard earned money once again, but rather another glaring example of a very serious and more threathing problem.
+1
Old 2/26/08, 07:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I heard about this, what are they going to tax next? Your right to use the bathroom because of the waste produced? It is getting crazy and the government is getting greedy.

Whatever happened to freedom and liberties?
Old 2/27/08, 02:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member Eu Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Not going to hit me over here, but some of you might get whacked with this

Then again... We in the Netherlands currently pay BPM (which is against EU regulations) and they're going to swap it over to a CO2 tax. As far as I know it'll only factor in with new cars being purchased, but anything currently on the road is kept out of the equation. Which is different from the US proposed program.

In essence these taxes are gonna kill off some of the car manufacturers... And knowing how Ford is doing in the US market they're not known for making 'green' cars. Either this is going to stab the Mustang (which brings back thoughts of the introduction of the smaller, more efficient Mustang II as the oil-crisis reared it's ugly head), or it's going to make sure that only smaller engines get produced.

In my opinion (and this holds true everywhere on the globe), if you have a bigger engine, it's likely going to use more fuel. More fuel means you pay more to drive. Heck... it means more taxes flowing into the system!

But if an effort to propagate green cars isn't made by the government (and they TAX you for driving a polluting car, instead of REWARDING you for driving a 'green' car), they kind of loose face with the rest of the world.

If an hydrogen engine became available with similar properties as my current engine aswell as proper availability (and pricing) of the fuel (and taxes), I'd seriously consider swapping over. It might cost me a lot, but I'd still seriously consider it.
Old 2/27/08, 04:29 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I doubt states would succeed implimenting legislation just singling out muscle cars. If the concern is MPG there would be a lot more vehicle models involved to join the Mustang and similar types. The states would have a difficult time justifying tax excemptions for large cars, SUVs, trucks, and vans. City, state, and federal government vehicles would have to be included as well. Proposing such tax might open a can of worms.

I can see some type of impact fee on new models as the GGT but not taxing annually every existing vehicle on the roads.
Old 2/27/08, 05:30 AM
Cobra Member

Makes you wonder what bull**** eco-friendly politican thought this up. If only one thinks that mustang owners are going to be deterred from this nonsense dream on. Like this in going to make me want to go out and support environmentally friendly cars....get a grip!
Old 2/28/08, 05:35 AM
Cobra Member

thats b u l l s h i t and they know it. why dont they just put the right emissions stuff on our car in the 1st place and then give them more power, and we'd all be happy!